“Some like it Hot, some maybe not, either way Great Wings!”

Joe's Famous Wings & Weiners
Ranked #18 of 26 Restaurants in Leola
Cuisines: Barbecue
Racine, Wisconsin
“Some like it Hot, some maybe not, either way Great Wings!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I’m a bit confused about the reviews, many were very good but a couple were very bad, from my experience; the wings at Joes are great! (I’ve eaten there three times so far on my ten day visit to the area) I’ve had a lot of wings in other places and I found Joe’s wings not the meatiest I’ve had but certainly not the leanest either. I’ve had both the boneless and conventional wings at Joe’s and loved them both. I do like spicy so I had five of the Zombie Wings (their hottest) I’ve had hotter, however, often “HOT” wings have heat without flavor the Zombie sauce does a great job of blending heat and flavor. Not counting the Zombie wings (there in a class by themselves), my favorites so far in order are #1 the Garlic Parmesan, 2 Teriyaki, 3 Pepper Parmesan, 4 Caribbean Jerk. The onion rings were also very good - thick and juicy. For most wings 20 cents will get you extra wet sauce, I think for a couple of the flavors it was 50 cents, not needed but I would recommend it if you like ‘em sloppy wet like me. Service and staff were always friendly and helpful. If you’re there when it’s busy you might not get a table it is a small place, I did takeout and on one of my visits moved around a lot trying to keep out of the way of others coming and going, but the wait wasn’t long for as busy as they were not more than 10 minutes. I don’t remember the hours but there seems to be some confusion as to when there open, to set the record straight; they’re open Wednesday through Monday (Closed on Tuesdays). I expect to be back this trip, suggest you try Joe’s to if you haven’t yet.

• Visited August 2014

Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
“Good casual food”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This place is very casual and unassuming-counter service, with a few tables.
We stopped in the middle of the day (around 2:30) on our way home from vacation, and we were the only ones in there.
My husband had the buffalo chicken sandwich, and it was delicious!
I had a hot dog with chili and onions. Good, not great, but for a $1.50 hot dog, can't complain!
We shared fries, which were good as well.
Staff was friendly and helpful.
We didn't try the wings (they seemed a bit on the pricey side), so can't speak for those.

Only complaint is that they don't have high chairs (that I saw, we didn't ask though), and we had our toddler with us, but it's not exactly a kid's place. Since we were the only ones there it was great, but when it's crowded, I'd guess it has more of a sports bar feel.

Definitely worth a stop- and if you're a mom, be sure to stop at Pitter Patter consignment next door too- great place!

• Visited July 2014
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Great Food/ Casual Atmosphere”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

If you are looking for a place to sit at the bar and have a beer and wings, or if you are looking for a casual place to sit at a table for dinner and some light conversation, this just might be your place! Nothing fancy so if you are about impressing or being impressed this might not be for you. However, if you are looking for great wings at a really great price, a casual atmosphere, maybe a great cheese steak sandwich (huge steak sandwich), and something from the bar, well this might be your new go-to place. Again, it is not a fancy place is not fancy but the food is outstanding. Our service was really great too. We went on a Saturday and actually planned on going back the following Sunday but they were closed. You may want to check their hours before you plan your visit there.

• Visited March 2014
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Joe's Wings famously bad customer service”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We have purchased chicken wings from "Joe's Famous Wings & Wieners" before. However, BUYER BEWARE. Tonight we spent our hard-earned money to buy an order of 40 wings. When we got them home, we found that they were overcooked, dried-out, and exceptionally greasy. We were disappointed, and decided to advise the OWNER of this problem. So we called and explained the situation, and he indicated "that's how he always makes them", which was not true since we had bought them before. He then implied we were late picking them up, which also was not accurate. In fact, we were there within a few minutes after placing the order. He then said "he didn't know what he could do about it.” We suggested he could make it right by providing us another order that was not all dried out. He said "You'd like that, wouldn’t you? Do you know how many people would like that?”..as if we were trying to steal them or something. We replied, “Do you know how many people won’t ever be coming back to your place? WE won’t.” BUYER BEWARE. There are lots of good places to buy wings around Lancaster that are customer-oriented. This is NOT one of them.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank Fronk F
“Cheesesteaks were awful!”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We ordered 4 cheesesteaks and 40 wings for the game yesterday. The cheesesteaks were a joke. Very little meat and no flavor. I think the split the meat between all 4 instead of cooking more. They used to have great sandwiches, must have changed ownership. $50 bucks wasted on Joe's!

• Visited September 2013