“Recommend this place to everyone!”
Review of Swiss Woods

Swiss Woods
Ranked #2 of 10 Lititz B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 September 2012

My husband and I stayed 2 nights here in September during the Hershey RV show. Driving up to the B&B, I was a little worried at first because you drive what seems like deep into the woods without seeing the house for a while. Then you come upon the house and it is just beautiful. First impressions on the house were wonderful. The whole setup of the house and the stunning property made me excited to stay here. We were greeted by the owner who told us where everything was and explained what was nearby to see and do.

Each room has it's own door to the outside so you can come & go without having to bother the other guests. We stayed in the Wilheim Tell room and my only "complaint" was that the water pressure in the shower was hardly there. This would not be enough of a "complaint" to keep me from staying here again and again.

We helped ourselves to coffee and I had a delicious chocolate cupcake with peanut butter icing from their common area. My husband had the chocolate tea. The bed was extremely comfortable and warm. Breakfast in the morning consisted of greek yogurt with fruit, a tomato/bacon quiche & veggie quiche, three or four different muffins and apple fritters. Everything is tasty and fresh. The second night we had some coffee & tea again and I had some chocolate chip cookies. We took one of their games back to our room and played a couple rounds.

The second morning we didn't get to enjoy breakfast because my husband wasn't feeling well. I took a walk around the property, checking out their many different gardens and bee hives. Plus they have an amazing view of the valley.

We checked out and they asked if we wanted to take the breakfast to go but we decided not to. I bought some of their kitchen soap for myself and some gifts.

I would recommend and have recommended this place to everyone. It is such a beautiful location, nice and quiet, & the owners & kitchen staff are so nice and welcoming. I hope we have the opportunity to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tip03

Reviewed 1 August 2012

Year after year, this is the place to return to in all seasons. Great staff, plenty of grounds to explore. Breakfasts are fabulous. Besides the breakfast their is afternoon tea and cookies. Easy driving to nearby attractions. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Paul P
Reviewed 27 July 2012

From the time I drove up and until I drove away, I knew I had picked the right place to stay! This lovely B & B is a comfortable work of art, from their grounds, their rooms and their breakfasts. The staff is incredibly friendly and knowledgeable about anything to see/do in Lancaster Co. I took advantage of their very reasonable midweek special and stayed 5 nights. The serene surroundings are just what I needed to rejuvenate my soul. I could have stayed all day hiking the trails, walking the grounds, reading in the gardens, reflecting at the koi pond...but I also took advantage of the lovely sights around Lancaster county that were just a short drive away.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Twheat911
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We recently stayed at Swiss Woods Bed and Breakfast for a 3 night mini vacation. Although the weather for the first 2 days left a lot to be desired, we really enjoyed ourselves. Since this was the first time in a bed and breakfast, we were pleasantly surprised. Not only do you get breakfast, but all day long you are able to munch on sweets with coffee. Bottled water as well as all types of sodas are available any time and are included. Even though a water softener is used on the premises, delicious well water is available from a separate faucet in the kitchen. Our bed was somewhat noisy but otherwise the room was nicely furnished and everything was very clean. When you first come in, there is a large living room with fireplace and many books should you want to read.

It really is a place for relaxation, but should you want action, Lancaster is a short drive away with many outlet centers and restaurants and of course the beautiful sceneries. We saw a show at the Sight and Sound Theater. It is a good idea to book ahead since that theater is almost always fully booked. There also is the Wilbur Chocolate factory in Lititz as well as a pretzel factory. We had the option to have dinner at a nearby Amish Home which we took advantage of. The owners Werner and Debby were very friendly and informative. The woman who helps out with breakfast (I can't remember her name) was also super. When we return again I hope the weather will cooperate.

4  Thank LydNH
Reviewed 7 May 2012

This is one of the best B & B's I've ever stayed in. Where do I begin - from our arrival surrounded by beautiful gardens to the comfortable first floor room with it's own outside patio/entrance to the delicious enticing breakfast, Swiss Woods is designed for your comfort and pleasure. Debby and all the staff are accommodating and helpful. It was also reassuring to find that an environmental attitude is part of the atmosphere. Recycling is encouraged and those non-ecofriendly individual shampoo/conditioners are replaced by European style dispensers with high quality bath products. Everyone is made to feel at home and encouraged to relax. This was a wonderful choice for a 25th anniversary celebration. We will return.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

Just stayed at the Swiss Woods, May 4th - 6th. It was my first bed and breakfast. I felt like a kid living in a fairy tale. The house and gardens were stunning and very well kept. The staff were friendly, as well as helpful with finding things in the area to do. We talked to other guests that have been going there for years now. To me I think that speaks volumes to the atmosphere and down to earth feel. We felt like part of the family. The breakfast in the mornings were delicious to the point we were all going back for 2nd and 3rds. We absolutely loved it there and are already talking about going back but this time booking several rooms for friends and family to join us.

1  Thank Kellee K
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We loved our experience at the Swiss Woods. The B&B was immaculate. Our room very spacious and comfortable. Debbie and Werner were very friendly and very accomodating in helping us plan our day of hiking and antiquing. The breakfasts were excellent with lots of delicious choices. We definitely plan to return in the fall! Also, the restaurants they recommended Haydn Zug and General Sutters Inn were both outstanding choices.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank annsusan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lititz
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites/Lititz
Lancaster Inn & Suites
#5 of 7 in Manheim
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Hammer Creek Hideaway Bed & Breakfast

Been to Swiss Woods? Share your experiences!