“mixed bag”

Ranked #1 of 1 Lester B&B and Inns
Intercourse, Pennsylvania
“mixed bag”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Pretty basic budget hotel. Good location, front desk staff is pretty decent and helpful. Being low end brings in some trashy elements to the property. Police banging on the door next to me wasn't overly conducive to my sleeping attempts, nor was the off and on noisy AC. Rooms are basic. Internet service needs improvement.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Korean first
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

I stay in hotels 300+ days yearly. This hotel exterior is clean and wellaintained, the room was clean and the beds was fresh and comfortable. I don't know anything about the neighborhood, but it wasn't a concern for me. Overall, a good place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed 16 August 2013

This is the biggest dump on the filthiest part of town. Dirty rooms, shady people hanging out outside the hotel. I think prostitution was going on. My wife saw a mouse. We didn't even make it the night. Save yourself, don't stay here!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Todd2323
LaGrange
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We arrived at this hotel after a long drive.The beds were like sleeping in hammocks. My husband and I were supposed to stay in Philadelphia for two days but left early due to the room. It was clean. I have never written a poor review for anything, but I just could not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Deborah S
MD
Reviewed 19 June 2013

If you need a place to sleep before you fly out, this is fine. And one of the cheapest places near the airport. I wouldn't stay there for more than once night. Otherwise, I would not recommend.

The Good:
Comfortable bed with clean sheets and a surprisingly nice down comforter (the thin kind that is stitched into squares).
Excellent water-pressure in the shower
Within minutes of the Philadelphia airport

The Bad:
You want a room in the front/lit area. Do NOT take a room in the back/unlit area. We parked there (briefly) and there were people on the balcony/aisle drinking. I mentioned this to the clerk and was told that the back of the building is for the “cash” customers. I am fairly sure he meant hookers.
Stairwell is filthy-steps covered in gum and other oddness that I prefer not to think about
Overall—the outside area needs a good scrubbing. With bleach
Thin towels

Room Tip: Stay in the front/lit area. do NOT take a room on the backside of the building. It was loud and ther...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sharron C
Tarpon Springs, Florida
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I would not recommend this hotel at all. I did not sleep all night. The walls and floorboards must be super thin. I stayed on the ground floor and you could hear every foot step, door closing, toilet flushing and shower. Needless to say there were very young men in our room next door that played loud music until 3 in the morning. The location of this hotel is in a unkept neighborhood.
On a good note, the rooms were clean, and the young man at the front desk was very helpful and polite.
The shuttle we requested was on time.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Barbara P
NC
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I missed a connection at Philadelphia airport and was given a voucher for discount rate at this hotel. I called and was told that I could stand outside the baggage claim area for pick-up, that the van was almost there. After standing there 20 minutes and seeing no hotel shuttles stop, I called back, and they said the van had missed me, to keep standing there outside of baggage claim. It was only after asking someone else at the airport that they said that this was not the place where hotel vans picked up. Hence, I went up the stairs, across to the loading area (clearly not right across from baggage area, as the person at the front desk had advised) and called Quality Inn again. I waited 45 minutes. Finally, a van comes by - we (I wasn't the only one waiting for the Quality Inn van) try to wave at it and it goes right on by ignoring us. I call again, and another van is sent. Twenty minutes later or so, the van comes, and again it goes right by me and another person waiting, despite our attempts to get their attention. There were even empty seats in the van, and it looked like the van started to brake after going past us, but then decided to go on. At this point, I absolutely knew we are at the right pick-up place for Terminal F - there is no question about that, as all the other hotel vans have been stopping here forever and there are other folks also waiting for this van. I call Quality Inn yet again. After another lengthy wait, I decide, enough - I had seen a van for Wyndham Garden Inn come through several times. I called and they had a room and said they would honor the voucher, so I got on the next van, just a matter of minutes after I called. As a complete courtesy (I hadn't given credit card information to reserve the room), I called the Quality Inn to cancel the reservation. The man at the front desk, instead of thanking me for cancelling, got really mad at me and said I should have waited for the van!!!!!!!!! What a ridiculous experience. And now, I see all the other reviews about the rooms smelling like smoke. I am glad I didn't go here, and only annoyed at myself that I waited so long before deciding to go somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank bartok1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lester
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport
Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport
Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport

Been to Quality Inn Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!