“Beautiful, Warm B&B - Great Breakfast,”
Review of Swiss Woods

Swiss Woods
Ranked #2 of 10 Lititz B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I purchased a deal for Swiss Woods from living social and it was an amazing experience. Swiss Woods is an incredibly warm B&B -- wonderfully decorated, impeccably clean, very homey and serving wonderful breakfast. I truly felt like I was in someone's home, in a good way.
Our bedroom was nicely decorated and, again, very clean. The room is not huge (but, then again, it's a B&B so I wasn't expecting huge) but the size was just fine and roomy. The linens were Clean, crisp and very comfortable. The bathroom was also very clean. The whole place even smelled clean (as you can see, I was very impressed by the cleanliness).
The grounds at Swiss woods are serene and lovely to take a walk through, and the fire place in the living room is an added bonus at night.
Breakfast was delicious and ample and coffee and tea, as well as homemade cookies and deserts, were always available.
Swiss Woods is on a back road so you can see lots of the country going to and from. It's about 25 minutes from Lancaster City, the Lancaster outlets or Kitchen kettle Village by car, on average.
I loved Swiss Woods and would definitely stay here again. I give it my full recommendation.

Room Tip: There is no fitness center---I selected the option by mistake.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at Swiss Woods for 3 nights and we were treated wonderfully by every staff member from check in to check out. Debbie and Werner are perfect hosts. We were given a tour of the b&b upon arrival and made to feel very welcome. The rooms and beds are warm and inviting, and the B&B is on 30'acres so the noise level is minimal to none, except for the sounds of nature. The common area always had coffee, loose teas, and fresh baked goods to snack on. The breakfast foods were absolutely delicious and filling. The town of Lititz is very charming and a great place to visit. There are many things to see and do in the area or you can choose to just relax, your choice. We can't wait to visit Swiss Woods again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Always a treat to stay here. Debbie and Werner run a wonderful inn. All the rooms are comfy/cozy. Everything is soft to the touch and spotless. The gardens in bloom are lovely. They build a fire outside on cool evenings and have the fireplace going on any cold night. Tea and delicious cookies areavailable in the main room 24/7 along with games and an array of places to sit near the fire. Breakfast is to die for. Swiss Woods is part of "Eight Broads inthe Kitchen" web site for fabulous brunch recipes from 8 reknown inns around the country. Breakfast is always a highlight. It is in the woods and therefore, peaceful and quiet.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms facing the gardens but if you want easier access and to come in and out on the sa...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I found this place through a livingsocial email I got a few weeks ago. We stayed here over a long weekend for our first wedding anniversary. Originally, we had not planned to do anything special, but when I saw the deal and saw there was availability for our anniversary weekend I felt that we couldn't pass it up. I've always wanted to visit Lancaster county and this seemed like the perfect (not to mention affordable) opportunity.

The inn is very cozy and inviting. We enjoyed some time out by the fire pit our first evening there. Breakfasts were fabulous and they did a great job accommodating my need for gluten-free meals. We did not need lunch at all since breakfast was so filling! While in the area, we browsed in the shops in downtown Lititz during their monthly Second Friday event, took a walking tour of downtown Lancaster, visited Lapp Valley Farm for some wonderful Amish ice cream, had a great anniversary dinner at General Sutter's Inn in downtown Lititz, visited the nearby wolf sanctuary (definitely worth the money), & went to a Hershey Bears game (and stopped at Hershey's Chocolate World for a hot cocoa before the game). It was great to be able to come back to the inn to unwind and relax after our outings. The coffee pot is always full and there are plenty of baked treats available for those who don't have dietary restrictions. There are also tons of different loose leaf teas to choose from. The staff was very welcoming and friendly, and we met some other very nice couples, which helped make breakfast more enjoyable. I would highly recommend Swiss Woods for a nice long weekend off the beaten path.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2013

As a Select Registry property I was expecting more than it provided. I am glad others felt they had a good experience and were not disappointed.The lesser expensive room, where we stayed, was small and and the bath very small and rather dated. The husband was very friendly and even built a fire for us in the outdoor pit. The wife was evidentally recovering from an illness so we did not have contact with her, naturally. The property was good for a walk but the road traffic could be heard while outside. Breakfast was adequate, but not unique in any way( at a family style table)..Some of the area around the house might benefit from some landscape work. We have stayed in well over 100 B and Bs so feel we are perhaps a bit more particular.

Room Tip: I understand the most expensive room is a better choice.
Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank planned
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Quiet location, beautifully-kept (and extensive) grounds, marvelous staff, attractive furnishings, comfortable room, excellent breakfast... this inn does everything right. It was worth every minute of the two-hour rush-hour drive from Philadelphia; and we're looking forward to making the trip again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank PHLRick
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My husband and I got married in Lititz, PA and had our reception at Swiss Woods, with the bridal party and some family staying at the inn. The owners are wonderful and accomodate in whatever way they can and the property was absolutely gorgeous!! We love the decor, with the Swiss influence radiating throughout the property. The food at the inn was to. die. for! The rooms were nice and clean, and we had such an amazing experience from beginning to end and they helped to make the stress of reception planning a cinch. Also, we ordered their honey for favors- probably the best honey I've ever tasted, and they make it on site! I highly recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone looking for a nice, relaxing weekend with excellent courtesy and service. It's also a beautiful location for anyone getting married :) I couldn't say enough about how much I love Swiss Woods!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kala B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lititz
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites/Lititz
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Lancaster Arts Hotel
Lancaster Arts Hotel
#4 of 40 in Lancaster

Been to Swiss Woods? Share your experiences!