“Hi end for area; service a little stuffy”
Review of The Log Cabin

The Log Cabin
Reserve with OpenTable
The Log Cabin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 26 Restaurants in Leola
Price range: US$20 - US$45
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Log Cabin is an upscale restaurant specializing in local farm to table cuisine, historic rustic décor and exquisite service. The Cabin is perfect for a special occasion with a significant other, casual dinner with friends, family gatherings, business meetings and receptions. Surrounded by 6 acres of the Lehoy Forest in the beautiful Lancaster County countryside, the Cabin is a local classic with new age warmth and flare.
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This is a fine dining establishment in a historical building. What sets the Log Cabin apart is it's location - the larger area surrounding Lancaster is mostly chain restaurants along the highways or small casual mom and pops (good luck finding them). This place is off the beaten trail but easy to find with good directions. Dress code seemed upscale, most men had jackets on. The host staff and coat check were very nice. The menu was interesting - I'd call it upscale American cuisine. Not all the dishes worked but all we ordered was worth a try. Portion size was appropriate and the prices were on the higher end for the area, but in line with a restaurant of this caliber in any large city. There are multiple rooms and the tables are spaced comfortably apart allowing easy conversation. My only critique is that the table service was professional, efficient but a bit stuffy, and I would have said the same thing if this restaurant had been located in NY or Chicago or Paris. That said I would return, I find the slight attitude sort of funny considering it's Lancaster, PA. We didn't have alcohol, but with a three course dinner it averaged maybe $50 to 60 a person plus tax and tip. They ask for no cell phones in the restaurant and I didn't see any out or in use the entire time I was there. The downside was I forgot to take photos of our special gathering.

2  Thank burbankgirl

Reviewed 26 March 2014

One of the best meals I have had anywhere. The service was incredible...the carpaccio was outstanding and the halibut was prepared to perfection. Although I live thousands of miles away....I will be back.
Thanks for an incredible experience

3  Thank DaveCollignon
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Perfect at any time of year. The food is always spectacular, delicious, and locally-sourced.
The best of the best in Lancaster County!

1  Thank Genine A
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We recently had dinner for the first time in many years at the Log Cabin. My impression was mixed. The food was wonderful. Our steaks were fantastic.... tender with excellent flavor. On the negative side, we started with a glass of house wine in the bar which was almost undrinkable. At dinner, a different wine selection proved better. After dinner, dessert was delicious however my coffee was only lukewarm.
Our dining neighbors at the next table were dressed in sweatshirts and jeans and played on their phones the entire meal despite the "No cellular phones" signs posted at the front. None of the staff approached them about their conduct.
My impression was that this restaurant is trying to become a premier establishment however falls short of the mark in service, presentation and ambience.
The hostesses and bar staff need to dress both more professionally and appropriately and all staff could definitely use some training in service. The hallmark of superb fine dining is not only the food but the experience as well.

6  Thank Megan S
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Went on saturday night of Valentines weekend. Had reservations for 6:30 and were promptly seated. Service was outstanding. I had the steak and wife had the crabcakes , which she said were all crab meat. From the shrimp to the salads to the main course everything was fresh and tasted great. The waitress kept the water glasses full and brought out more dinner rolls which were some of the best I have ever eaten. Very quiet atmosphere and the place was full. Very neat place located in the woods, with many dinning rooms. I will say it is not the cheapest place, but for a special occasions it is worth every cent. Would go again.

1  Thank countryboypa