“Every Stay is Lovely!”

Campbell House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 4 Ligonier B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 October 2010

My husband and I celebrated our first anniversary at Campbell House Bed & Breakfast, and had yet another lovely stay while there. A year earlier, Patti had planned our elopement and her planning and execution of our wedding was wonderful.

I've stayed at Campbell House with a girlfriend for a "Girl's Retreat," and I've stayed alone simply for some peace. Every stay has been a joy. The rooms are all beautiful, beds are comfortable, I love the different old-fashioned bathtubs, the all around comfort and privacy are what I've needed, and the breakfasts have all been delicious.

I look forward to more stays at Campbell House.

1  Thank joan728
There are newer reviews for Campbell House Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 19 October 2010

Just spent a fantastic week-end in Ligonier. Beautiful weather, nice guests to mingle with-enjoyed the porch, a glass of wine and intimate conversation. We love the Laurel Highlands, Ligonier and our favorite getaway...Campbell House!
We brought another ornament for the guest tree in our suite for Patti and her guests to enjoy and discuss. We visited relatives, friends old and new...now we can't wait to come back next year.
Note: We had to cancel our reservation two years ago, paid the cancellation fee with out a problem. Every business has business practices especially when it comes to cancellations. We lost a large deposit at a beach resort because of a death. Just don't know what the problem is. Oh well, I hope any one wanting a great getaway, delicious breakfast, and a warm and friendly atmosphere...and the Laurel Highlands choose Campbell House.

1  Thank brandiwine4paws
Reviewed 19 October 2010

This was the third time we've stayed with Patti, each time better than the previous. We were in Ligonier for the Fort Ligonier Days, so we stayed October 8th and 9th. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and had all the little amentties that pamper you during your stay. Breakfast is always something to look forward to, and she made everything even more special Saturday, the day of the town parade. My wife and I had a wonderful stay,
and look forward to our next stay. Patti goes out of her way to spoil you, almost like staying with a relative. Thanks again Patti, see you next time.

2  Thank wtwj50
Reviewed 17 October 2010

My husband and I have been staying at Patti's Campbell House twice a year for the last 5 or 6 years and have loved every visit. We have gotten to be friendly with Patti and always look forward to seeing her. We understand she is running a business and has certain rules and guidelines that we as guests need to follow. This has never been a problem for us, as we have always read and made sure we understood the fine print at any place that we stay. We would recommend staying at Patti's to anyone as the Hostess, the House and the Town are all totally awesome.
Laura & Carroll B
Jefferson, MD

1  Thank cnlbart
Reviewed 7 October 2010

Booked reservations 9/16 for 4 sisters. Younger sister died 9/28, and I cancelled that very day. Patti charged us $60.00, as we had two rooms she had to unbook, and she was adament that she must carry through with HER BUSINESS POLICIES. We recommend you avoid this place like the plague. If Patti has no problem being unmindful of the death of a customer, how do you suppose she is with the living? Oh my!
The 3 surviving sisters will never patronize Campbell House, nor any other B&B with such heartless "rules". We'd prefer a clean, well appointed motel, that allows all charges dropped with a 24 hr. notice. Pam Teckmyer

Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
15  Thank SistersEuclid_Oh_USA
myplace93, Owner at Campbell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2011

Campbell House B&B has a cancellation policy which is posted on line, given on the phone and sent with the confirmation as was done in this case.

The same cancellation/refund policy was followed with this person as with all others. One can not decide to dislike the policy only when it effects them during a cancellation. This woman could have canceled the same day as she made the reservation after reading the cancellation policy. Every cancellation and or date modification has a service fee...this is a business and it wouldn't have been fair for me to not charge her just because she called me names and threatened me. As I explained to this woman...if I don't charge you I would have to give money back to all those who have paid it.
My advise is to check cancellation policies...if you don't find it meets your needs then select a lodging establishment that does.

Reviewed 23 September 2010

My husband and I have visited the Campbell House at least 4 times now and have loved every visit. Patty is a no nonsense lovely lady who puts her heart and soul into everything she does. Our first visit started late in the evening and we walked into a room that was delicately lit and filled with lovely soothing music. What a welcome after a longer than usual drive! The next morning we were served in our suite because we were celebrating a special event. We could not have felt more welcome!

Now we go back for anniversaries, birthdays and family reunions. Patty is a fabulous person who goes out of her way to make our stay extra special each time we visit. We will definitely be visiting again. If you're lucky, maybe she'll fix her famous pears for you. :o)

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank runwithsue
Reviewed 15 August 2010

Booked a fri night for our 1 year anniversary with my girlfriend, In emails Patty confirmed dietary restictions, likes/dislikes, any special reason for the visit....ect. Couldn't have been a better night.. We got there late and was welcomed in like an old friend, Patty asked if we ate, which we hadn't and we asked her for a recomendation, she called a local restaurant "the Ivy" (great little place) and got us a table. We walked down for dinner, strolled around the quite peaceful town. Had a great nights sleep. Breakfast was prompt, and really good. My girlfriend was impressed which just made me look good for booking there. We will be back and we will stay longer...... Thanks Patty!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank slyeager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ligonier
Ramada Ligonier
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe
Hampton Inn Greensburg
Hampton Inn Greensburg
#1 of 10 in Greensburg

Been to Campbell House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!