“NOT TO BE UNDERESTIMATED”
Review of Mahoning Inn

Mahoning Inn
Mahoning Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Lehighton
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“NOT TO BE UNDERESTIMATED”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

The Mahoning Inn has an extremely courteous staff, very clean rooms and property. Bill had everything ready for my arrival and continued with the attention to detail throughout my stay which lasted several weeks on business. I am a frequent business traveler and typically stay at the large chain hotels. These were also available in the same town but I am extremely happy I chose the Mahoning Inn and experienced nothing but excellence from the time I checked in until my last day checking out. I will stay here every time I am in the area.

Thanks for having such great accommodations, staff and making my travel experience pleasurable.

Chris

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank chriscostner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Coaldale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Rich & I, Stayed in several rooms at the Inn several times. Bill the Manager is helpful and Kind the way a Manager should be. Bill has and Outstanding staff as well the rooms are very clean and Modern. They have new TV's Free WIFI HBO and A Nice Continental Breakfast in the Morning. My Boyfriend and I would Recommend staying at the Mahoning Inn to Anyone!!! Take our word for it and Come stay at The Mahoning Inn in Lehighton, PA !!!

Room Tip: All the Rooms are Spacious Trust us we stayed in a lot of them!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rchard K
Danville, IL
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The inn is not quite retro but it certainly has not changed a great deal since it was built. That said, we were comfortable and pleasantly surprised by our stay.. The room was very clean. Much cleaner than most any chain closer to the tollway. The bed was new, the tv was new, and a big leather recliner was new. We found the motel quiet but just off of a fairly busy road. The desk staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. A good restaurant is a couple of doors down the street. This place will help you remember to give a "mom and pop" motel a second look as you travel.

Room Tip: Rooms on side of the motel will be quieter. Plenty of room to park a boat or trailer. Skip the "...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank JimHoopeston
Cherry Hill
Reviewed 12 July 2013

This is a 1960's style motel that doesn't compare to the newer, moderately priced chains. I stayed here on a Friday night with my two sons since we were going fishing in the area the next morning. In attempting to enter the room, the door was difficult to open since it was binding with the door jamb, probably due to summer expansion.. The room was clean, and the bedding appeared to to fairly new and was comfortable, and the TV was a nice sized flat screen. We did get a good night's sleep The bathroom fixtures were straight from the 1960's and no matter how hard you scrub the shower tile, the grout always shows some signs of mold. The water pressure in the shower was good but the towels were thin and no shampoo was provided.. The furniture in the room was also fairly vintage. My wife would not have stayed here with me, but the boys and I obviously.did. Breakfast was juice, coffee, toast, cereals, and some boxed donuts served in the room where we had checked in. No comparison to the nice, bright sitting areas in most of the chains, that also have more food choices. There are a number of road signs in the area advertising this motel with prices of $40+. I can tell you we paid over twice that, and therefore the next time I'm in the area I would pay a little more and stay at the Hampton or comparable.

Room Tip: We were in room #21. It was in the rear of the motel away from the traffic out front on the highway...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Anvil2
Reviewed 25 June 2013

What a nice place to stay. So relieved to find a place to return to everytime we visit upstate pa. Clean, quiet, comfortable, friendly and affordable! The staff went above and beyond the norm to make us feel welcome! Thank you!!

• Stayed June 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I recently spent a great week here. Everyone was very helpful from getting me a shower chair & extra towels, to cleaning up my room every day, providing me with fresh towels and emptying the trash, and other things needed. I had a refrigerator & microwave, tv and internet connection free. Parking was just outside my room. All this and the price was right. I could go on and on. I can't forget to mention how close it is to major attractions in the poconos. With great restaurants, fast food, and just about everything you need at your fingertips. Try it you will like it. I forgot to mention they have remodeled making it even better. Hope you all have a great vacation.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back give you an excellent mountain view.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank 784Ruth784
Boonsboro, Maryland
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Now this is what you expect a Mom & Pop hotel should be like. Nothing too fancy and typical serviceable towels and soaps. Very friendly owner and willing for us to inspect the rooms, even though we had reservations. Bathrooms were remodeled and the mattresses were practically brand new. Very clean and obviously scrupulously maintained. In all very impressed. Additionally the motel is centrally located, close to many shopping and eating locations and just a short drive to Jim Thorpe. They even let us leave a day early, although we had reserved for 2 nights because we had made the mistake of planing to visit the sites in Jim Thorpe before Memorial Day and arriving during a week day. Most of the fun stuff is only open during the weekend before the summer season starts. No fault of the motel and shows just how accommodating they were. Definitely would recommend.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back of the hotel face a mountain and it is very relaxing to sit outside with a col...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lehighton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Inn at Jim Thorpe
Country Place Inn & Suites
Country Place Inn & Suites
#3 of 6 in White Haven
Candlewood Suites Hazleton

Been to Mahoning Inn? Share your experiences!