Ramada Ligonier
Foggy Mountain Lodge(Stahlstown)(Great Value!)
US$83
Travelocity
Very Good 4/5
  • Restaurant
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe(Latrobe)(Great Value!)
US$113
Priceline
US$67
Average 3/5
Quality Inn(Greensburg)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Average 3/5
All reviewsidlewild parkolder hotelquaint townheated poolroom was cleansleeper sofawithin walking distancesoak zonenice staynext morningstayed nightswafflesenjoyed my staylaurel highlandsflight memorialfree breakfastvery nice hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The hotel is hard to find as the sign is on Route 30 and the hotel is a block away! Worth the hunt! The room was very clean although the bathroom is a little claustrophic. The staff is super friendly and the free "continental" breakfast even included scrambled eggs and ham! The lunch\dinner sold in the restaurant isn't up to snuff and the free PC is so slow I think it belonged to the dinosaurs. Still, nice place

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Peggy C
Andrea C, Manager at Ramada Ligonier, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Peggy C,

Thank you for posting such a nice review of the Ramada Ligonier. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay here at the Ramada and felt you made a "good choice" in your lodging arrangements. The hotel signage is definitely a challenge. Since Ligonier is a national historic district we are limited in the size, height, and location of the signage and therefore do have to display our large lighted signage on Route 30. Thanks for you kind comments regarding our staff, our breakfast buffet, and the hotel cleanliness. I always enjoy sharing the positive feedback with our front line staff. Also, good info about the guest computer in the lobby. We will run some updates on it to get it moving a bit more quickly. We hope to see you in Ligonier again soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel while we were visiting Idlewild Park. The location was perfect and everything was within walking distance. The people were very nice especially the housekeepers. The room was cleaned each day. No complaints. The hot breakfast was even great. The boy working there was a very friendly , hard -working guy.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2014

After searching for a hotel for an Idle wild vacation with my grandson, I chose the Ramada Inn. I chose it for price and proximity to the park. I read many reviews on this hotel, which were 50/50. The entrance to the Inn is much nicer then the picture. Very welcoming. The hotel is clean and decorated nicely. The hallway carpets could have been vacuumed better. The staff at the desk was pleasant, but more interested in talking amongst themselves. Our room was clean and comfortable. The furnishings a bit dated. The pool area was very nice. The Bistro for breakfast was clean , but the area a bit dark. The menu for breakfast was average. The selection was limited. Parking was not an issue and finding the hotel was easy. I am very happy with my choice to stay at the Ramada.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Staff was friendly, room (a suite) was fairly quiet, despite being close to the lobby. Ours was a non-smoking suite, but it did smell like old smoke, and it was hot as Hades when we walked in. Breakfast was alright, but the dining area gets quite crowded. I checked everything (even the piping on the mattress) and saw no evidence of critters, but honestly, the room could have been cleaner. There were a lot of crumbs under the cushions in the loveseat, and it looks like the room only gets a cursory sweep, as the corners & under cords, etc. had a layer of dust. Would I stay there again? Probably, because its location is perfect for touring Ft. Ligonier and visiting the shops in town.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed @ this hotel years ago when it was stll called the Lord Ligonier Hotel. Back then w my parents it was a treat to stay there because of the elegant and charming surroundings and the courtious cust. srvc. When I went back years later after it became the Ramada, it was a completely different place. All the charm was gone to be replaced by a chain business feeling.
I can't give this a good rating or recommend staying to family and friends when there are several smaller places to stay such as guest cottages and B&Bs where they will get a lot more on their budgets.

Room Tip: Ice machines and guests coming and going are louder on upper floors. Make sure pool will be open during your stay even in seasonal summer months. Kids activities located off grounds.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family