“No hot water but good service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)

Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lehighton
Princeton, New Jersey
“No hot water but good service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here one weekend night. The positives were pleasant staff, clean renovated room and free wifi and hot breakfast. I liked the cheese omelet. However, hot water heater was not working and we could not take a shower in the cold winter morning! Lisa at front desk apologized and refunded our hilton points used for stay. If hot water was working, I could give a better review.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
HamptonInnLehighton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area), responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments. I apologize for the major inconvenience you have encountered during your stay. I have praised Lisa for her excellent customer service skills during our emergency situation. I would love to have your family come back and stay with us again. Please give me a call the next time you are planning a trip to the Poconos!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Buena, NJ, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Hotel was excellent as most Hamptons are. Great breakfast and pool area. Excellent service. Would definitely stay here again. Blue Mountain is nearby for great snowtubing/skiing. Excellent value for the price.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for posting your wonderful comments from you stay! We hope to see you again very soon on your next trip back to Blue Mountain!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Managers Danielle and Shawnie saved our tired hearts and bodies when our car became disabled nearby in the middle of the night. They were kind, hospitable, helped us to find local repair shops, use hotel phones, and allowed us to check-out late! We couldn't be more grateful.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your feedback from your recent stay. Shawnie and Danielle wanted me to tell you that you were one of their favorite guests to check in that night. They are so happy to be of service to you. We will see you again the next time you plan a trip to the Poconos!
Dillsburg, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

If you're skiing at Blue Mountain and looking for a close and inexpensive place to stay, look no more. Great staff, comfy beds and the breakfast was way better than expected. Bonus: they let us use their conference room for tuning--even cleaned it for us after we were done!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking time to post such a wonderful review of our hotel. I am so happy we were able to offer you and your team our meeting room space to tune your skis. I am sure we will see you again very soon. We sure have enough snow!
Monaca, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

My wife had a severe nose bleed on Tuesday 2/4/14. Being out of town, we had no idea where any medical facility was. I went to the front desk where two ladies Lori and Danelle were working. I told them of my problem, and right now, they came up with printed directions, and told me verbally how tho get there. We had to stay at the Hospital over 3 hrs. My wife is a stroke survivor, and anything to do with bleeding is urgent news. I thank them and the Hampton staff of Lehighton, Pa for a very good job.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Charles A
Thank you for taking time to share you wonderful comments from your stay. Danielle and I are glad that your wife was ok and we were able to help you out. We look forward to having you come back and stay with us.
oceanport nj, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Friendly staff. Easy access off of PA turnpike. 20 mins to Blue Mountain ski resort. Recently renovated, but kind of blah. I was told the mattresses were new (1 year), but when I checked mine, it was stained and worn so wasnt too happy about that due to a previous bedbug report at the hotel. Jacuzzi was too hot. Pool did not open till 9 a.m. which was a downer. On our last morning we waited till 9 only to find that there were no towels and the pool room had not been restored after the previous night's activities so there were lots of used towels etc-----surprising because I thought that was what they would have used the time before 9 for. We did receive a very good rate.

Room Tip: Front of this hotel is on a main road---request to be in the back.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HamptonInnLehighton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area), responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Thank you for posting your feedback from your stay with us. I apologize for the inconveniences you have encountered during your stay. I want you to know that hotel cleanliness is always top of mind at this property and I have addressed your concerns with my management and staff. I hope the next time you are visiting the Poconos you come back and visit.
Philadelphia, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

I needed a quick overnight stay for my daughter before a ski race nearby. I have an allergy to feathers. I spoke to Lisa by phone at the front desk before we arrived. She personally made sure our room was feather free. In all my years of travel this is the first time this request has been met before our arrival.
Breakfast was simple and nice.
All the staff did as much as possible to make our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience from your stay. I am so pleased Lisa made your stay a memorable one. She has been commended for her attention to detail and follow up during your stay. You know where your home away from home is in the Poconos!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lehighton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,386 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)? Share your experiences!