“pleasant neighborhood eatery”

First Wok
Ranked #20 of 39 Restaurants in Ligonier
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We have lunch at First Wok about once a week. There is a nice selection of Americanized Chinese food as well as some more traditional selections including some Thai and Japanese dishes. My current favorite is Vegetable Pad Thai.

The seating is mostly booths - which we prefer - and the decor is like a garden - green with interesting ever changing flowers, sticks and ivy.

It's BYOB and there is outdoor seating if you prefer.

The family who runs First Wok are very friendly and the service is excellent.

Reviewed 5 August 2012

We live here and get take out almost weekly. Everything is great but the fact that they do sushi is amazing! Always fresh and perfectly done. Other favorites include General Tso's Chicken, Moo Shu Pork, and the Thai Sweet Chilli Chicken.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

First Wok has some great food and they do take-out. The cashew chicken is a good choice. The atmosphere is pretty nice and the staff are good. The one negative is that is a little more pricey than what you would expect, but being the only Asian cuisine for 15-20 miles, they can afford to do that. I usually get take-out, but as far as I remember from the couple times I have eaten in-house, there was no buffet. There menu is decent and they have a sushi menu as well.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

Love their chicken fried rice !!! Service is good and everyone is very attentive

Reviewed 4 June 2012

We love to visit the First Wok in Ligonier and this was no exception. We took our special needs son with us or should I say that he took us. He asks to visit the First Wok everytime he comes home.

And who can blame him. An extremely friendly establishment run almost entirely by the owners. Such a small space that is filled with beautiful and interesting decorations so that you forget where you are for awhile. The decorations are just a hint at what is in store. A very complete menu of Chinese dishes, now supplemented with Japanese and Thai selections. I haven't wandered onto those menus yet because the Chinese food is so excellant.

If you have never tried it before please try the Moo Shu Pork (or any of the other Moo Shu options). The plum sauce you spread on the contents before you fold the pancakes is the topper. This is my favorite every time. All of the other traditional Chinese dishes are equally tasty.

I'm starting to sound like an ad, but it is hard to not get excited when I talk about this gem of a restaurant in little Ligonier, PA.