“Great little restaurant in Ligonier”

The Kitchen on Main
Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Ligonier
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Open floor plan including kitchen - watch as chefs prepare your meal.Some booths for a more private experience as well as outside dining. BYOB
Leesburg, Virginia
“Great little restaurant in Ligonier”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Lots of restaurants to choose from in Ligonier, but we liked the look of the Kitchen House. They had a few tables out front and a couple on the side. It was a lovely day and we wanted to eat outside. Our waitress was very friendly and efficient.

I had the Kitchen Salad, loaded with fruit and spiced almonds. I substituted feta for brie. It was delicious. Someone else in our group loved the tomato salad. My husband had the grilled chicken sandwich. This was not your run of the mill chicken sandwich! Sliced grilled chicken, delicious. And the sweet potato fries were amazing! So glad he shared!

Orchard Lake
“Soup and Sandwich was never better!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My husband and I were driving through Pennsylvania and wanted to stop for a quick lunch. We have always loved Ligonier and were sure we could find something there. We found The Kitchen on Main because of the tables on the sidewalk. We were warmly welcomed and took a seat indoors. I ordered the corn chowder and the shaved ham/brie sandwich to share.
This soup was the BEST corn chowder I had. It was served in an attractive bowl with a roasted red pepper garnish with basil oil. It tasted as good as it looked. The sandwich had exceptionally good ham and was grilled to perfection. My husband had the soup of the day, an Italian sausage / garbanzo that was more like a stew. He was greatly impressed as well.
I look forward to returning to Ligonier and enjoying another great meal.

“Not what you think”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

It is not a diner, not a fancy restaurant, they are not sure what to be. They try to be super fancy and creative. It falls short of just providing good food. It's expensive as well or maybe my food pallet is not refined for this eatery

1 Thank Robertvhigh
maryland
“Good food but super noisy”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Went on a Sat. night and the place was almost full. Looked like mostly locals (they seemed to know one another). I got the seared tuna tacos and my husband got the lamb. Both were good but the restaurant had only hard surfaces so we felt the noise level was distracting. If we lived around there, doubt we'd go back because of the noise. Oddly, our peach crisp desserts were not even warm, though the bowls themselves were burning hot. Couldn't figure out how they managed that and we ate them without complaining.

Visited July 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“One of our favorites!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We are frequent guests for breakfast at the Kitchen on Main so I felt it was important to write a review. This is no doubt one of our favorite restaurants. The food is consistently great and the staff is welcoming and friendly. They offer homemade jams for breakfast that you will never forget. --everything from carrot cake to strawberry margarita. The atmosphere is bright and clean with a modern decor. This kids menu selection is also a big hit with our eight year old daughter. We travel far to get to this restaurant and it is so worth it!