“Beautiful atmosphere”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The Tavern has such a great atmosphere in a town that I love to visit. The prices are average and the food is above average. I love the onion soup and dining on the porch. We never go to Ligonier without stopping at the tavern. The house has a lot of historical charm. I had a business get together in one of the upper rooms and they did a tremendous job. The room had a comfortable warm feel and the service was excellent.

Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

I've been to LT many times and the food is usually great yet the service can be unfriendly (not mean just unfriendly). It takes awhile for the food to arrive but usually it's worth the wait. Only problem was I ordered the spinach/filet salad. Ordered my steak medium; it arrived very well done but I couldn't ask for new steak because after waiting 25mins for our food (4 of us) we were short for time. Although that was my 1st bad experience with food. Place looks like an old house; beautiful!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Recommend sitting in the bar room to get great, cheerful service from Terri, but you must go for lunch or early dinner as she leaves at 5:00.
The Taverns quiches are really, really great. Also recommend lobster salad.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Neat old historic building with a good selection of food items. Very resonably priced...its fancy without being intimidating. If you get their early you can eat outside on the balcony and people watch. Great place for lunch or dinner. Its a must stop if you are in town.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

The tavern is always an excellent choice with its quaint charm and friendly staff. I have been coming here for over 20 years and always enjoy the experience. The balcony is enjoyable for lunch and the bar always has a friendly group.