“Perhaps the most disgusting Hotel at Which I've stayed”

Rodeway Inn Lewisburg
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Lewisburg
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Didn't expect much; all local hotels were booked so I gave it a chance. The weird check in process & guy and the appearearance of the hotel,the gross interior gave me the creeps. If it wasn't for checking in late at night and tired I would not have stayed. But when I saw in the morning that the bath towels had matted hairs in them....lets just say no more Rodeways for me-anywhere.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank C G

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Why in the world people would go to this little hotel in this little town of Lewisburg? That because it's only a mile from Bucknell University. There are only two hotels located only a mile from the university, Rodeway Inn and Comfort Suite - which is always fully booked. But I'd rather picked Rodeway Inn because it's a lot cheaper. After a few stays over here I start to feel like home. There's free breakfast too, even though there's not much to select, but it's free and save me a whole lot of trouble. The hotel office smells funny and unpleasant, but I don't sleep in hotel office so it doesn't bother me much as long as my room is clean. There is free wifi which is very useful. The manager is friendly and helpful. I rate this hotel very good for the good location, reasonable price, free breakfast and wifi, clean room and clean sheet. This is good enough for me for the price between 80 - 100 depends on what time of year.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Kaazamm
Reviewed 29 July 2013

On the same trip through New York and Pennsylvania, my wife and I stopped for the night in Lewisburg, PA ... again, using Hotel chain loyalty points, we were looking for a place to redeem them for a free a room ... we found that place at the Rodeway Inn, on the south side of town ...

After driving for three hours from Ithaca, NY, where we went to a wedding, we were ready to hunker down for the night ... it is an older hotel, the room was small (which wasn't really an issue for just the two of us), but it was comfortable ... we ordered a pizza (for delivery) and settled in ...

It was safe (judging by the fact that I stupidly left my car unlocked with my wallet in plain view, and it was untouched the next morning), and the staff was friendly ... had I been interested, I'd have been unhappy with what they called "continental breakfast," but to be honest, we woke up and went looking for a Starbuck's, on the way to Gettysburg, so we did not partake ...

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank John N
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Holy crap. Seriously:
DONT EVER GO HERE!

SLEEP IN YOU CAR,WITH THE WINDOWS DOWN,IN THE DEAD OF WINTER SURROUNDED BY ZOMBIES, BEFORE GOING TO THIS ROACH INFESTED PLACE.

45 minute check in time (cause the guy didn't understand what we were doing there)
Filthy rugs
loud neighbors (seems like the owners entire family lives there!)
dirty yellow walls
missing items from room before you even get there.
doors dont lock/close all the way (my family from another room,walked right in on us)
bathroom door dont close
musty/moldy bathrooms
loose toilets
huge hole in the bathroom wall (covered with about 2 feet of un painted putty)
ceiling tiles brown and falling down
burn holes in all the bedding
Yellow shower water

and the best part of my mini Thanksgiving vacation: 20 COCKROACHES! I killed in one night!!!
not to mention the $30 I spent washing everything my wife and kids brought with us including coats,book bags and my entire cars interior!!! when I left.

Im not even being picky here,it's not like im high class or anything....

im dead serious, NO ONE SHOULD EVER STAY HERE, and Im calling the health department

Room Tip: whatever room is most updated,has a door that locks and passes a deep search for mold and cockroache...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Dan H
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Took 40 minutes to get checked in, mass confusion on the reservation, due to the fact that the person who took the reservation the day before DIDN'T EVEN WORK AT THE HOTEL.
Had 2 rooms, couldn't bear either one. First room had so much mold and mildew it was difficult to breathe after about an hour in there. Second room was cleaner, but had roaches scurrying down the walls and in the beds all night long. And the 7 people in the room above us held all-night mosh pits/wrestling matches/marching band practice/whatever the heck they were doing up there. All. Night. Long. All. Day. Long. Non-stop thumping, slamming, screaming, and what sounded like picking up chairs and throwing them across the room.

Wasn't the most restful or relaxing "vacation".

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank JayExD
Reviewed 16 September 2012

If you are very sleepy and just need to get some sleep fast I guess it will do .When we entered the lobby it had a odor but I figured we wont be staying in the lobby so we werent worried about it. We went to room and it was a basic room small in size . Clean but far from perfect . It really needs updated . Although they dont charge what many of the nicer hotels charge so i guess its kind of the old saying you get what you pay for. I wouldnt be afraid to sleep there again but if I had the choice I would probly pay a few dollars extra and go to a newer place . The breakfast concist of a plastic container of cereal . I suggest eating else where. All in all ok in a pinch.

Room Tip: If you like a snack or breakfast dont count on hotel ..
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Harry E
Reviewed 1 September 2012

My husband and I are both insulators and travel a lot for our work. We found the Roadway was near our work site. When we first checked in we found the TV only had 10 channels, so I called the front desk and we were told it was a new system and the owners would be there in 30 minutes. They never showed up. So the next evening when we got in from work and found the TV still wasn't working correctly I called the front desk again and was told the manager wasn't there and that our TV did not pick up all the cable channels. Why put a TV that doesn't work properly in the room to begin with ? She said the manager would be there the next afternoon and he would switch the TV out then . That was 3 days ago and our TV still works. Room service does NOT know how to clean. When we first arrived I had to clean pubic hairs out of the bath tub !! Yuck !! The bed looked like a 6 year old got to practice making it up. The carpet finally got vacuumed yesterday. Tonight is our last night here (we paid for a week in advance.) If you are forced to stay here DO NOT let them give you room 114. That TV does not pick up but 10 channels. The room is a very small room with a king sized bed in it. The bar and restaurant they advertise belongs to the hotel next door. The lady at the cleaners where i had our clothes done and everyone else in Lewisburg said they heard about or had had a bad experience here. We are moving tomorrow to the Econo Lodge in Shamockin Dams where we would rather drive 13 miles to work then stay here and be 5 miles from work. We feel its worth the extra miles then to be treated like they do not need our business.

Room Tip: Do not stay there unless you have no other choice. If you do have to stay there remember : Room 114...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank LaJeana C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewisburg
Comfort Suites Lewisburg
Holiday Inn Express Lewisburg/New Columbia
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 2 in New Columbia

Been to Rodeway Inn Lewisburg? Share your experiences!