“Spend the extra $$$ and stay somewhere worth your while.”

Econo Lodge Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lester
York, Pennsylvania
“Spend the extra $$$ and stay somewhere worth your while.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

My husband and I booked this hotel, to be close to the airport and have a safe place to leave our car while out of town for a 3 days. Website says free parking and has airport shuttle. I called the day prior to check in to ensure reservations were set in stone and the girl who answered the phone acted as I was a burden to her, rushing me off the phone. I thought it was incredibly rude and unprofessional. When my husband and I get there to check in a younger male working at the counter asked if we would need airport shuttle. I told him "yes" and asked him if he had a ticket to put in the car window, since we would be gone for 3 days, he informed me that we would have to pay an additional charge per day (when the website says free parking.)! Rooms older and could use some updating. Dust around the base boards and the water wouldn't get hot, just luke warm. Continental breakfast was less than appetizing, and looked as if it has been put out for a few days. When our flight arrived back in Philadelphia I tried calling the hotel for 15-20 minutes (they only have 1 phone number) and received a busy signal. Finally when I got a hold of them they sent out the shuttle. I would not recommend this place or stay there again. For the price we ended up paying for the room and parking we could have stayed at a much nicer hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AngieRiley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2012

I've been in a lot of motels and cheap places to stay but this place took the cake! It was noisy, dirty, smelly! Just junk! The heater didn't work, the carpets and walls were dirty, the beds were small and lumpy. We changed rooms 3 times and every room was worse than the other. One room smelled like smoke ( though non smoking), another room's heater didn't work ( and smelled like smoke), another place, the door wouldn't even close right and would jam and the other's bathroom looked like someone hit shot and they tried to clean the blood stain but left spots behind! This is a typical room you would imagine for pimps and prostetites and crack Heads and the front staff treats you as a pimp or a crack head with their rude manner. Disgusting! I checked out as quickly as I checked in and didn't stay!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Fazezo
Potomac, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2012

I'll be honest. I'm not the kind of person who usually stays at an econo lodge. But my husband and I needed a place to crash for the night near the Philly airport.
I was very nervous about how clean and quiet it would be. Check in was quick and professional. We asked for a quieter room. The room was large, with 2 double beds. The floor was uneven. So was the mattress. There was a rickety chair. But the bathroom looked clean. There was a large fridge with a good size freezer and a microwave. The fridge was noisy so we unplugged it for the night. The temperature in the room was cold but the heater worked fast. The shower was small but the water was hot. There were bottles of shampoo, soap, and lotion. Towels were thin. So ok, it's not a luxury hotel. But the best thing - we got a really good night's sleep! And the continental breakfast was included. For a really low price. Other hotels in the area were 3 times the price. So I learned that staying at an econo lodge is not the end of the world!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
West Point NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

Pros:

Compared to all the other hotels in the area this one was definitely the cheapest. The room was old but clean, and the bed and pillows were surprisingly comfortable. The staff was also very polite and helpful. There is even a little Chinese restaurant in the hotel next door with impressively good food.

Cons:

Unless you're headed to the airport you're about 15-20 minutes (depending on traffic) away from downtown philly and taxis in the area are expensive. They do have continental breakfast, but it's not the greatest in the world. Also, the hotel advertises free wi-fi but depending on where your room is you may not get any signal.

Overall: I would definitely stay there again if I just needed a cheap place to sleep, but the lack of wi-fi and the distance from the downtown would keep me from making this my first pick for a hotel near Philly.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2012

I stayed in this hotel in november and was here for an interview. The location is really nice, close to the airport. The front desk was a bit rude to the customers. The hotel rooms were clean and nice with hardly any stains. The decor was as good as any other hotel. There is also a good chinese restaurant on the property which serves excellent food. There is a complementary american breakfast in the morning which seemed to be fresh. The lady at the breakfast was rude to a few people as she had difficulty understanding the language.
There is a free shuttle to the airport.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms on the back of the hotel to avoid the nuisance of the traffic on the highways
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

I stayed for 2 nights in September. I was looking for something cheap and convenient for the airport.
The shuttle was great and the breakfast wasn't bad at all. Room was fairly clean. The carpet had plenty of stains spots but wasn't that big of a deal. It was quite and safe.
The hing that I didn't like was the service. When checked in the girl at the counter was watching a movie on her laptop (at 6pm). She wasn't friendly at all- maybe cause I interrupted her movie. She didn't explain anything about the breakfast and that it is at the hotel located across this one. I travel a lot so this Indian girl has worst customer service skills -ever!
Overall I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stayed overnight here before our flight the next a.m. The room was clean and the young man at the desk was polite and informative. He told us all about the continental breakfast, the next morning, without us having to ask. Unfortunately, our flight was earlier than the breakfast so I cannot rate that.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lester
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport
Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport
Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd.

Been to Econo Lodge Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!