“Worth every cent!”
Review of General Sutter Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lititz
General Sutter Inn
Ranked #4 of 10 Lititz B&B and Inns
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Worth every cent!”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Never stayed on site, because we live in town, but we eat regularly at the Sutter. The meals are always prepared like few can do it. The dining room is precious. The hotel bar, while small, is welcoming. The patio is the best the town has to offer in camaraderie in terms of staff and customers. Great place for any reason. Located next to the Bulls Head.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Turkish first
Tuckerton, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 September 2013

First, let me say, We will go back again. Our room, 222, was lovely. It faced on the alley and was very quiet. In addition to the bed, there were two chairs (which we love). My complaint is that the bathroom needed painting, the shower curtain needed changing (worn-not dirty) and the radiator needed dusting behind it. The shower ran all night (more than dribbled). I reported this and was told it was all being worked on. We'll see. We love the location so much, we'll return. Steps are difficult for my husband. There is no one to take your bags upstairs. We managed, but would have preferred some help. It is a creaky old building and very charming, nicely decorated. If you can overlook some of the signs of aging, I would recommend all it has to offer. The pub next door (attached) has great crab cakes and many beers to try (a limited menu but well varied). It has an active bar scene and is very busy. There is also a very popular restaurant attached. We did not try the Continental Breakfast at the hotel. There is a shop down the street, I think is called Chocolate that has lattes etc and organic omelets etc. We love this shop, so we ate there. There are many other attractions in walking distance that make this a worthwhile destination. Check in times are generous and much less restrictive than B&Bs.

Room Tip: Since steps were an issue and there is no elevator, we chose the second floor. We were happy with 2...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My wife and I spent the night at the General Sutter Inn for a little one day getaway to Lititz. The room we stayed in definitely retained its old charm. If you enjoy history as I do, this is a cool little inn. The room we stayed in was facing the main st and I believe over top of the Bulls Head Pub. The street noise didn't bother me, but it was a bit loud at times until around midnight. We stayed in room 212. We had some great craft beers and nachos at the Bulls Head, just down the stairs to the right. . I would highly recommend stopping in Bulls Head. We would lodge here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Shawsville, Virginia
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This hotel is within walking distance to both the Wilbur Chocolate Factory, Sturgis Pretzel Factory, Lititz Springs Park, and lots of shops and restaurants. It is an old historic hotel, so don't expect plush amenities. We found the hotel comfortable and it fit our needs. The hotel restaurant is top notch, so do miss having a beer and dinner. The breakfast is simple and no frills, but it does the job.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Tewksbury, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We just spent 4 nights on a soft bed in a comfortable room. The antique charm made the stay restful- The staff was open, kind and responsive. I asked for something and it appeared. The night clerk, Laurie, made sure we were comfortable, offered tourist advice and even advice on beers. The attached pub has a beer list that was extensive, but the bartenders were knowledgeable and offered samples after we described what we liked. This Inn was one of the best parts of staying at "The coolest small town in America"

Room Tip: No fridge, but coffee in the room. Old building, stairs to get to the room. Very homey atmosphere
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Lier, Belgium
Reviewed 18 August 2013

location is fine and the terrace nice. We drank and ate at the bar. My kids had their first burger and loved it. For them the plate was large enough. We ordered a "large"plate of salmon. Based on the stories of the enormous portions we orded 1 large plate for 2. This was a very huge disappointment.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
York, Pa
Reviewed 7 August 2013

My daughter and I wanted to experience historical Lititz. We love visiting new places and staying in quaint inns and hotels. Lititz was beautiful and had extremely friendly people. The General Sutter Inn also had wonderful, friendly people. I have personally stayed in other historical hotels and have never been disappointed. Unfortunately this Inn disappointed me. When you first walk in, the scenery was beautiful. That's where my joy ended. We stayed in room 204. I can't review other rooms but lets just say, the room doesn't match up with the picture online. When we first walked in, we saw peeling wallpaper, stains on ceiling throughout the room and bathroom, water damaged coffee table. The room needed an overhaul. This can be done without disturbing the historical integrity. We walked in disappointed but didn't let it ruin our night together, since the bed was divine! We ate the continental breakfast the next morning. Nothing memorable. Bagels, English muffins and granola bars, all displayed in their bags.... I just think this particular Inn needs to take the time to focus on the finer details.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Di1960
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lititz
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites/Lititz
Lancaster Arts Hotel
Lancaster Arts Hotel
#5 of 39 in Lancaster
Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster

Been to General Sutter Inn? Share your experiences!