“A place to sleep”

Mahoning Inn
Mahoning Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Lehighton
Reviewed 11 August 2014

When looking for a place to stay, the Mahoning Inn was our only option. It was very last minute and we took the last room. That said, the room was overpriced but priced accordingly given the situation. It doesn't look like much from the outside but it has everything you need. We had a King bed that was very comfortable. It was probably the best night's sleep I've had in a long time. It was a little dated but clean. Continental breakfast is absolutely terrible -- everything is stale (bagels, donuts, muffins) and the coffee is bad. They didn't even have regular creamer -- it was powder. If you're looking for a clean place to stay that is just outside of Jim Thorpe, Mahoning Inn has what you need. There are so many restaurants to go to and other things to do that it's worth the trip. If you can plan in advance, stay at a B&B.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amy P

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This motel is not far at all from Jim Thorpe if you have a car. The rooms were clean, and we got a good rate. The continental breakfast was underwhelming, but there's a basic diner next door and overall I was happy with our stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank mram28
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Rooms are adequate if your just staying a couple days. Continental breakfast is breakfast is terrible. Horrible coffee and stale bagels, muffins..good thing there are plenty of restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank barb101356
Reviewed 4 March 2014

we spent twice recently and,The rooms are very clean and the management is very responsive.the views are amazing being in lehigh valley. if you stay in rear you wake to a stream and a beautiful mountain.defiantly worth a try!! Ron and Jill recomend

Room Tip: any room in rear
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ronald r
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I stayed at this property while working in the Lehighton area. My first stay was cut short due to weather problems with the project I was working. Since I was returning soon Bill, the manager held the unused portion of my original stay and applied it to my next. Extra accounting on his part but he did it anyway. Top notch guy there. As others have said, the rooms are very clean. My only bad note is that the freshener they use is very strong. I have sinus issues and that was a little rough. For the friendly staff and clean rooms, not to mention excellent rates, it cant be beat. I also found it to be very quiet but that may have been because I was there in the off season.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Steve A
Reviewed 6 December 2013

The Mahoning Inn has an extremely courteous staff, very clean rooms and property. Bill had everything ready for my arrival and continued with the attention to detail throughout my stay which lasted several weeks on business. I am a frequent business traveler and typically stay at the large chain hotels. These were also available in the same town but I am extremely happy I chose the Mahoning Inn and experienced nothing but excellence from the time I checked in until my last day checking out. I will stay here every time I am in the area.

Thanks for having such great accommodations, staff and making my travel experience pleasurable.

Chris

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank chriscostner
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Rich & I, Stayed in several rooms at the Inn several times. Bill the Manager is helpful and Kind the way a Manager should be. Bill has and Outstanding staff as well the rooms are very clean and Modern. They have new TV's Free WIFI HBO and A Nice Continental Breakfast in the Morning. My Boyfriend and I would Recommend staying at the Mahoning Inn to Anyone!!! Take our word for it and Come stay at The Mahoning Inn in Lehighton, PA !!!

Room Tip: All the Rooms are Spacious Trust us we stayed in a lot of them!!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rchard K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lehighton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Inn at Jim Thorpe
#6 of 6 in White Haven
Country Place Inn & Suites
Country Place Inn & Suites
#3 of 6 in White Haven

Been to Mahoning Inn? Share your experiences!