“A wonderful feel at home motel.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mahoning Inn

Mahoning Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Lehighton
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“A wonderful feel at home motel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

I recently spent a great week here. Everyone was very helpful from getting me a shower chair & extra towels, to cleaning up my room every day, providing me with fresh towels and emptying the trash, and other things needed. I had a refrigerator & microwave, tv and internet connection free. Parking was just outside my room. All this and the price was right. I could go on and on. I can't forget to mention how close it is to major attractions in the poconos. With great restaurants, fast food, and just about everything you need at your fingertips. Try it you will like it. I forgot to mention they have remodeled making it even better. Hope you all have a great vacation.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back give you an excellent mountain view.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank 784Ruth784

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Boonsboro, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

Now this is what you expect a Mom & Pop hotel should be like. Nothing too fancy and typical serviceable towels and soaps. Very friendly owner and willing for us to inspect the rooms, even though we had reservations. Bathrooms were remodeled and the mattresses were practically brand new. Very clean and obviously scrupulously maintained. In all very impressed. Additionally the motel is centrally located, close to many shopping and eating locations and just a short drive to Jim Thorpe. They even let us leave a day early, although we had reserved for 2 nights because we had made the mistake of planing to visit the sites in Jim Thorpe before Memorial Day and arriving during a week day. Most of the fun stuff is only open during the weekend before the summer season starts. No fault of the motel and shows just how accommodating they were. Definitely would recommend.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back of the hotel face a mountain and it is very relaxing to sit outside with a col...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

Normally I don't book hotels where I can't make my reservation over the internet, but with an upcoming trip to Jim Thorpe looming to catch a concert at the Mauch Chunk Opera House, I made an exception. Smart move on my part. While it may require actually calling the hotel to reserve, the money you'll save over many of the other choices in the area is well worth it. Our room was small, but comfortably appointed with 2 beds, a closet area with space for luggage (including ski gear if that's your reason to be in the area) and a seating area with a table and 2 chairs which was perfect for setting up our laptops to use the free Wifi. There was also a nice flat-screen TV in the room which we didn't have time to watch since it was only a single night stay. The bathroom was small, but was very clean and had everything you might need. There was also a fridge and a microwave which would have been great for longer stays as well. Even if we don't need to keep food its so nice to be able to have a cold beverage in the room.

The staff was all very friendly, from the Owner Bill, down to the front desk girl who's name I've forgotten (sorry!) and everyone else we encountered. We didn't take advantage of the free breakfast that was offered, choosing instead to sleep in since we'd stayed pretty late at a pub in Jim Thorpe chatting with other fans of the band we went to see. Coffee appeared to be available most of the day, we were offered a cup when we checked in. The breakfast looked a bit basic - cereal, baked goods, toasted things, juice etc but for all the money you're saving you can go somewhere else if you want a hot breakfast.

When we considered the price and how nice a stay we had, we ended up booking a room for March 2014. Yes, that's right, we booked our room for March 2014 (another Tartan Terror's Concert in Jim Thorpe) in March 2013.

If your plan is to ski, or take part in other local activities or visit Jim Thorpe and you need a clean, comfortable, inexpensive place to sleep - this is the place.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 17. There are photos on the website, the room looks pretty much like the photo exc...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

15 miles away from blue mountain ski resort, my friend and I was satisfied with the cleanliness of the room and how nice the staff are. Affordable price for a two queen size bed for a room which include a continental breakfast. Close to restaurants, gas stations, and markets such as walmart and aldi. I only gave it four ratings because basic amenities are missing in the bathroom such as shampoo and toothpaste. Bath and hand soap included was good for one person only. Other than that, we like our stay there and the view outside our room is nice.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the mountain are nice. Bring your own drinking water since there was none in the room.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Westmont, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

Stayed here one night to be close to Blue Mountain ski area anticipating a big winter storm and snowfall. Wanted to avoid driving from South Jersey in morning Philadelphia rush hour traffic, especially if it snowed overnight.
Found the Mahoning Inn on Google maps, checked it out on Tripadvisor and saw the overwhelmingly excellent reviews. Called to book immediately and was not disappointed. Mr. Singh (owner & manager) took my reservation personally. A very nice man. As I was arriving late, they offered to turn up the room heat so I would be comfortable when I arrived (and they did just that).
My experience mirrors all the positive past reviews. Comfort, cleanliness, attention to little things, everything was just right. Keep in mind that this is a small, family owned motel and very reasonalbe. The continental breakfast is basic but all I needed to get going, and there are several local restaurants in the immediate area, one right next door. I was very please with my brief stay and will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2012

I stayed with this hotel for a couple weeks while working in the area after hurricane Sandy. I have been traveling for work for years and Bill is by far the fairest and most considerate Manager I have done business with. The rooms are large and clean with a fridge and microwave provided. Our room's also had a new flat panel TV's, mattress and A/c / heating units. English muffins, bagels, fruit and all the other essentials were provided for breakfast. The cleaning staff is very accommodating and the rooms were kept very clean. Location is great with restaurants, gas stations and the PA turnpike right around the corner. Overall the crew and I both enjoyed our time with the Mahoning Inn and if we are ever in the area we will not hesitate to stop in, say hello and get a room for the night.

Room Tip: The back rooms have beautiful view and no traffic noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Lehighton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2012

My mom, dad, and I liked the room we had. It was neat, clean, and orderly and at a decent price. The workers were friendly. We would go there again. We were there because our home lost power for a few days and they did not which was great because it is only six minutes away.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lehighton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Inn at Jim Thorpe
No photo provided
Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain
Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain
#2 of 6 in White Haven

Been to Mahoning Inn? Share your experiences!