“Another hotel in transition but staff is hidden gem!”

Hampton Inn Lewisburg
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Lewisburg
Reviewed 17 June 2014

For some reason, we are staying in hotels that are undergoing renovations this summer! However, we are the undeterred travelers. This Hampton is located only a short distance from Bucknell University(we have a rising senior and doing college tours). We couldn't see the lobby and check-in was a small desk set across a small doorway. Admittedly, not up to par. However, Ashley greeted us warmly and politely apologized for renovations in a way that made you feel at home. She directed us to all the local eateries and wanted to make sure we would have their warm signature cookies upon our return. We came back to our room and the AC wasn't working. Not a problem but it was 91 degrees out.. I'm of an age that Mr. Heat Miser and I do NOT agree. Ashley came up within minutes, tried to rectify the issue to no avail, and fell over herself to make sure we were comfortable. We moved rooms and she gave us a hospitality bag full of goodies to make sure it was right. My room is a comfy 65 degrees and Ashley deserves a raise!

Room Tip: The hotel is situated near travelers amenities, gas, food, banking and a Wal-mart Super Center. 3 mi...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Jill S, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Lewisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn in Lewisburg and thank you for your review. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff went above and beyond to ensure your stay was comfortable. We are a hotel in transition, but our focus remains unchanged - to make each and every guest feel at home. Should your future travels bring you back to Bucknell University, I hope you will choose to stay with us again and be able to enjoy our new "Perfect Mix" Lobby. Thank you!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

finding the hotel is very easy, checkin was handled very quickly.the ladies at the front desk were helpful with finding a place for dinner and supplied us printed directions to the restaurant. the hotel is under construction in the lobby and breakfast area, but the area is kept neat,clean and quiet. there is plenty of parking and the hotel is next to a shopping area. the rooms are nicely furnished the pool area is nice. this hotel fit our needs for the weekend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Hello Eric, Thank you for your recent review and your positive feedback. Our lobby and breakfast area are being renovated but, as you pointed out, we are working diligently to provide a clean, neat and quiet environment for our guests. The progress in the last few weeks has been astounding. We hope that you will visit us again in the future to see the finished product. Thank you, again.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at your Hampton Inn and enjoyed it thoroughly. The staff was very pleasant and efficient, plus the room was well-appointed and very clean. We would definitely stay with you again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Kendra, We sincerely thank you for staying with us during your visit to Lewisburg. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I was attending a reunion at Bucknell University and Hampton Inn was on list Alumni Office sent me of area accommodations. I wanted to be able to smoke in my room and Hampton Inn had smoking rooms (not many but one was available). I believe the rate on their website was $189, which i thought was expensive for Lewisburg but when i called the hotel directly and asked about Bucknell discount I got rate of $99 which was very agreeable. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Room very comfortable and well appointed. I used the ironing board and iron in room to press an item i was going to wear. Lots of choices, hot and cold, for complimentary breakfast. Some one even came around at breakfast offering bottled water to take with me for the day. I'll look for a Hampton Inn on trip I am taking next month.i

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jill S, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Lewisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Lenore, Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn in Lewisburg. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us - the staff, your room and the hot, complimentary breakfast. We hope to see you again the next time you are in town for a Bucknell University Reunion.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

It would have been a good experience, except for a refrigerator that vibrated erratically and a very noisy air conditioning system. Otherwise, quite pleasant and comfortable. The staff was exceptionally pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Marty, I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Our guests’ comfort is always a top priority. Your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I'm glad that you found out staff to be exceptionally pleasant and helpful. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our hotel. Thank you.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Highly recommend this hotel if you are in the area. We met our daughter & family here because it was half-way for each of us to spend the Memorial Holiday weekend. The room was very comfortable, clean and the amenities were superb. I loved the bath and shower and my husband enjoyed the lounge chair. We did not have time to use the pool, but it was sparking clean. The breakfast bar was kept neat and well supplied with hot items and fresh fruit. Coffee is available most of the time and cookies are waiting when you arrive.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and although there were a lot of kids there, we did not hear any noises.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Jill S, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Lewisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Hello Joy, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at the Hampton Inn in Lewisburg. We were delighted to receive the positive comments about your clean and comfortable hotel room and the many other great amenities offered at the Hampton Inn. We hope that you and your family will visit us again soon. The cookies will be waiting!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Lewisburg Hampton was the hotel that, when I first moved in to the area, it became home. It also proved to be the last hotel when I leave the area now. Not at all regretting the visit again after 28 months. I would do it again! Nice staff!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Juan, Thank you for your kind words and for choosing the Hampton Inn in Lewisburg as your first "home" in the area. We are glad you chose to stay again recently. Please don't hesitate to visit us again if your journeys ever bring you back to the area. Wishing you safe travels!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewisburg
Best Western Plus Country Cupboard Inn
#1 of 6 in Danville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 2 in New Columbia

Been to Hampton Inn Lewisburg? Share your experiences!