Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lehighton
“Good Visit”
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Overall our visit was good. I was more impressed with the service and the staff over the accommodations. Breakfast was good, cleaning and front desk staff great. Location was nice to enjoy the fall activities in Jim Thorpe. The room (315) showed signs of neglect, however. The shower lever to switch from bath to shower was jammed and very difficult to use. The remote battery cover was missing (dangerous for people with young ones). The sink faucet fell off in my hands. The building and grounds looked nice and cared for but our room left more to be desired. I think it just needs an hour or less of TLC.

Stayed October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Stayed here on 2 different occasions in the past month. The first time my son and I had room #219 and it was very smelly and musty. It was not a pleasant experience. The people were nice and the breakfast was fine.

On the second stay it was my wife and I. We were sort of stuck for a place to stay so I thought we would give them a second chance. I specifically asked for a different room because of the trouble with our previous stay. They gave us a different room and a different price that was about $30.00 more than the last stay!

Both times that I stayed we checked in late at 8:30PM and left early. Would not stay here again or recommend this place considering the high cost and hit or miss rooms.

Room Tip: Don't take Room 219 and don't complain about any previous troubles before you pay or they up...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Lancaster, Pa
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a weekend while running in the warrior dash at pocono raceway. We were happy with our stay, the room was clean, breakfast was decent- the hot options weren't always the best but there was also fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, cereal and breads. We liked that there was always coffee and tea in the lobby and chocolate chip cookies at the front desk. Upon checkout it got a bit sketchy as we had booked through the warrior dash website and already paid a deposit. They did not have record of the deposit, we showed them our confirmation clearly showing what we had paid and the receptionist took the deposit off of our bill and printed us a new bill. Now we haven't received the credit card statement yet, but so far we were very satisified with their response. Hopefully everything is fine when we receive the bill!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I think I got lucky. When I reserved they only had the handicapped double queen room. It was nice a spacious. The beds were comfortable, the room was clean and the wifi was stable. The staff was friendly- check-in was easy and breakfast was really decent. I wanted to stay another night but all was booked except for their smoking rooms- ugh!

The important thing was that it was a wholesome, clean and affordable stay!

ps, we loved the pool and hot tub. The two running machines in the fitness center were "out od service" but it forced me to use a elliptical machine for the first time!

I don't think I would come back unless I was dedicating to some serious activity. This was a trip with my mom, a friend and her blind mother so we were happy just to be close to the Beltzville lake. Peaceful and low-key fun.
I recommend

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Bohemia, New York, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2013

If there was a horror movie to be written about Country Inn & Suites it would have been filmed in room 211! I reserved a seemingly beautiful Whirl Pool suite for my fiance's birthday weekend. After a long work day and a 3 hour drive to the scenic countryside of Lehighton, PA we arrived at check in at 11:00PM on Friday August 9th. Check in went smoothly and as we obtained our keys we made our way up the stairs to enjoy the rest of our night only to be greeted by HORRORS. The smell of a musty old basement greeted us as we opened the door, I quickly headed to the windows to open them up since clearly this room hasn't been aired out in a while. I was greeted with the movie set of arachnophobia!! Now normally I don't mind a spider or two... but there was at minimum 25 spiders ranging from the size of a pencil eraser to a silver half dollar coin. They were conveniently placed INSIDE the screen ensuring that even cracking that window open would result in a large scale infestation inside the room. Not only were there spiders but it seemed as if an entire eco system had set up shop in the room there were webs on the ceiling and a constant buzzing of flies could be heard. Absolutely horrified at the condition of this room we quickly grabbed our luggage and headed back to the front desk. When confronted with the horribly sub par condition of the room the front desk representative quickly mumbled something along the lines of "I don't even know when the last time that room was cleaned" in which my fiance quickly reacted with "WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU BOOK A ROOM AND NOT CLEAN IT!?" after what seemed like 20 minutes of this young man shaking and mumbling he was able to find a temporary room for us. He also ensured us that we would receive a %10 discount off our stay. We were relocated to a room directly next to the pool which had a very dungenous atmosphere and smelled strongly of chlorine. Despite the smell we surrendered on the fact that at least we wouldn't have to be in fear of being entangled by spiders or inhaling whatever moldy mess had transpired in room 211. The following day we were again relocated, this time to a CLEAN whirlpool suite. The room was satisfactory, it smelled clean and appeared to have no arachnids setting up camp which was pleasing. However, the walls were paper thin and I could hear our neighbors and people in the hall way. The complimentary breakfast was okay, the french toast was dry and chewy... not very appetizing but the coffee was excellent! Saturday and Sunday were uneventful. However, after check out when I checked the charges from this hotel I was astonished to see that the supposed %10 discount (which is hardly substantial for the total disregard for cleanliness the staff has shown) was not even applied to my bill! I paid full price for half of my weekend being disrupted with room changes and possibly being attacked by a hoard of spiders or dying from inhaling some nasty spore of mold in your room. I am so dissatisfied that I will be cutting up my Carlton Club membership and return my loyalties to the Hyatt. The Hyatt always has immaculate rooms and high end service which is clearly lacking here... at least with this specific location.

Room Tip: If you don't mind staying overnight in the movie set of Arachnaphobia definitely check out room...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Carlson Hotels C, online customer support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We do apologize for the spiders , the smell and the over all bad stay that you endured.
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Arrived after previously booking this hotel through a different company. Wanted nonsmoking but was given a smoking room. Staff would not move us to a non smoking room, and was non-apologetic that we could not be accommodated when we left to stay at a different hotel. Very disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
We regret to hear about your disappointment in the room you received. We are sorry that you received a smoking room instead of a non smoking room. We attempt to fulfill each of our guest’s requests to the best of our ability.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We reserved a room with a King bed 4 months prior to our stay, but were given a room with 2 doubles with no notice of the change. When we entered the room we were hit with a terrible musty, moldy smell! It was so overwhelming we had to purchase air fresheners to spray on the AC and kept the AC unit off as much as we could tolerate even though it was blistering outside. The front desk staff said, "Yeah, all the rooms down there get musty." No apology, no offer to change. When contacting the Front Office Manager after our stay she apologized and said it's just the way the hotel is and they can't do anything about it due to a large open ditch under the first floor. She said, "When it rains a lot, all the rooms on the first floor smell that way." SO BEWARE! You may be stuck with the stench. Also we reserved a King size bed, but were stuck in a room with 2 doubles. She said, "It's the same price so it's no big deal." I asked her why I should stay in her hotel again given these circumstances and all she said was, "You can ask for a room on the second floor." Unfortunately you don't get what you ask for in this hotel so that won't work. She offered to take $5 off of one night's stay. That just about covered the cost of the air fresheners we bought. The hotel room was clean and the breakfast was well done, but that's about all I can say for our stay there. Everything in our room felt damp, and the smell was so bad that neither one of us really rested well. Not only was the room a disappointment but so was the management. We visit this area several times a year, but we will not be staying at Country Inn & Suites again anywhere, not just in Lehighton.

Room Tip: If you must stay at this hotel, REQUEST A SECOND FLOOR ROOM! Demand a switch if they change it on y...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank nimuesmoon
Carlson Hotels C, Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel and the issues with your room during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lehighton
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Inn at Jim Thorpe
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain
Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain
#2 of 6 in White Haven

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe? Share your experiences!