“Good experience”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lester
West Point NY
“Good experience”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Pros:

Compared to all the other hotels in the area this one was definitely the cheapest. The room was old but clean, and the bed and pillows were surprisingly comfortable. The staff was also very polite and helpful. There is even a little Chinese restaurant in the hotel next door with impressively good food.

Cons:

Unless you're headed to the airport you're about 15-20 minutes (depending on traffic) away from downtown philly and taxis in the area are expensive. They do have continental breakfast, but it's not the greatest in the world. Also, the hotel advertises free wi-fi but depending on where your room is you may not get any signal.

Overall: I would definitely stay there again if I just needed a cheap place to sleep, but the lack of wi-fi and the distance from the downtown would keep me from making this my first pick for a hotel near Philly.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 23 November 2012

I stayed in this hotel in november and was here for an interview. The location is really nice, close to the airport. The front desk was a bit rude to the customers. The hotel rooms were clean and nice with hardly any stains. The decor was as good as any other hotel. There is also a good chinese restaurant on the property which serves excellent food. There is a complementary american breakfast in the morning which seemed to be fresh. The lady at the breakfast was rude to a few people as she had difficulty understanding the language.
There is a free shuttle to the airport.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms on the back of the hotel to avoid the nuisance of the traffic on the highways
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
San Diego, California
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I stayed for 2 nights in September. I was looking for something cheap and convenient for the airport.
The shuttle was great and the breakfast wasn't bad at all. Room was fairly clean. The carpet had plenty of stains spots but wasn't that big of a deal. It was quite and safe.
The hing that I didn't like was the service. When checked in the girl at the counter was watching a movie on her laptop (at 6pm). She wasn't friendly at all- maybe cause I interrupted her movie. She didn't explain anything about the breakfast and that it is at the hotel located across this one. I travel a lot so this Indian girl has worst customer service skills -ever!
Overall I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stayed overnight here before our flight the next a.m. The room was clean and the young man at the desk was polite and informative. He told us all about the continental breakfast, the next morning, without us having to ask. Unfortunately, our flight was earlier than the breakfast so I cannot rate that.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 7 September 2012

For $60 a night, I would at least expect a clean room. The room smelled terrible from smoke. The bathroom had men's hair all over it, the towels left lint balls all over your body after using them, and there were cigarette burn marks on the tub basin. Will definitely not be back here.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Bodenheim, Germany
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We stayed one night and had an avarage experience. We did not have advance reservations but walked up. Reception was allright and the price was ok.
We had a room on the first floor, which was clean and allright.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Washington DC
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I booked a night at this hotel through the hotel's website. I never received any confirmation or emails to let me know that it went through. I called the hotel the evening before I would be staying to make sure everything was set. When I asked the man who answered the phone if he could look up my name and confirm it he told me he couldn't do that. He had a very thick accent and it was hard to tell whether he was saying "I can do that" or "I can't do that." I asked him to repeat what he said once or twice and then I repeated what I thought he was telling me ("So you're telling me that you cannot tell me if I have a reservation?"). At this point he literally started yelling at me telling me that "I need to listen." He yelled some rude things and I asked him to calm down and explain why he couldn't tell me if I have a reservation or not. He yelled some more telling me that I wasn't listening. I asked to speak to the manager and he said that he was the manager (which I doubt because what manager acts like that). I told him I was canceling my reservation and I was hanging up he continued to yell into the phone.

I know this is a cheap airport hotel, but you don't treat people like that. I cancelled my reservation online and went someplace else.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lester
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
Philadelphia Airport Marriott
Philadelphia Airport Marriott
#35 of 86 in Philadelphia
Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport
Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport
Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport

Been to Econo Lodge Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!