“Home sweet away from home”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lewisburg
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Lewisburg
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have been staying at the CIS, Lewisburg for several months on a weekly basis. The entire staff especially Carmen, Duane, Monica, Tammy and Mae consistently go out of their way to make my stay exceptional. Friendly, professional and accommodating...they do their best to upgrade my room, and help with early checkin if necessary. I would highly recommend this hotel to families and individuals for business or vacation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Country Inn Lewisburg is our favorite hotel in the area. There were a number of events going on in the Lewisburg area during our recent visit, and unfortunately we had to stay one night at a less satisfactory hotel. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted and upgraded to a lovely king suite, which included a living room, easy chair, desk, microwave, and fridge. There was a standard door that could be closed to separate the living area from the bedroom. Our bed felt absolutely wonderful. I enjoyed using the exercise room, which contained mats, weights, an elliptical, 2 stationery bikes, and a treadmill. Restrooms adjacent to the indoor pool were equipped with showers. Breakfast is always good with hot and cold items plus fruit, cereal, and pastries. The hotel also has a guest laundry. We have never been disappointed with a stay at Country Inn Lewisburg.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Having stayed (by choice) at the Country Inn and Suites in Lewisburg, PA for many years, I felt I was well overdue in reviewing this fine hotel. Started staying at this facility in 2006 as it met my strict criteria while on the road as an Account Manager for a medical supply company. Few hotels in my 40+ years of traveling have come close to meeting or exceeding my criteria for a "home away from home." Knowledge, friendliness and caring of the staff is most important. Then comes cleanliness and amenities along with ergonomics of the facility, the room in general and it's suitability as an on-the-road office....including complimentary WiFi,
This hotel is part of a complex owned by a local family corporation. On this campus (as I call it) is another hotel, 2 restaurants, meeting rooms, and the Country Cupboard Shoppes. Also located within a mile or so is the quaint little college (Bucknell) downtown of Lewisburg. Market street is made up of many local businesses, restaurant/lounges and entertainment venues.
From check-in to check-out everything at this hotel is top notch. The front desk staff, both day and night, are fantastic. The Management team of Ms. Jennifer (GM) and Mr. Mark (AGM) do a superior job running this facility. The friendship that has developed with them and others at the Country Inn and Suites makes things that much nicer when in Lewisburg. Housekeeping does a fabulous job keeping the rooms with large bathrooms spotless and fresh. Breakfast (included with room) is always fresh with many hot and cold choices. The hotel in general is always bright and welcoming both from the outside and again once you enter the lobby.
As the years progressed staying here, I not only developed strong relationships with the local Hospital as an anesthesia representative, but also developed many friendships downtown and, as said before, at the hotel itself. In fact, you might say I have a second family at the hotel. I have been retired 4 years now, and still return to the Country Inn and Suites 4-5 times a year for multi-night visits. In fact, I have met people staying here for vacation, and do so partly because they enjoy the hotel and the people who make it run so smoothly.
In my 200+ nights spent here (and that may be low), I can honestly say I have never had a bad night's stay. Rooms are always quiet and bright with all the amenities one would realistically want for a comfortable stay. Front desk is at your disposal 24/7 and always eager to please. Even if your day has not gone that well, walking through the front doors of the Country Inn and Suites in Lewisburg, PA will help make things better.

Room Tip: I like the front rooms so you can get the afternoon sun and also see everything going on out front.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We visited Bucknell University and had a wonderful experience both on campus and during our stay at the Country Inn. The hotel desk personnel were small town friendly and big time efficient.
The rooms are quite large, the free breakfast more than adequate, and the setting was quiet..perfect for a good night's sleep. We will definitely return!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Stayed here on a visit to the local universities. They booked this hotel for us and I was not disappointed.

Pros: Room was clean, complete with microwave, fridge and a dvd player. Comfortable bed, clean linens. I was on the first floor and it was quiet and peaceful. The front desk staff were very friendly, prompt, and efficient at check-in and check-out.

Cons: Room had somewhat of a smell upon entrance. The tub had a slow drain after showering.

Since we were on a college tour, we mostly dined on their campuses. There is a little restaurant at the hotel, though. We had breakfast at the Country Club restaurant across from the hotel. It was buffet style and was ok. There is a Damon's just a short walk from the hotel as well.

It was a pleasant stay and if I find myself in central PA in the future, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank P C
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The room seemed a bit small. Two queen beds were a tight fit. The mattress was very soft and the quality wasn't up to par The bed had bright red bedspreads, and I wished they would update them to white and change them between guests, as so many hotels are doing now. I found a few hairs on one of them, but the room was otherwise cleaner than average.

The staff was good about honoring our room location request. We stayed at the end of a hallway, and although the walls were thin, the fan from the heater covered up any noise when turned on high.

Breakfast was adequate, but of very average quality. Internet was free and reliable. We stayed for two night while visiting relatives, and while I think the hotel is acceptable for a brief stop, and the staff is pleasant, I'll probably try someplace else next time.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank shamrock08
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We stayed overnight only and didn't have time to use all the facilities but will remember my swimsuit next time. Room was very comfortable and liked the large vanity in the bathroom, so many hotels have no room for anything on the counters. They even have fresh cookies in the entryway.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Carol S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewisburg
Best Western Plus Country Cupboard Inn
#3 of 8 in Lewisburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Selinsgrove
Holiday Inn Express Lewisburg/New Columbia
Hampton Inn Selinsgrove / Shamokin Dam

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lewisburg? Share your experiences!