“Worse than I feared!”

Econo Lodge Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lester
Reviewed 11 August 2006

I had my doubts about an economy airport hotel and this one was worse than I could imagine. The first room we were given had never been made up from the last guests. The room we settled on had DIRTY carpet and bedding, and the "nonsmoking" room had the smell of cigaretts and an ashtray. We only stayed because it was almost midnight and we were travelng with 2 small, grumpy kids. Stay anywhere but here!!!!!

Reviewed 1 August 2006

This is a perfect example of Econo Lodge. Helpful staff. Clean rooms. Good rates. Exactly what one might expect from this chain. Easy freeway access and convenient location for the airport or the ballpark.

Special mention to the front desk staff for directing us to all the necessary places we required in the area and lightning fast check-in.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 6 January 2006

Stayed here for one night. I arrived very late and used one of the coupons you find at the service areas. The room was OK, fairly clean, the tub could have used a good scrubbing and there was some toothpaste or shaving cream residue on the floor. A plus is free long distance calls, but they will charge $1.00 for everyone for "phone access", so take advantage of that. They also have a free continental breakfast which I did not use and a computer to check your e-mail or search the web. I wouldn't call this a bad hotel like the other reviews stated unless they got there act together recently.

• Stayed: January 2006
2  Thank NY11373
Reviewed 5 December 2005

I have to agree with the previous reviewers.

Due to the Army-Navy football game in Philadelphia on December 3, this was one of the few places with a vacancy for that night. We were in town to attend a concert at the Wachovia Center the same night. In retrospect, it would have been worth it to pay double at one of the other few hotels that had a vacancy for the night.

The price was decent, but once again, it shows "You get what you pay for". The bathroom floor seemed dirty. When taking a shower, I stood on a towel, so I would not have to stand in the shower. My wife and slept in our socks because we did not want to walk across the floor or carpet in our bare feet. We did not try the complementary breakfast in the morning, but it consisted only of cereal, toast, or a bagel.

The bed was comfortable. The motel is located right along Route 291, which runs to the airport. It was very difficult to sleep, as our room directly faced the highway, and the highway noise was constant all night long. We had to turn the heat up to its highest level so the fan would drown out the outside noise.

There are much better places to stay near the airport.

• Stayed: December 2005
Reviewed 11 August 2005

The hotel is close to the airport, this ends any merit. Unhelpful staff, grotty rooms, holes in doors and a self-service breakfast area that gets a tidy up once a month whether it needs it or not.

We arrived late at night, and, when eventually dealt with, were given a room and after attempting to get in several times were scared away by its existing occupants. After again bothering reception we were given an unoccupied room.

The staff in the adjoining resturant could have been more helpful, they just didn't care to be.

The breakfast area, which doubles as reception, had obviously been visited by a large group from St. Trinians sometime in the previous month.

Avoid the Quality of this hotel if at all possible.

• Stayed: August 2005
1  Thank k4jcs
A TripAdvisor Member
Stockton, Calif
Reviewed 20 December 2004

I flew into Philadelphia late at night and wanted lodging convenient to the airport. Upon my arrival at the Econo Lodge, it looked like a downtrodden property that had seen better days. Hotel clerk was unfriendly. When I got to the room after stumbling over construction trash, I was flabbergasted! The room had filthy carpet and bedspread with nasty stains everwhere. Dresser was full of dust and apparently had not been cleaned in months. Noisy construction workers started working early in the morning and left their supplies in my doorway. Restaurant was mediocre, but no other place to eat in walking distance. When I returned home, I wrote a complaint letter to Customer Service who were very apologetic to my plight. Also, Customer Service will file a complaint directly with this property, because they never responded to my complaints, as they were directed to. My advice to anyone to quickly run in the opposite direction of this shabby property.

• Stayed: October 2004, travelled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 October 2004

To say that this hotel is disgusting is an understatement. The hotel is under major construction and they put us in a room that is under refurbishment--I mean, in the middle of construction. Plaster on the floor, stairwell is inaccessible since there was drywall on it. I'm sure this place is in violation of some major fire codes. The TV didn't work. The air conditioning unit was dismanteled from the wall--we could see the sidewalk outside from the opening between the dismanteled unit and the wall. I disagree with the above posted message--the front desk staff was the worst I've ever encountered. This place is the trashiest dive I've ever seen. We walked into the room, checked out immediately, and then went to another hotel. Do yourself a favor--don't stay here at any price. I heard from a local that they are in the process of changing it from an Econolodge to a Quality Inn. Beware!

1  Thank InternationalTrvl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lester
Airport Waterfront Inn
Airport Waterfront Inn
#6 of 7 in Essington
Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd.
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
3 mi away
Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport

Been to Econo Lodge Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!