“Disappointing Poor service” 2 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Fero Vineyards and Winery
Ranked #4 of 11 things to do in Lewisburg
More attraction details
Owner description: We produce distinctive wines suited to our Central Pennsylvania location. We grow Riesling, Lemberger,Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, Gruner Veltliner and Separavie for our premium dry wines. We make a line of easy drinking sweet and semi-sweet wines too. We sell our wine only at our tasting room in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania. Our goal is to provide a great vineyard experience and real value.
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Disappointing Poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

I've been wanting to check out this place for awhile, was so excited when they opened. When I finally went I never had such bad customer service in my life. We were greeted in an unwelcoming tone and not told about the place or the wines at all. We stood there for a couple seconds with our server staring at us like "what do you want?" Like we were bothering her. Eventually we started to taste the wines as she poured them fast like we were doing shots, not telling us about any of the wines or recommending ones based on what we like. I tried making conversation with the server at the bar to make the awkward environment a little more enjoyable, yet she had a short response followed by a blank stare. At this point all I wanted to do was leave this place I knew nothing about and felt very unwelcome in. As a hospitality professional who has gone to several wineries & wine and food festivals I can honestly say this is one that I will probably never feel comfortable coming back to or recommending to a friend..

Visited August 2013
5 Thank xmeagzx
FeroWinery, Public Relations Manager at Fero Vineyards and Winery, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
We are so sorry to read about your experience at our tasting room. I assure you, we are as disappointed that this was your first experience with us as you were. You clearly did not receive our standard of customer service and for that we apologize. Thank you for bringing this to our attention; we value feedback as there is always room for improvement. We would appreciate a second chance! Fero Vineyards & Winery is a small, family run operation with deep roots in the Lewisburg community. We love to share our wines, the history behind our vineyard and hear your stories as well! We encourage our visitors to come and enjoy the full experience, whether that be just a tasting or a bottle of wine on the patio. We want you to be comfortable at our establishment! Again, please accept our apology and we invite you back! Feel free to ask for the owners when you are next in or contact us so that we can personally apologize.

Lewisburg
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Nice...but has potential to be great.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

As a fairly new winerly they are doing a great job. Curb appeal and outdoor patio seating is where I ding this location. Otherwise they have very informed staff, a lovely interior and space for party or small receptions and some very good wines.

Visited April 2013
Morris Plains, New Jersey
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“No Tours but free samples to check out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

We were looking for something interesting to do in the Lewisburg, PA area one rainly Saturday. We found this very neat winery that offers free tastings of white and red wines. They grow the grapes onsite and make the wines there. Ordinarily there might be a tour of the winery but not here to our surprise.

The people running it were very nice, however, and we will visit again if in the area. We even bought a few bottles of the moderately priced wines after sampling them.

Visited February 2013
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 140 helpful votes
“Had a great little time.......”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

We loved Fero’s. We just visited last weekend and since they are brand new, I was shocked to see them on Trip Advisor already.

They are a cozy and cool little winery just outside of Lewisburg.

We went for a tasting and were pleasantly surprised with all the dry wines they had. We both love dry wines and there were plenty. There was no charge to taste which was great.

We especially liked their dry red Lemberger wine which was excellent. Their bottle prices were very reasonable.

We liked the Lemberger so much that we bought a bottle to drink there. They have a little lounge area set up in their large banquet room where we enjoyed the bottle.

They have an outdoor patio for summertime use which will be fun in a few months.

Overall it was a very good visit. I am glad they are close by.

Visited February 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Excellent Vineyard and Event Venue!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

My husband and I recently held our small wedding reception at Fero Vineyards. We couldn't have been happier with the experience! The owners went out of their way to ensure that our reception was a success and that we could enjoy our time with friends and family. The atmosphere was warm and event room beautifully decorated for the holidays. The wine was also wonderful (try the Lemberger- a personal favorite). We look forward to returning for a wine tasting next time we're in town for the holidays.

Visited December 2012