“Ligonier, Pa”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ligonier
Louisville, Ohio
“Ligonier, Pa”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

When I first checked in the room had a very distinct sewer smell. I told the front desk and they brought in a small air cleaner which did absolutely nothing. The next day they brought in a much larger unit and I had to sleep with it running which meant little sleep. It did the trick, but not great for sleeping. When I asked upon checkout if they would consider the inconvenience and give me a discount they almost laughed at me and looked at me like nothing had happened. On top of that, now I find they never even gave me my points for my stay. Bad customer service. This was a suite and not a standard room but the smell was coming from the bedroom. They were sold out so they could not and did not even offer another room.

Room Tip: Smell the room first!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for one night to visit Fallingwater. We got a King sized bed room. The room is very spacious and big with nice washroom with big mirrors. The bed was very comfortable. However, the noise from next door was pretty loud especially the banging of the doors constantly the next morning. Also, the wifi wasn't working very well. There was only one spot in the room near the door where we could get good reception of the wifi. Otherwise, it would be a perfect stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room with good wifi reception.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jude_Paradise
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We were in town for a wedding and stayed here for two nights. This motel is very dated, still has that 70's decor going on. One thing I hate in motels is when I can't open a window to get fresh air and have to breath air conditioning all night. This was one of those places. I will say the bed was super comfortable. The free breakfast was so so - but the coffee was undrinkable. The price for two nights was great, so I won't complain any further.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed in town when most hotels were booked for Steelers training camp. They only had the suite available. Room 507. Most expensive room in hotel. Hotel is very dated. When we got in room I went to the bathroom to freshen up. There was black hair everywhere! Pics to follow. We contacted front desk and the front desk agent said she would come to the room and clean it. We left to go to grab a bite. Awhile later we came back to our room. The pictures are of AFTER she supposedly cleaned it. We called front desk again. No one answered. We walked to front desk and asked to have manager contact us. Manager never did call but we woke to a $25 housekeeping credit. We couldn't shower. We used the bathrooms in the hall. Very disappointed! Also forgot to mention the toilet wouldn't work either

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Donna O
Andrea C, Manager at Ramada Ligonier, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Donna O,

I received your recent review dated August 2nd. First, I'm very sorry that you experienced anything less than a perfect stay here, especially in one of our suites. Upon your arrival and dissatisfaction with your suite, a senior staff member immediately went to your room to investigate your concerns and correct any problems. Any issues were absolutely addressed and a manager did speak with you upon check out and offered an adjustment for any inconveniences you experienced. You are correct however that we only had one room available in the hotel upon your arrival on this busy special event weekend.
Feasterville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The hotel is hard to find as the sign is on Route 30 and the hotel is a block away! Worth the hunt! The room was very clean although the bathroom is a little claustrophic. The staff is super friendly and the free "continental" breakfast even included scrambled eggs and ham! The lunch\dinner sold in the restaurant isn't up to snuff and the free PC is so slow I think it belonged to the dinosaurs. Still, nice place

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Peggy C
Andrea C, Manager at Ramada Ligonier, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Peggy C,

Thank you for posting such a nice review of the Ramada Ligonier. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay here at the Ramada and felt you made a "good choice" in your lodging arrangements. The hotel signage is definitely a challenge. Since Ligonier is a national historic district we are limited in the size, height, and location of the signage and therefore do have to display our large lighted signage on Route 30. Thanks for you kind comments regarding our staff, our breakfast buffet, and the hotel cleanliness. I always enjoy sharing the positive feedback with our front line staff. Also, good info about the guest computer in the lobby. We will run some updates on it to get it moving a bit more quickly. We hope to see you in Ligonier again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ligonier
Quality Inn and Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#3 of 7 in Johnstown

Been to Ramada Ligonier? Share your experiences!