“Not a good representation of Hilton Hotels”

Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lehighton
Barnegat, New Jersey
“Not a good representation of Hilton Hotels”
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Although close to Blue Mountain the hotel was definitely lacking. The elevator noise was awful! It kept us up every night - so much so that it actually shook the walls in our room. The pillows were uncomfortable - I had even asked for something other than down pillows but that didn't even help. We reserved a king bed with study and instead were given a smaller room. It was cramped to say the least. The breakfast is ok. The hairdryer cut out as soon as it got a bit warm. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
HamptonInnLehighton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area), responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the condition of your guest room. In addition, we would also like to apologize for the other inconveniences as well. We will take your comments under consideration as we work to improve our guest experience and we hope you will come visit us in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Egg Harbor Township, NJ
Reviewed 25 February 2013

First, this hotel is going through renovations which did not affect my opinion of the property. I hope once the renovations are done they can focus on cleanliness going forward. The check-in process was fast and friendly. I reserved 2 rooms and neither had been renovated. One of the closet doors was broken and would not stay closed. There were holes and tears in the loveseat. The heaters were wildly noisy. The bathrooms were in good shape but the rooms were very dated--red carpets, 10+ year old televisions, etc. My biggest issue was with the pool area. The filter didn't run during our 2 night stay. The water was very cloudy and there were many clumps of hair at the bottom, and a thick film on the top. Unfortunately the pool was full the first night so we did not notice how dirty the water was but it did feel 'a bit off' like it was slimy. When we went down the second night and it was empty, we were shocked how dirty it was. We immediately went back to our rooms without swimming. The one bright spot in our stay there was the free breakfast. Although some of the other guests acted like wild animals that had never eaten a warm meal before, and some insisted on repeatedly blowing their noses while others tried to eat, it was not the fault of the hotel. The food was good although the selection was limited. When I checked out I chose to go down to the desk rather than leave the key cards in the rooms. I wanted to let the clerk know what I experienced. Instead, without making eye contact, the clerk asked if I was checking out. I said yes, she grabbed my keys and continued working on her computer. I stood there for a few seconds and walked away. I can only explain my experience at this Hampton Inn as "lacking class and cleanliness". When I returned home someone said, "Well what do you expect, it's in the mountains?" but that doesn't cut it for me. Hampton Inn needs to do a better job at upholding the standards set by their other locations and competitors. I will not be back.

Room Tip: PJ Whelihans is a great place to grab a meal and is less than a mile away. Their drink specials are...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
HamptonInnLehighton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area), responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the inconveniences you experienced while at our property. We will take your comments under consideration as we continuously work to improve our guest experience. Again, we apologize for the issues and we want you to know that we have addressed our staff in regards to your review, and we will make the necessary changes. Thank you for your honest feedback and we hope you will come visit us in the future
New Jersey
Reviewed 24 February 2013

For a one-night stay after a ski trip, this hotel was ok to stay at.
Positive: The front desk is friendly and professional. The reno was not too inconvenient. The room was clean and decent. The bed was comfortable
Negative: The shower water pressure was next to none; it was more like a leak, than a shower. Breakfast was mediocre.
Although out of control of the hotel, there were way too many unsupervised children running around the hotel; they were running up and down the stairways and pushing elevator. Where were the parents???

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
HamptonInnLehighton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area), responded to this review, 25 February 2013
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Again, we apologize for all of the inconveniences and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.
Milton, Delaware
Reviewed 20 February 2013

They had a construction crew working through the night. It was loud and sleep was impossible with the thin walls. The lobby looked like a war zone, and the pool area was too small to accommodate enough chairs for parents sitting and watching their kids. The manager did refund our money b/c of the construction, which was nice. But we were there to ski and I was really tired on the slopes from being kept up all night. I wouldn't go back to this hotel.

Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
HamptonInnLehighton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area), responded to this review, 21 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and again we apologize for the inconveniences our renovations are causing. We hope we can have another chance to show you what our warm Hamptonality is all about here at our hotel once they are completed, we would love another chance at providing a great stay for you in the future
pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I cannot say I have any gripes about this hotel. We recently stayed two nights at this Hampton Inn in Lehighton for a family get away. The hotel is clean and the room was comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was satisfying especially for the kids as they had a waffle maker and my kids love waffles. We did go down to beat any crowd which never seemed to be a problem anyway. The pool area was nice. The kids enjoyed themselves and though the hotel seemed full the pool was never overcroweded. The hotel is located not far from the PA Turnpike which made it easy to find. The hotel is undergoing rennovations in the lobby area but that did not affect our stay. I will definitely stay here again when visiting Lehighton.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so very much for posting a review about your stay with us. We are delighted your children enjoyed the pool and our delicious waffles! We hope to see you again very soon on your next trip to the Poconos!
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed 7 February 2013

I would gladly stay here again. I stayed here for two nights while visiting nearby Blue Mountain. It was clean, well priced and easy to locate with GPS.

We ate the complimentary breakfast each morning, which was standard but well presented and always fresh. Any staff members I spoke to were very cheerful and friendly. Once the light renovations in the lobby area are complete this hotel should be great.

The room and linens were clean and fresh. The one thing I will say is hopefully better quality TVs are on the way as part of the renovation. I only stopped by the gym when looking for one of our group members, but that may need some freshening up as well.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
HamptonInnLehighton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area), responded to this review, 8 February 2013
Thank you so very much for taking the time to post a review from your stay with us. I am happy to hear that even under renovations our staff continues to exceed our guests expectations and maintains the highest level of cleanliness. Our guestrooms will be updated and our lobby and fitness center will be completed very soon. I have passed along your comments to my management and staff. We can't wait for you to come back and see our new hotel.
Jackson, Tennessee
Reviewed 31 January 2013

As an earlier reviewer noted, this is an older Hampton. The lobby is undergoing a complete makeover and that should make it more attractive. Service was friendly and prompt. Rooms were pretty nice and the location was convenient...right off the Penna. Turnpike. As is often the case, the workout room was poor....no television to watch and the machines worked grudgingly. I didn't use the pool, but they had what appeared to be a nice indoor facility. There's an Italian restaurant, Sephore's about a mile and a half away that has great food.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
HamptonInnLehighton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area), responded to this review, 1 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the condition of our fitness facility when you stayed. Our new Jump Start fitness center is almost complete and our television has been upgraded. We can’t wait for you to see what we have done. We will see you again very soon on your next trip to the Poconos!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lehighton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
#2 of 6 in White Haven
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor

Been to Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)? Share your experiences!