“What a nice place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Lehighton
LEHIGHTON, PA
“What a nice place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2010

The staff is friendly and professional, continental breakfast, well cared for older independent motel---the room was decorated and updated nicely and it is a bargain on the weekend vs the other two big chains........had a suite and it was roomy and welcoming. Im a seasoned traveler and found flaws with every place I stayed---but if you want to feel like family----check this out.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Middletown, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2009

This is a independently owned non chain motel in a working class town. No frills. I had a king room that opened to the front of the property and was far enough away from the road that I did not hear the traffic on Rte 443. The room had a king size bed which was fairly comfortable, TV, fridge, microwave, iron and ironing board, table with 2 chairs. It did not have a coffee pot but they serve coffee in the lobby. I did bring my own instant coffee and a electric kettle but I could have used the microwave. There is a stall shower only and bring your own shampoo. There is a hairdryer in the bathroom. The room was fairly clean but dark. I could see space around the door and at the bottom which did not make me feel too secure being a woman alone. In the morning it was very noisy, you can hear people talking, dogs barking and lots of running water. This place could use serious updating and next time I will spend a little more and stay at a more modern place.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank catwoman27
central pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2009

We operate a summer camp and for the last 7 years have been staying at the Mahoning Inn twice each summer. The rooms are very clean... very clean... and the staff could not attend to our needs any better. We have 15 to 20 rooms filled with young teens and counselors. Bill and his wife have worked with us and I can honestly say I could not be more pleased. Clean, less expensive, great staff, convenient... what more could any one want.

• Liked — the staff
  • Disliked — nothing comes to mind
  • Stayed July 2008
Troy, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2008

The staff was uniformly pleasant and helpful. All kinds of amenities for the price - coffee, fridge, etc. The room itself wasn't a mansion but very nice for the price. The location was close to Jim Thorpe for tourism. The price was great compared to local motels. The bottom line is the place is about value - it excels in being good at a great price. I will definitely stay there again

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — bathroom window molding
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
Bedford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2007

The stay was very affordable compaired to the other two hotels in the area. It is also close to Jim Thorpe for sight-seeing. Not to mention, within walking distance to two convienient stores, and resturants. Even KARAOKE at the Italian resturant "Sapore" down the street! Averall, we were pleased!

Stayed December 2007
2 Thank Kara0keSinger
Spring City, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2007

My husband and I visited the area for a 4 night/5 day extended weekend, primarily, to visit the Eagles training camp at Lehigh University, and secondly, to do some low-key exploring around and about Jim Thorpe/Bear Mountain (from Phoenixville area). It turned out to be a great central location for going just about everywhere! Although it was a Nascar weekend, we reserved the room 2 weeks in advance and received a great rate; half what we would have paid had we booked at the Comfort Inn down the street!! After reading previous posts, I am a little perplexed over what anyone could have found so sinister about this little roadside motel. The manager was there to meet and greet us at check-in, and was both professional and pleasant. He made it a point to catch up with us after we were settled in to make sure everything was acceptable with the room. My first forray into the "real working world" was in hotel housekeeping when I was 19 and I have since developed over-critical (almost comical) room inspection habits that never fail to make my husband laugh (at me, with me?), watching me peak under beds and behind shower curtains, into bathroom ceiling vents (don't ask), and under blankets, leaving no sheet or pillow unturned, looking for signs of previous life. I know what to expect from a motel room (and what not to expect), but I was really happy with how incredibly clean and updated our room was. We enjoyed our stay and would most definitely visit again!

• Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank eagleeye
PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2007

Bugs in the room, stains on the sheets. Staying at this "hotel" was an disgusting experience I'd prefer not to think about. Spend the extra money and take the Hampton or Comfort Inn near the turnpike, you won't wake up with bug bites-I'm serious!

• Liked — Getting the hell out of there!
  • Disliked — Bugs in the rooms
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
4 Thank rjmann
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lehighton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Inn at Jim Thorpe
#3 of 6 in White Haven
Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain
Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain
#2 of 6 in White Haven

Been to Mahoning Inn? Share your experiences!