“Not worth the money!!”

The Inn at Leola Village
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Leola
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We decided to stay here before going to the Strasburg RR to ride Thomas the train on the way home from the beach, and what a mistake! I chose it because it looked clean and very pretty from the pictures online. I got a good deal and ended up being about the same price as a regular hotel. We felt like we were in a very unhappy place. None of the guests or staff seemed happy or smiled upon our arrival. The only happy experience was our checkout and the pleasant waitress at breakfast. Breakfast was free and good. Our room was outdated and had a weird embroidered pillow on the bed especially since our toddler was with us ( tonight/ not tonight). The bathroom shower had some mold growing on the ceiling and in the grout! We were on the top floor of the original guesthouse, and a door in our room opened to the attic, where a creepy painted name "Bill" was painted on the wall. Needless to say, we locked the door entering our bedroom all night! Would never stay here again!

Room Tip: Don't waste your money!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Bluehydrangeas

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

This is my fourth time in Lancaster but my first time staying at Leola. This inn is the only place I intend to stay from here on. The rooms are lovely and relaxing and very clean. The entire property exudes relaxation with a beautiful pool and spa. The front desk staff was wonderful and helpful but the restaurant had a staff member who told us we needed a reservation for the casual restaurant, but when we gave him one, apparently, he never wrote it down. When we got to the restaurant with our elderly moms,he met us and said the next table was ours, however, the other waiter gave it to another family and indicated we didn't have a reservation. We already waited over an half hour when we requested to eat at the bar because we were hungry. The waiter who messed the whole thing up ignored us and thankfully the other waiter turned out to be very apologetic and got our orders. It then took 45 minutes for our food to come The group that got the table we thought we had in the dining room came and told us their food didn't come out for over an hour. Since the rest if the inn is superior in every way, I'm going to assume this dining experience is not typical and the restaurant staff was experiencing difficulties that evening. I chose to include it in this review so whatever the reason, the management is able to rectify whatever occurred.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank OnTheGoToTheShow
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent three nights at the inn and had a wonderful time! Our room had a little kitchen and sitting room which was a pleasant surprise. It was made up nicely each afternoon when we were out taking in the local sights. Special thanks to the cleaning staff and the gardeners!

Breakfasts were delicious, but we would have liked more variation in the items put out for the guests. By the third day, we were ready for something different than egg frittata. My husband would have liked some bacon or sausage links.

My spa experience was perfect!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank bookwormva
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My wife and I found this place a few years ago and after this last visit it is now our favorite place. I can see why Forbes Travel gave The Inn at Leola the coveted 4 star rating. First let me start at the reservation process. I have never been asked when making reservations at a hotel if I was celebrating something special. I told Lidia over the phone that I was bringing my wife in for our anniversary since she asked. I didn't think about it until Ann and Kelly checked us in and took us to our gorgeous suite where there was chilled champagne waiting for us. Nice touch.. My wife absolutely loved it. The room was as beautiful and comfortable as always. Breakfast is now served in the casual restaurant which was by the way fantastic. Every single staff member we came in contact with was so sweet and helpful. Thank you to The Inn at Leola for giving us one of our most memorable anniversary celebrations ever!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Patrick K
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stumbled upon the Inn at Leola on our travels in Lancaster. It is tough to see the entire property from the street but, once you pull into the compound it looks a bit like a little village. The room was huge. The breakfast was delicious. The restaurant was excellent. There is a game room and fitness area. The property has a spa but, we didn't get a chance to use it since we were passing through for the night. The best part is that the Inn is close to everything but, far enough away to be a really peaceful place.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room back from the road in the main building which was great since breakfast and the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jppelle1
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My sister wanted to go here for her sixty-fifth birthday and I am so glad we did! We had a raspberry scrub and a hot stone massage for almost two hours! Missy was wonderful. I have some hip issues (need a total hip replacement) but I'm putting it off until I'm retired and she didn't say a word when I kept changing my position.
We ate afterwards at the restaurant. The bartender/server, Etan, explained there was a wedding and placed us where we would be comfortable. We ordered a bottle of wine and two small plates. Wrong name, they were huge! Etan was marvelous! He was charming and extremely knowledgeable! All in all, a lovely afternoon and a great place for a small celebration! Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Phyllis K
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Found this hotel on travel zoo, and after reading the great reviews decided to book it. My husband and I stayed in the room near the pool (upstairs), sorry don't remember name of room, but it was amazing!!! Huge room, nicely decorated, whirlpool, huge bathroom, French doors that open to pool courtyard , and much more....breakfast was included, and it was delicious. ......highly recommend for a quiet getaway or girls getaway!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leola
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
#1 of 40 in Lancaster
Cork Factory Hotel
Cork Factory Hotel
#18 of 40 in Lancaster

Been to The Inn at Leola Village? Share your experiences!