“Average food--nothing special here”
Review of Victoria House - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Ate at the pub. Pub type, bar food (burgers, etc.) was average. Chicken sandwich was only fair and uninspired. Roll was a bit stale. Service was fairly slow. Price was good however. Not terrible but wouldn't go out of my way to eat there. "Average" is the best adjective for this restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Victoria House

Reviewed 17 July 2013

I ate here last weekend. We ate in the pub side so it was very laid back and fun. We had a lot of food, the clams appetizer was tiny but delicious, I could have passed on the crab cake appetizer it was a little dry for me. The dinner I ordered was over the top! I had the scallops with mashed red potatoes and I will have dreams about those scallops they were that good.
Heather was our waitress and she was amazing very friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

Yes the rooms are beautiful and comfortable but the service in the restaurant was interminably slow and the food was mediocre. Granted, we were there with a large group but the group reservation was made well in advance and we arrived on time. Dinner was supposed to be served at 7 but wasn't served until at least an hour later. We had a set menu with 4 choices of entrees, and from reports at our table the chicken, beef and salmon were ok but nothing special. I had the vegan option, a red pepper stuffed with tabbouleh which was quite tasty - sounded like it was the best choice.

2  Thank Karen H
Reviewed 16 April 2013

This is part of Vics Pub (they are in the same Victorian House). The rooms in this restaurant are beautiful and comfortable. The food is great just a bit pricey but definitely worth it for the quality of food.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

We tried to eat in the restaurant adjoining the pub, but it became clear after we were seated (we had to hunt down the hostess in an office) that there were no waitstaff assigned to the restaurant. We were the sole diners in the restaurant, but we waited interminably long for menus, water, and food. The menu was very limited and overpriced, and the experience overall was disappointing. No meat-free entrees.

5  Thank Gary H