“One of the worst pizzas I have had” 2 of 5 bubbles

Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, American
Good for: Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Penny's Pizza offers:Pizza, Bolies, Calzones, Lasagana, Side dishes. Penny's has been in business since 1970 and has been listed in the Philadelphia Magazine as top pizza places. Our sweet sauce and cornmeal crust is a local favorite.
Barto, PA
“One of the worst pizzas I have had”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

We kept hearing how good this pizza was from people in the area and thought, well I guess we should try it....mistake. I ordered a large pizza with onions. The crust is some kind of funky cornmeal, but was ok. What was terrible was, one the sauce, it was way too sweet, but the absolute worst thing was the fact that they used dehydrated onion flakes as the onions??? Are you kidding me! When I order a vegetable on my pizza, I expect the actual vegetable, not dehydrated flakes. The whole pizza tasted artifiical. Will not go ther again and would never recommend it to someone I like.

Visited February 2011
3 Thank cookingallday

Been to Pennys Pizza? Share your experiences!