“Manager lacks people skills”
Review of Days Inn Lewisburg

Days Inn Lewisburg
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Lewisburg
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had many issues with this hotel. When we got there, we tried to turn the air conditioner on and the whole top fell off and the air conditioner leaked from the outside. It cooled the room down for a little bit, but not for long. We then tried to get on the internet and that was not working. I called the front desk and was told by the manager "Ken" that I must not be signing on wrong, because the internet is working. We had three of us trying to get on our computers and no one could get on. When we went to go to bed, we could not lock the front door, which was a little scary because there were some scary people hanging out down the hall outside. As I got into bed, I noticed all this white powdery stuff sprinkled on the floor next to my bed and the other bed, that I took pictures of. I was told its pesticide to kill the bugs. Who wants to sleep next to that! The next day, I went to get into the shower and there were dead bugs in it and it was very dirty, obviously not cleaned the day before. When I checked out, I asked to speak to the manager and he asked me to come outside to talk, very odd and creepy! I showed him the pictures of the hotel and he got angry and told me that is not our property, that is another property. I had to go with another worker and housekeeper to show them all the things in the room that they did not believe. After all this, the manager offered me a 20 percent discount but told me I had to sign something saying I would not complain to anyone else about this....really??? I refused the discount and said I would rather people know how this hotel is instead. I have stayed at many days inns before and have never had problems like this, they have always been nice rooms and the staff helpful and pleasant. Not here, will never stay at this one again!

Room Tip: Has free wifi, but does not work.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We pulled up to this place and I did not really want to leave the car. The place is on Route 15 in Lewisburg making it convenient, but it their is poor lighting and no staff to be found near the entrance. I took a phone call outside my hotel room and it seemed like people were loitering on the hotel property. Not the best way to go to sleep at night. Also, the room was not very clean and it had dark carpets and sheets probably to cover up the dirt in the room. My first and last at a Days Inn stay. That's for sure.

Room Tip: Run away Sleep in your car
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Went there for a team trip and didn't want to be the obnoxious guy that left and went somewhere else, but I can assure you, if my wife was there we wouldn't have lasted a minute. Smelled a little mildewy, the headboard on one of the beds was completely broken off and just leaning against the wall, and the walls were paper thin.

The pool was in good shape and the price was right. Besides for that, can't give too many accolades,

Room Tip: It is just up the street from Bucknell University.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Traveling home from a family vacation with three teens girls and a dog, we decided not to drive straight through, but to stay over half way home. Where to stay with a dog? Lewisburg, PA, was the obvious half way point, but the only hotel allowing dogs was the Days Inn. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was small, no closet. The bathroom was dark and cramped and out of date. The mattresses were broken down and the blankets and towels were cheap and scratchy. We were missing the coffee pot and wondered where it had gone? The TV remote was so minimally configured, there was no mute button. But the worst part was seeing all the dead bugs around the windows and door. I wiped them up and threw them out before my teen girls saw them, because they would never sleep in a room full of bugs. I saw several large spiders and spider egg sacks. It seems like the exterior was just not sealed properly. We tried to freshen the air by running the air conditioner and it just didn't seem to help. The room was stuffy and the air was heavy. The air conditioner was not effective. We had to sleep without covers. Then I had to get up at 2am because the room was just freezing. I got up again at 4am to turn the air back on because it was too stuffy. No happy medium setting worked. At 8am I was awakened by the neighbor's dog who then continued to bark and cry for 90+ minutes. I let the front desk know about the poor animal alone in the room, and she said it was against policy. After all of these issues were summed up for the front desk clerk, they offered us a 20% discount. So, the room was $116, plus $20 for having a dog, and ended up being $120 with the discount. I'm glad we didn't have to drive all the way through, and I'm glad they accepted us with a dog, but if I could do it over again, I would have kept moving to the next town. Thanks for reading my review.

Room Tip: Take a bottom floor room near the pool.
1  Thank stephenscitymom

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewisburg
Comfort Suites Lewisburg
Holiday Inn Express Lewisburg/New Columbia
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 2 in New Columbia

Been to Days Inn Lewisburg? Share your experiences!