“perfect place for a quiet dinner”
Review of Flavors Cafe - CLOSED

Flavors Cafe
Price range: US$7 - US$32
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Lunch, Dinner, Specialty Foods, Take Out, BYOB,
Ohiopyle, Pennsylvania
“perfect place for a quiet dinner”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

My husband and I had dinner at Flavor's last night for our fifth wedding anniversary. It only seats eight tables for dinner and is such a quiet atmosphere. It is perfect if you just want somewhere to get away and talk and enjoy a quiet evening out. Chef and his family are amazing. They were more than happy to chill our wine for us that we brought and uncork it and gave us time to decide from a truly amazing menu. We started with Salmon bruschetta. I had never eaten salmon before and was so glad I tried it. My husband had the steak and I had shrimp scampi in angel hair pasta. I have never seen such huge portions before, especially my husband's steak. Chef was out to talk with us at least 3 or 4 times to make sure everything was perfect and even gave me tips on how to reheat my pasta. The only regret I have is we didn't have enough room for desert. The entire staff were so sweet to us and kept wishing us a wonderful anniversary. I would definitely drive the hour and a half away back just to have dinner there. If you are looking for a quiet unhurried restaurant with amazing prepared from scratch meals, you can't beat Flavor's.

• Visited May 2013

Pittsburgh, pa
“Flavors Cafe”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

An absolute gem hidden in the heart of Ligonier. Some of the best food for originality, creativity and flavor you could ask for plus---such warm and friendly hosts (owners). Can't wait to go back. The fried green tomatoes with grilled shrimp with his own sauce it absolutely wonderful.

• Visited May 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Must try”
Reviewed 27 April 2013

We spend a lot of time in Ligoner trying out the local resturants. This one is a must try. The food is fresh and delicious and the atmosphere great. If you want great food in a relaxing atmosphere do not miss this little surprise tucked back from Main Street. Great for vegitarians also.

• Visited April 2013
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
“Unforgetable meals”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Last week I made the hour long trip to Flavors Cafe just for lunch. The small, quaint atmosphere feels like dining in someones home. The soups alone are worth the trip, but I cannot overstate the flavors that Chef David brings out in everything that he touches. My husband will not eat a steak anywhere else after having dinner there. It was the tenderest and most flavorful that he had ever eaten. The accompaning foods on each plate taste as though they were made for each other. Ligonier is a lovely town to visit and shop or browse, but Flavors Cafe makes the destination always worth while.

Diane Cordisco

• Visited March 2013
Indiana, Pennsylvania
“Nice Small Restayant With Great Food”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

The Food was wonderful. Very small Restaurant where you can bring your own wine. There is a State Liqueur store within walking distance. Prices are on the high side of moderate. Would recommend.

Visited November 2012