Mooney's Motel
US$109
Mahoning Inn(Lehighton)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$85
Penn Terrace Motel(Beaver Meadows)
US$61
US$78
US$97
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 October 2012

This is my second review of this motel with my last review from about a year ago. My wife and I stayed at this motel again this year during our annual trip to Lehighton. The rate was the same as last year at $49.50 per night. I did find out that the rate is the same all year long, so this may be a great option for skiers. The TV didn't work that well and needed to be replaced (I forgot to mention to the owner). There is a refrigerator, but no microwave. This year, the towels were pretty worn and really needed to be replaced. Overall, the place is clean and an economical option versus Hampton Inn and Country Suites(both well over $100 a night). The value for the dollar is greater than that at Mahoning Inn, plus Mooney's is much cleaner. We will return again next year when we are in Lehighton.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank AlphaRam
Reviewed 8 July 2012

A little hard to find but worth looking for... Clean and cute with real wood! and a comfy bed. Very accommodating. family run motel

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank shannonmcsurely
Reviewed 4 October 2011

My wife and I stayed at this motel after having such an awful experience at Mahoning Inn last year. The motel is family-run by Mr. Sikorsky, a kindly gentleman that will help anywhere he can. We paid $49 a night, though the price may be higher during ski season. The motel is an older property, with some ornate wallpaper in our room, but maintained well. The wireless internet worked better here for us than at any of the other 5 hotels we stayed on our cross-country vacation. One drawback is that the maid leaves by 11 AM, so if you sleep late, your room will not be serviced. Still, the rooms are cleaned well so a day of missed maid service isn't a problem unless you are a pig. You can park in front of your room and there is no fear of anything happening to your vehicle. We plan to return again next year when we are in Lehighton.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that isn't arallel with Route 248.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple