“Great Place!”

Ranked #7 of 10 Lititz B&B and Inns
Annville, Pennsylvania
“Great Place!”
Reviewed 10 July 2011

I rented the inn for a birthday weekend. The location was great! We enjoyed catching up and people watching on the front porch. Breakfasts were delicious and John and Lyndell were very accommodating. I highly recommend this inn. A perfect get away!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank aethoover

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed 31 May 2011

The Alden house is the kind of B&B I would probably run if I were so inclined. Clean, efficient, with not too much kitschy antique-shop over-abundance in the decor. The breakfast was very well prepared and served by the somewhat voluble, somewhat reserved innkeepers. A squeaky bed somewhere in the back of the inn was an occasional annoyance. I plan to return again to sample one of the other rooms available. During a brief tour of the inn during turnover, I was impressed with the layout of the rooms I was able to view. It is located within striking distance of most everything in Lancaster County, and boasts not only a chocolate factory, but a pretzel bakery!

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Icondaemon
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 December 2010

This past June, my wife and I stayed at the Alden House for several days as part of our honeymoon. I grew up in Lancaster County, but definitely saw a different, more elegant and historic side of it during our visit. John and Lynndell went out of their way to serve us, recommending to us various shops in the area where we could purchase gifts for my friend, who was getting married that weekend, and even finding a dining gift certificate that we could use during the days we were there.

We stayed in the Carriage House, and were amazed by how spacious, comfortable, and private it was. We also enjoyed the chocolate, tea, and coffee that were supplied in generous quantities. The breakfasts were lavish and always provided a good start to our days. Altogether, the Alden House was the best bed and breakfast at which we stayed during our honeymoon, and we look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed 19 September 2010

I chose Alden House Bed and Breakfast because of it's walk to town location- and it could not have been better. All the other B and B's were a car ride in to town. The B and B was so comfortable, clean, safe, welcoming and just perfect. The rooms have everything you need with comfortable bedding, TV with DVD, great bathroom, toiletires and a hair dryer. Snacks are left out and you can come and go with privacy. The front porch is a fun place to sit on old fashioned rockers and watch all the people going through town. Breakfast by Lynn was a delight. The town of Lititz is really an enjoyable place to shop with many many up scale (but priced right) home decor, furnishings, crafts and clothing shops. I loved my stay and would highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Delaware
Reviewed 1 September 2010

We stayed at the Alden House on 4th. of July weekend and we had a great time. John and Lyndell are very nice host and hostess. They made you feel very welcome. We watched the parade on the front porch and they had extra touches like ice cream, fruit and pretzels as we watched. Our room was very cozy and clean. We already have rooms booked same time next year.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Newark, D
Reviewed 10 August 2010

My wife and I recently celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary. We were married in Lititz, and I decided to surprise her with a trip back there. I selected the Alden House based on the reviews from Trip Advisor, and we were not disappointed. This B&B is centrally located in the heart of Lititz. A charming old home that is tastefully decorated. We stayed in the Tea Rose Suite, which has a separate bedroom and sitting room. You can access your room either from the upstairs hallway in the house, or up a spiral staircase to a porch on the back of the house. My only complaint is that the bed was a little too firm for my taste. Otherwise, everything about our stay was delightful.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Livingston, TX
Reviewed 9 August 2010

We stayed at Alden House 10 years ago, so when we decided to visit Lititz again, I naturally reserved rooms at Alden House again. The inn has changed ownership, but the rooms, breakfasts, and ambience are just as delightful as I remembered. There were 6 in our party this time, and all agreed this is a wonderful bed & breakfast in a most friendly town.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lititz
Lititz Inn & Suites
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Swiss Woods
Swiss Woods
#2 of 10 in Lititz

Been to Alden House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!