“Rose Cottage stay was terrific!”

Ligonier Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Laughlintown B&B and Inns
bacliff,tx
“Rose Cottage stay was terrific!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Thank goodness I didn't read the reviews! My husband and I stayed in Rose cottage this week and we found it to be very clean, extremely well furnished and very, very comfortable. Actually, I can't believe the reviews about this place being so bad. I think there may have been a housekeeping problem, but it must have been addressed because we found everything perfect, and believe me I am very particular about everything. The mattress was comfortable and the linens were excellent. We found the bathroom very clean and none of the icky things mentioned in the reviews.
We left very early so I can't comment on the breakfast. We found "The Pie Shoppe" across the street and purchased our meals--what a wonderful place. Delicious pies and bakery items but my favorite was the Veggie Pizza.
We usually read the reviews and let the results decide our booking a stay, but this time I didn't read them because we had reservations at another B&B in Bedford the night before and this fit with our travel plans.
I would definitely book the Rose Cottage again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Charles Town, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

Our room in The Rose Cottage was beautiful, apparently new, the Jacuzzi was wonderful and the décor top notch! The 'Country Style' restaurant served a good and plentiful breakfast which included your choice of waffles, pancakes, French toast, omlettes, potatoes and bacon, and though the warming trays could have kept the food warmer/hotter, I'd have to rate it a 3-4 out of 5 and certainly ample to get you on your way for the day. If back in the area, I'd definitely stay in a Rose Cottage room again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Erie, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

This was a second time staying here of the Ligonier Highland games. We requested and received the same room as last time. It was set up with the cot as requested. This time we ate in the restaurant and thought it very good. I could barely finish the fish dinner there was so much fish. My son especially liked the fresh baked flower pot bread. We will stay again next year.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Fort Bragg, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

Upon arrival, I was so excited to be spending the "honeymoon we never had" on our 2nd anniversary at Ligonier Country Inn. I reserved the Rose Cottage. The room was musty and the bed linens were WET! There was what looked to be dirty toilet paper in the dresser as you walked in. The toilet seat had poop at the back. The shampoo had previously been used (half already gone), so I didn’t use it. The coffee was in a Tupperware container, not prepackaged, was too leery to use it, not sure how long it had been there. We went to have dinner at 4:16 pm at the Inn and were told the chef was late (supposed to open at 4), but they didn't know when and IF she would make it in. Around 10 PM as we laid in bed, people tried to get in ALL THREE of the doors to our room! (From 5 until 10 pm we had peace and quiet) They tried for a good 15 minutes before my hubby went to the doors and told them wrong room! They continued to try the inner/connecting door for another 5 minutes. I was so freaked out, I didn't sleep too well. The continental breakfast was a joke...no coffee for us on our way out for the day. The only redeeming fact of our second day was a bottle of wine the manager or owner had sent to our room (Thank you). Then I was so freaked out by the camera looking thingy on the tv (It is for the cable tv I’m sure), but still unnerved me a bit. Overall, the staff seemed unprepared for all aspects of their duties (except for the young gentleman who delivered the wine). We paid quite a bit for the room a night....I wouldn't give them a quarter of what I paid (first night was $139 and second $189)!!! The Sunday morning brunch was very good, as others have said. I personally will not recommend this Inn for a place to stay. I would ONLY recommend the Sunday Brunch!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank x_mp_femme
GREENSBURG
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

Bob and I have stayed in various rooms at the Ligonier Country Inn. The owners, PJ and Maggie are lovely people. PJ always remembers us when we come in the door! Their bar area is rustic and beautiful. Maggie and her staff are terrific chefs! The crab dip, the salads, and the flower pot bread are just the prelude to a wonderful dinner---always with specials of the evening. My favorite is always Maggie's sausage stuffed peppers! Our favorite room, so far, is number 17 because it opens up into the garden with the swimming pool. It is just lovely. The stay is inexpensive and the friendly staff keeps us returning. The complimentary breakfast on Saturday mornings is small, but always delicious. It is a "help yourself" kind of buffet serving cinammon buns, donuts, fruit, and juice/coffee. Upon leaving, we must go across the street to the Pie Shoppe so as to add a few more pounds. We will be back soon! Megan

Room Tip: The rooms in the main lodge are nice, however, we prefer the outside rooms around the pool.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

Upon arrival, we were utterly disappointed. The place was very unkempt and unclean (and I’m being kind). We had initially addressed the musty mildew smell in our room with the front desk. However, during our one night stay (thank God it wasn’t longer), the atrocities continued and included a pubic hair in the ice bucket, unclean coffee mugs and coffee pot, and crud and filth throughout. Upon checking out, I again addressed our dissatisfaction with the front desk. I later called and voiced my disappointment to the manager stressing I really wanted a refund for my stay there (this over-priced place cost me $218). She stated she would check with the owner. I received a phone call back from the manager stating that the owner had personally walked through the rooms prior to our arrival. Really? Wow! Unbelievable. If someone truly inspected prior to our arrival, they would have easily noticed the burned-out light bulbs, unwashed dishes and appliances, and overall dirty and unsanitary conditions throughout. The owner did not provide any consideration and stood firm on their position. I am as disappointed with the owner’s attitude as much as the lodging conditions. I do NOT recommend this place at all. Please do not even consider staying here.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Trinityron
Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

MY future Husband And I Stayed There In The Beginning of July For A family wedding In which I was a bridesmaid. Upon our arrival we walked into our room where it was soooo hot I couldn't breath. then I walked into the bathroom where I found 2 very large spiders. there were stains all over the bedroom floor and since we knew we were gonna pay a lot I wanted the air conditioner fixed or be accommodated. when we went to speak to the desk there were nothing but rude people and service. At the desk there was a very rude boy trying to help us and who wer thought was a manger but ended up being a snot nose kid who talked down and was degrading me as a woman. And plainly talking to a woman in anyway should happen. Being that my future husband is a COP he wasn't happy at all and asked to speak to the manager and was told she was too busy to come and talk to us. Then we were forced to look at a new room and to come and find out it was down the road and way from my family..... the room was sooo gross and dirty smelled like a squatter was living in there. we were then told that pj the owner was gonna come and fix our a/c. And when we got back the room was still a whopping 95 degrees...BY THIS TIME WE WERE SO UPSET. When the owner arrived he had a rude defensive attitude and began attacking me and my husband by calling me names and so on. Getting upset by this man attacking me I walked away bc having a drunk owner more interested in just buying us cheap nasty warm beer then solving the issues has a problem Id love for John Taffer to come into the establishment and give these worthless owners a lesson in how to treat people and run a business... I WOULDNT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE UNLESS WANT TO ENJOY A NITE OF A RUDE STAFF AND OWNERS WHO OBIVOUSLY DONT KNOW HOW TO RUN A BUSINESS. AND HAVE A YOUNG IMMATURE BARTENDER PRETTY MUCH DISRESPECT A WOMAN AND THEN TRY TO BUY HER DRINKS TO GET HER DRUNK SO SHE WOULD SHUT UP ACCORDING THE HIM THEN STAY AT THE LIGONIER COUNTRY INN....

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ashley S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlintown
Ramada Ligonier
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe
Inn at Mountainview
Inn at Mountainview
#5 of 10 in Greensburg

Been to Ligonier Country Inn? Share your experiences!