“Farm Chic”

The Inn at Leola Village
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Leola
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I have to hand it to my husband for finding this gem on his own. This place is in the middle of Lancaster in a residential area. Once a Tobacco farm, it is now an Inn with a nice restaurant attached, shops, and an Oyster Bar? We didn't try that place, but might have to make a return trip. Our room was actually a converted Tobacco Barn with two levels. The loft space where they used to dry the stuff was now a Sunken Tub Jacuzzi bath and rain shower area. It was a little noisy when our neighbors came in, but comfortable bed and amazing space. It was a wonderful surprise.

Room Tip: Barns can be noisy- wind, neighbors.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stayed for just one night, but enjoyed it greatly. We checked in early in order to make a show and the staff was wonderful. The girl at the front desk even went to the room to make sure it was ready and then escorted us there. She pointed out the various ammenities and then made sure we were settled in. The room was clean and very nice. A little too dark but it was very nice. The room had a refrigerator, microwave and keurig coffee maker. My only fault was the lack of a reliable wi-fi and television channel variety, but most people don't go on vacation to watch tv. The hotel was quiet, but the hallway noise can be heard inside. No big deal. The European breakfast served the next morning was not to our liking, so we ate elsewhere. I will definitely stay here again. Maybe next time I can check out the spa services

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I'm originally from the Lancaster area, and after moving we have attended three weddings at the Inn over the past five years. It is always nice to come home and experience the Lancaster charm this place has to offer.
We seemed to have booked the last room available, and couldn't get into the room we had last time over the lobby area. We had a room in the Leahman House, which wasn't our favorite. The bathroom is extremely tight, and ceilings are very low. If you are tall, good luck! Overall, it was very quiet, and worked for what we needed for a good nights sleep. I do think it is overpriced, but there truly isn't anything else like it in the area. I'd definitely recommend booking a room by the pool, or over the lobby in the main building for future stays.
The food here is always fantastic. I've eaten at the main restaurant in the past, and the reception dining throughout my stays, and it's always a treat.
It's a great little gem just outside the city, weddings have always been great, rooms are spotless and include a kitchenette. The small bar outside the restaurant is always a nice spot to end the night, staff was great dealing with a large wedding party!
If you are looking for a quiet little getaway, this is the spot.

Room Tip: Rooms by the pool or over the lobby are better than in the Leahman House.
1  Thank cruisinkim
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed at the Inn at Leola Village July 17 - 19 th. I have to say it was really wonderful. I am an eclectic traveler and enjoy bare bones and luxurious places. This place was a nice balance. It's just off a highway, so has easy access to the area. However, most of the rooms are tucked back and have a wonderful quiet feel. Check in was quick and simple. The front desk clerk showed us our room and gave us a quick tour of the buildings. We stayed in 507 next to the pool. The room was perfect. Beautiful decor and amazing soaking tub. Unfortunately there was a problem with another room and as a result our room developed a leak in the ceiling. The room manager Aaron arrived immediately, helped us pack, and upgraded us to the bridal suite. This room was even better! I know "screws fall out all the time, the worlds an imperfect place." We have had all manor of mishaps over the years. It's how the hotel responds that makes all the difference. The management was immediate in their assistance, very responsive to our needs and very apologetic. The second night in the bridal suite was free, as was a wonderful dinner at their restaurant. I was very happy with the hotel in general and in particular with their great response to an unforeseen problem. One small note, I am always always cold. (I don't use AC even in Thailand) In the summer months the heat is turned off in the rooms, so I could not get the temp over 76 degrees. Which, is actually too cold for me! So, if you have bizarre temperature needs as I do, you may want to consider this. Otherwise a perfect option for a beautiful hotel in lancaster.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a Saturday night in July, on the recommendation of a friend. We had a Parlor suite with 2 queen beds in one room and another room with a desk/chair, 2 arm chairs and an area with fridge/microwave/keurig machine. The decor was beautiful, the cookies and woopie were a nice touch. The grounds were beautiful, there is a nice garden to walk through, pool area was also a nice retreat (they have a putting green by the pool too).
Breakfast was included and there were plenty of choices (eggs, bagels, fruit, yogurt parfait, yummy home made sticky buns etc). Will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kamommy
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We were in one of the Amos King rooms and it was absolutely gorgeous. The exposed rafters, "barn" touches around the room were elegant and gorgeous. There was also a sunken tub (though the shower in the sunken tub was hard to get out of and sprayed water everywhere, and the full length mirror while showering was ... interesting as well), a pillow menu of pillows to choose from, nightly desserts delivered to the room of whoopie pie, and a beautiful (and relaxing) pool. Employees were great, attentive, and helpful, too! Pool towels were also available, which is always nice.

The room also included breakfast buffet, which wasn't very impressive, honestly. It seemed like a lot of Costco-brand pastries, and the egg casseroles were okay - not quite what I'd expect from an inn of this quality. Still, it did come with the room.

Room Tip: There are a lot of weddings on the weekends, so book early. Avoid Osteria Avanti, their "casua...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Karen C
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I've actually been to this property twice now - once attending a wedding, and once for a girls weekend - and both times really enjoyed the atmosphere. I wasn't involved in the process of making the reservations, so I can't speak to that, but I can say the accommodations were very nice. The room had a little sitting area separated from the bed area by the bathroom/ vanity. I actually really liked that layout. The property itself is pretty - and is a favorite for weddings. I attended one here a few years ago, but on this last visit there were 2 going on the same day. The restaurant on the property is also fantastic as is the staff. Very knowledgeable and accommodating for those with special requests. I would definitely recommend staying here if you're looking for a cozy but upscale getaway with some great food and scenery!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leola
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
#16 of 40 in Lancaster
Fulton Steamboat Inn
Fulton Steamboat Inn
#1 of 40 in Lancaster

Been to The Inn at Leola Village? Share your experiences!