“Stuck In Hurricane”

Mahoning Inn
Mahoning Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Lehighton
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I was in Lehighton PA for work and was stuck there because of Hurricane Sandy. I was so impressed with the quality of the rooms the cleanliness of the hotel and the outstanding and kind service of the whole staff. We had no way to leave town except from Allentown and the GM made sure we got where we needed to go without us even having to ask. So if you like great service and good people and a clean quality hotel the Mahoning inn is the perfect place to stay and when I go back that is the only hotel I will stay at. Kannan

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 October 2012

My wife & I stayed here on a recent trip to Jim Thorpe.
First the GOOD POINTS: Very easy to get to. Right on the main road (Rt. 433). next to gas stations & resturants. Easy check in. Decent price, around $70 for a fall festival weekend. Room in back had no traffic noise. A motel that is clearly undergoing refurbishing. Had new flat screen tv, ref., microwave, shower stalls, painting & wallpaper trim, New iron & ironing board. Seemed clean w/ clean sheets. Decent beds,(Apparenty replaceing mattress's. Several placed at dumpster out front) Good shower pressure, Complimentary Breakfast.
Now the BAD: While driving around the back of the motel to park, People in the room below us (& luckly one over) drinking, talking loud, motel room door open & walking on bed.
A car & truck near back parking area with hood and trunk just left open no one around.
Walking up the stairs to room saw cleaner and dirty cleaner pads thrown under steps. Unwashed pots & pans by grill in back. Upon entering the room a slight smell (Luckly disappered after you were in the room awhile). Cigarette burn hole in bed spread (In non smoking room) Spread & sheets looked clean though. Temp. of water in shower fluctuated, Still had some renovations to go. Only 2 tables right in front of check in to eat breakfast. No juice.
Definitely not a five star., but trying to improve.
I guess all in all can't complain for the price & a nights stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2012

My husband and I have been staying at the inn for a number of years since my sister moved back to Palmerton, Pa. The most important aspect for us for a room is it`s cleanliness. The rate for the room is very reasonable; plus they have a microwave and fridge in each room. Some more exspensive hotels charge extra for a fridge. We have stayed in much more exspensive rooms and they were not clean! They never clean behind the furniture The inn is independently owned and well run. Staff go the extra distance to make your stay enjoyable. They serve a light continental breakfast which is sufficient. They have been updating such items such as new windows and they open which is important to us. It`s nice to see an independent facility doing so well! Outside is also well cared for. It`s nice to be recognized when you return each year.

Room Tip: Go online and view the rooms especially their location. My husband has his favourite rooms he likes...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 2swimmers
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I have been coming to Mohoning Inn for 8 years. I have observed management, the front desk clerks, and housekeeping, and find them to always be faithful and conciderate in regards to those who stay there. The rooms are clean, plea sent and comfortable. Compared to a five star hotel, I would say that Mohoning Inn is at the top of the list. Let's not forget to mention the view. Just breathtaking. I can't say enough about this place. I love it. Thanks to Bill and the staff for making my stay so welcomed. God bless you. James J. 7/24/2012.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Francisca J
Reviewed 21 July 2012

the mahoning inn is set off of 443 but is very quite and peaceful. the staff was more then heplful. Not only was the room spotless but so was the parkinglot. There are restuartants in walking distance. But we had a fridge and microwave in our room I was really surprised at that for the rate we paid. The shower pressure was good and the shower stayed hot. They serve a breakfast very nice and just right to grab and go. We will be going back to the Mahoning inn when we need to stay in lehighton.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2012

For the price this motel is great. Rooms are clean, staff is nice. Close proximity to all. Mountain view.....put it this way you see the mountain. But we would do again if we were here for one night.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank rmilagros
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Hi. My name is James. I am a business man who travels quite often. I've stayed at numerous motel and none of which add up to the excellent service i receive at Mahoning Inn. It has great service, the rooms were very clean, and the bed was very comfortable. And the staff go out of their way to serve you. I especially enjoyed the great view of the mountains. Only 5 miles from the blue mountain down hill exhilaration. It is also very close to many shopping centers. I have been staying here for about 7 years for weeks at a time, and i highly recommend this motel to anyone traveling to this area. This motel also offers great discounts for the ski resort.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Francisca J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lehighton
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
#6 of 6 in White Haven
Country Place Inn & Suites
Country Place Inn & Suites
#3 of 6 in White Haven

Been to Mahoning Inn? Share your experiences!