“Original”

Ligonier Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Laughlintown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My wife and I have stayed here several times and we are looking forward to doing so again. It is old, quiet and fun - feels like you have gone back in history! Oh, and across the street from the Inn is a great bakery - you'll have to stop in there, too.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Room was fairly clean and cute, but peeling linoleum and generally shabby bathroom could be updated. Locks on doors to inn and road were just simple and light chain...if someone wanted in they could do so without much effort. Draft beer taps weren't working and bartender had no idea how to make a run of the mill martini. Reserving the room took 20 minutes over the phone - gentleman acted like he'd never done it before and I'm pretty sure it was the owner! For $98 on a weeknight I expected more...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Our family was recently guests at a wedding held at the LCI reception hall. What a great space! Large room for the reception with french doors that led out to the pool area where the cocktail reception was help. My husband and I stayed in a room right off the pool which was so convenient. The decor is as most B&B's, Victorian/country (?) which, while not my personal taste, was still extremely comfortable. The room was clean, bathroom updated, great hot water (!). The food from the restaurant was excellent. We had continental breakfast, Sunday buffet (awesome omelets PJ!) & lunch there over the course of the weekend. The owners were attentive and friendly.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 19. It's right off the pool & has a king size bed. Definitely rec. this ro...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Recently returned home from my 3rd time back at Ligonier Country Inn. As with my previous stays, my time there was WONDERFUL. I go to the Inn to get away from the "noise" of life. It is a perfect place to escape and relax. My rooms have always been clean, comfortable, and homey. The included breakfasts vary from day to day and are just what I need to get my day started. The restaurant there in the Inn is excellent. It's wonderful to be able to get cleaned up & refreshed after a day spent by the pool and just walk down the hall for dinner. If you're there on Monday through Wednesday nights the restaurant isn't open, so you will need to take a short trip in to Ligonier to one of the great restaurants there. BUT, I just love being there nights the restaurant is open because it's delish! The staff are all very friendly and the Inn Keepers Maggie & PJ are truly wonderful people and I am so grateful they put so much love and care in to what they do. Thanks for another great stay!

Room Tip: I like to stay on the back side of the main house just to be away from the road. The Shafer House or...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Our family recently stayed at the Ligonier County Inn for a wedding. It was so convenient to have a room at the same location as the reception. A number of family members stayed here and we all really enjoyed it and would come back again if we are in the Ligonier area. We enjoyed the continental breakfast on Saturday, and the expanded breakfast buffet on Sunday. The pool area has a large patio space with many umbrella tables to relax and was very clean. We found the owner, PJ, to be very active around the property, and he was frequently checking in with us to see if we needed anything!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 16. It is one of the rooms that allows children to stay. We liked that it had th...
Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My family and I stayed at the Ligonier Country Inn for a wedding. It was a very unique experience, more than just a B&B. We were very pleased with the accommondations. The staff was very friendly and helpful; always willing to go the extra mile to ensure we had a pleasant stay!! The wedding reception was held at the Inn as well and again the staff did an excellent job. Last but not least Sunday brunch was excellent.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My husband and I love to visit and stay at the Ligonier Inn. The rooms are lovely, food is great, service is helpful and friendly... cannot say enough good things about it. We live nearby so we like to come often on Sundays for their brunch... we highly recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlintown
Ramada Ligonier
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal
Wingate by Wyndham Latrobe
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe
Campbell House Bed and Breakfast

Been to Ligonier Country Inn? Share your experiences!