“Another great stay at Campbell House!”

Campbell House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 4 Ligonier B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I had another great stay at Campbell House Bed and Breakfast in Ligonier. Each time, the innkeeper goes above and beyond in all she does - from the time you arrive until the time you leave - if you have a need she is readily available to assist and extend any helping hand possible. The Inn is comfortable at all times and you will never leave the breakfast table dissatisfied! All I can say is if you are not happy here, you will not be happy anywhere! I am looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
myplace93, Manager at Campbell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for returning to Campbell House. I am pleased you enjoyed your second visit and are looking forward to a next visit. Thank you for giving me tips on my mini ipad. Patti

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I will never go here again. she has sign everywhere telling you want you cannot do. I heard her down talking her own staff while breakfast was being made. I cannot believe this place has been in business for so long with such a terrible woman. She made remarks that the towels were not re-folded. I paid enough, made reservations in advance, never complained, and yet any time I was about to sat something there she is huffing and puffing. Honest to pete, how can anyone stand her. My favorite part has to be the 'where is your vehicle comment" followed by the 'place your bags here not there' If i wanted to stay with an over bearing, spiteful person I would have stayed at my mother in laws.
NEVER, EVER, EVER will i return to the dreadful Campbell House B&B

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank queen a
Pattistillthe1, Owner at Campbell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Wow, I have no idea where to begin to respond to this review. There seems to be an unmasked anger directed at me as I seem to remind the reviewer of a mother in law. I was speechless at first.
There was only one couple who traveled with friends during June, the couple who stayed several nights have the name used on this review-their friends met here for a one night stay. While I couldn't believe the Queens were unhappy with their visit, I called them to accept my apology. I have spoken with them several times and have their permission to say they did infact, have a wonderful time, and as Becky reminded me is demonstrated by the review left in the guest book in their room.

The second couple arrived long before check in-to which we made accommodations by taking their luggage early then placing in the room when they arrived back. I provide luggage racks for guests convenience I do ask them not to place their luggage on the bed (germs and cleanliness) as for parking this is a residential neighborhood where I provide off street parking for all guests while being a good neighbor. I do remember the gentleman argued aggressively about his assigned parking to the point it carried on to the next morning.

I don't know what I could have done differently as I am confused as to what I did to bring on such anger.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

During our one-night stay we realized Patti had thought of everything a guest could need or want: M&Ms (!), other snacks, cold lemonade, wine, lots of fluffy towels, mouthwash (!), etc. Although I am not 'into' Victorian style, I realized she had put a lot of careful thought into the decor and there were a lot of interesting things to look at. We stayed in the Painted Ladies room, which was spacious enough and had a comfortable bed. There was no roadside noise, either because it was soundproofed well or because the town is just quiet at night. Patti's breakfast was really tasty-- and plentiful -- I didn't eat again until about 4 p.m. She also helped us in getting tickets for Fallingwater and Kentuck Knob.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

It was a pleasure having you as guests-I was thrilled that you enjoyed your breakfast so much. All the other things that go into a B&B is work but offering a tasty breakfast and seeing your satisfaction makes my day.
I hope you enjoyed your tour of the Wright Property and will come back soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We went there for our 26th anniversary and were very happy there. The room was amazing as well as the location and how close it is to everything in the town. The breakfast provided was so good and was served with a very at home feel to it. We loved it and as I said, want to go back each year.

Room Tip: The suite is top notch, it has privacy and has it's own back porch.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dino B

What a great compliment you have paid me. "I want you to come back every year" just as much.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Finding ourselves in the Ligonier area for the wedding for my wife's best friend's daughter, we decided to stay in the area overnight and booked a room for the night at a place my wife had stayed recently with some friends, Campbell House B&B. Patti began by accommodating us by having our key ready so we could check in slightly earlier, allowing us to focus on why we were there and not to have to leave the reception early or leave mid-reception to check in. The room, the Campbell Salon, I believe was the name, was very spacious, and when we returned for the night, the bed was welcoming and provided a great night's sleep. In the morning we had the opportunity to attend a local church and then return for breakfast. Patti accomodated us being a bit tardy and served up a wonderful crepes treat, keeping with a Memorial Day Theme, garnished in Red White and Blue fruits and syrups, some of which were her own receipt. We enjoyed the conversation about local history and sights to see. Everything was fantastic, and, charged up with great food, we set off for some exploring. As far as the decor, the nick-nacks and artifacts were very interesting and the stay was fun. Thanks Patti. Plan to see you again!
Frank and Sherry

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I am so happy you enjoyed your visit and I was able to provide you with a "great experience"
while in the Laurel Highlands.
I hope you will visit again.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

This was our wedding night stay before traveling out of state. We booked the suite with a couples massage package in room. The suite is tastefully decorated, spacious, and private. The massage was very relaxing. The breakfast served in room was delicious! This was such a wonderful experience, we will definitely return for a relaxing escape weekend! Thank you Patti!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Patti C, Owner at Campbell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Chip and Gina, thank you for spending your wedding night at Campbell House. Chip, I am so happy you brought your bride to Ligonier on the recommendation of our mutual friend and guest, Chris. Gina, it was my pleasure having you here on your special day. I am delighted that you enjoyed your suite, couples massage and breakfast. Your comments about not wanting to leave say it all. You two are special. I wish you much happiness as Mr. & Mrs. Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 February 2014

We have stayed at Campbell House B& B many times and have had a pleasant experience. Unfortunately, the last time we stayed here, we were very disappointed. The rooms are still very clean and beautifully decorated, but the service was not up to par. We felt on edge and uncomfortable the whole time due to the constant reminders of the rules. We could not relax because we were afraid of doing something wrong. We were reprimanded by management for dirtying a towel. Even though we were staying in the Campbell Suite, a private room, management made a derogatory comment when I wasn't properly dressed for breakfast. The breakfast was also not as enjoyable this time. The food was not up to par and there was too much talking by management. We were there for a private time together, not to hear about management's issues or daily itinerary. After many happy times and happy memories at Campbell House B&B , we will probably not be back.

• Stayed: December 2013
9  Thank SMALINO
myplace93, Owner at Campbell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

I am sorry you were disappointed with your (3rd) December Getaway at Campbell House and with me, the Innkeeper.
I appologize for engaging in conversation when I served you breakfast (actually that was insensible on my part) I based breakfast food selection and portions on past visit notes-I pride myself with serving a nice breakfast-however in this case I seemed to fail. I would have been happy to have more food if you would have mentioned it to me.

You are correct, I did retrieve the new Christmas hand towel with coffee grounds on so that I could try to get the stains out immediately, noting there was paper towels available. I am not sure what a private room has to do with the towel or clothing worn at breakfast. If I indicated there was something wrong with breakfast attire-I don't remember...actually I really don't care as long as there is some type of clothing.

After reflection I think I forgot you were paying guests and treated you to familiarly and that was a mistake. I am sorry for your disappointment and my lack of sensitity.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ligonier
Ramada Ligonier
Hampton Inn Greensburg
#1 of 10 in Greensburg
Wingate by Wyndham Latrobe
Holiday Inn Express Somerset

Been to Campbell House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!