“I Can't complain”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Lewisburg
Erie, Pennsylvania
“I Can't complain”
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We normally stay at Comfort Inn.New Columbia. I saw a 25% discount for Country Inn Suites so thought a good chance to compare.The room itself is about the same.Micro,frig+coffeepot.I think this room a little smaller.Has 2 queen beds.Very clean.Tub+shower looks new.Even with discount still about $17 more.Had DVD player with free dvd.Asked if we wanted popcorn.Not sure if Comfort Inn offers this.
Breakfast better with several choices of fruit,2 types of eggs,+muffins much better quality.Cookies at desk all day.Staff friendly.

They have elevator+Comfort Inn doesn't+easier to get into parking lot.Weather permitting,can walk to Country Cupboard.Close to Damon's restaurant.

Beds +pillows comfortable.Instead of bedspread,comforter+blanket enclosed with duvet.I have mixed feelings about that.I usually remove spread+if hotel doesnt use 3 sheet method,I bring extra sheet+do it myself.With duvet,if u remove,left with just a sheet+no blanket.Too difficult to remove comforter from duvet.I understand this method prolongs life of comforter+blanket longer but doubt that they get washed anymore often.All in all very pleasant+comfortable stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Washington, DC Area
Reviewed 14 October 2012

My eight year old son reminded me recently that I should have written this review long ago, as we have enjoyed staying at this hotel at least two or three times a year for "my (his) WHOLE LIFE!" Lewisburg is at the half-way point between our home near Washington, DC, and his grandmother's house in Western New York State. Though our stay at this Country Inns & Suites is never more than a night or two, it is never a disappointment. It is well situated within an easy walk or short drive of restaurants and the ever-popular Country Cupboard; always well-maintained, clean and moderately priced. The front desk staff are professional and friendly. Our online reservation is reliable, and we can count on arriving to a sincere welcome back by long time staff members, and often recognized upon our arrival with a comment about how much my son has grown since our last visit. The daily complimentary breakfast is way better than average, both in quality and variety of offerings; the complimentary, fresh-baked cookies at the front desk are a welcome snack after a long drive; and the complimentary microwave popcorn goes well well with movies from the free DVD video library at the front desk. The indoor pool and whirlpool sauna are a favorite amenity of my son, especially during our annual winter holiday journeys. All-in-all, the Country Inns & Suites - Lewisburg has for several years provided our family with a dependably delightful respite in our journey to Grandma's house; I hope it stays that way.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Harleysville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Our son is attending Penn State University and 3 months ago I tried to book a hotel for parent weekend. It turns out there was nothing available within an hour radius of State College. I researched on line and found this hotel about an hour away. All the hotels in State College(had there been availability) were charging $350.00 a night! Ridiculous to say the least. This hotel was very clean, comfortable, super-friendly staff, and a terrific complimentary breakfast. Guess where we will be staying whenever we visit our son? I understand Bucknell college is only a couple miles from this hotel as well. Great find!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Stopped at this hotel while traveling North after a very long day of driving. The staff was welcoming, the room seemed freshly decorated, very clean and quiet. We stayed in a first floor room behind the lobby. I never heard any noise in the hallway and we all slept well. Breakfast was good and I appreciated eating on real plates with silverware. Helped start the day off right. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Cochranton
Reviewed 22 September 2012

good location, alot of parking, a nmber of places to eat. close to my training class. easy in and out
rooms very clean and good size. easy to find off the interstate, staff very helpful. would stay there again. good nights sleep

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2012 via mobile

Much better than expected! Hotel was very clean, staff was extremely friendly and very welcoming! I would certainly recommend staying here during a visit to Williamsport or Lewisburg! We only stayed a few days but would stay here again longer if we needed to.

• Stayed August 2012
Burlington, Nj
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We just stayed here for 3 nights to go to the Little League World Series (about 20 min. away). Great hotel. Very clean. Rooms very spacious and updated. Beds comfortable. Breakfast was pretty normal but good selection. Kids loved the pool. Country Cupboard within walking distance for dinner....great buffett! Will definitely try to stay here next year!

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewisburg
Best Western Plus Country Cupboard Inn
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 2 in New Columbia
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Selinsgrove

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lewisburg? Share your experiences!