“Very clean and plenty to do!”

Gifford Pinchot State Park
Blandon, Pennsylvania, United States
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Very clean and plenty to do!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We have been here a couple times, and it is always crowded, but respectful. Fishing is fun for kids. Plenty of spots for picnics. We hiked the Lakeside Trail the last time (about 8.5 miles) and it only took about 5.5 hours. Very clearly marked and clean. They rent kayaks, canoes and bikes. Please note: all Pennsylvania state parks are free to residents and non-residents.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank leetl319

Baltimore, Maryland
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Love Gifford Pinchot State Park”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Have camped here numerous times in the past 40 years. Always love returning. Besides camping, kayaking is also great. Love bird watching and taking pictures. Have been there summer and fall. Other attractions are near by if you want something more than camping.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Linda R
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Campsite #144 is the worst.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We spent Memorial Day weekend at camp site #144. It's tiny, doesn't have a pad for tent, and is basically camping right on the road. The fire pit is literally three feet from the road. The campsites here vary widely. Unfortunately we were stuck with the poorest excuse for a spot.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank fozziewocka
Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Nice Lake and good Disc Golf”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My co-workers went here to play disc golf and it had a nice beginners course and an extremely long and hard course as well. The courses are across the huge lake from each other. The park was not crowded when we went, but there is a lot of parking for the lake beaches there in the summer. This park is a nice quick getaway for those in Carlisle and Harrisburg.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank magicofeet
Dillsburg, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“It's a great little nature getaway”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I live rather close by, and whenever I feel the need to escape for a few hours and relax, I come here. Last year I held our family reunion at the Conewago Day Use Area and it was a success. Been on many hikes with friends over the years on Lakeside Trail. I take my son here occasionally and look forward to when he is bigger so he can run and play. My only gripe is that in the years past, when I swam in the lake, I felt kind of grimy. Now, I grew up in Hawaii and when I swim, I need to see the bottom. I am a diva when it comes to swimming. With that in mind, I wouldn't swim in the lake. It would be great if they had a pool too! Either way, this will be a go-to place for our family for years to come! It's perfect for picnicking and relaxing in nature.

Visited August 2013