“Fantastic!!”

Hammer Creek Hideaway Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 10 Lititz B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 April 2013

My husband and I stayed 2 nights in the Prestige Suite and couldn't be happier with the experience. The B&B was fantastic, our room was perfect and extremely comfortable. Karen and Mil were gracious, warm hosts and we felt comfortable immediately. There was both a deck and patio that we could sit on and enjoy the beautiful views of the neighboring farms and yes the creek that runs along the property.
Karen is a wonderful cook and the 3 course breakfast was absolutely delicious, she was sure to check with us about any food allergies we may have.. At no point did we feel that we lacked privacy or were uncomfortable. My husband is a very early riser and felt right at home sitting in the living room reading. If you are looking for an anonymous person in a uniform standing behind a desk than stick to a Holiday Inn but if you want a peaceful, relaxing place to stay than I highly recommend the Hammer Creek Hideaway. My husband and I would have loved to stay longer and we are anxiously looking forward to a longer stay in the Fall.

Room Tip: Sorry for the rating on a pool, there is none but I don't know how to change. The Prestige Suite...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 April 2013

At first glance,I wasn't sure about staying in a modern home for a B&B. Not only was I wrong, but I found that by staying at this B&B I was blessed beyond my greatest experiences for B&Bs.Karen and Mill were the perfect hosts.My wife and I stayed in a spacious room on the bottom floor .This floor had its own great room for watching the basketball tournament or for visiting with other guests .
After dinner we returned to find turndown service along with some of the worlds finest chocolates.Cookies were on the table in the great room along with coffee from the Keurig. The next morning we were treated to a three course breakfast that can not be topped anywhere in the world.
Two nights at this B&B were a blessed place to be. Karen and Mill (a religious couple) were not imposing ,only sharing hospitality that was just so kind and gracious.

Room Tip: All rooms in this B&B offer a good choice. If you have trouble walking stairs then the room on t...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Woodstock46
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We spent two nights at Hammer Creek to celebrate our third anniversary. We stayed in the Prestige room right off of the living area on the first floor. Karen and Mill were delightful friendly hosts who went out of their way to make us feel pampered and special. We found a lovely rose plant in our room with congratulations. We also discovered homemade chocolate covered strawberries and chocolate in our room when we returned from our galavanting in Lititz. The three course breakfasts and the coffee were delicious each morning. Wonderful selection of gardening, decorating, and cooking magazines, as well as inspirational literature. Extremely comfortable king size bed. Exceptionally clean surroundings. Delightful conversation. We felt like we were leaving friends behind when we left.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer B
Reviewed 21 February 2013

My husband and I used a living social deal this week 02/17-02/19 and had a lovely two days staying with Karen and Mill. They really make you feel like family. The breakfasts were Delicious and our hosts were incredibly personable and knowledgeable about the area. We spent two hours at breakfast just chatting with Karen! While the exterior is not super impressive upon pulling in the driveway our suite (the Regal) was beautifully furnished and very clean and comfortable with a view of the surrounding woods and fields so it felt very private. Overall, and great time.

Room Tip: The Regal is downstairs and windows look out over fields and woods for a very private feel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kmmatero
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We came to Hammer Creek for our 13th wedding anniversary. We stayed in the Prestige Sweet which is right off the common area on the main living floor. The views from the room were terrific - we are looking forward to coming back when the leaves are changing colors. The room felt private. The french doors into our room are covered with beautiful, heavy maroon draping. Noise is minimal. You could smell breakfast from our room which was delicious each morning. Karen cooks a three course breakfast. I have food allergies and she was very accommodating. Karen and Mil know the area well and can direct you where to go and what to see depending on what your interests are. The weekend was full of good food and great conversation. The bed was extremely comfortable as well. I would highly recommend a stay here with Karen and Mil. I even left with farm eggs right from Karen's chickens! We will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: The Prestige Sweet is on the main living floor and has a king sized bed.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cathy S
Reviewed 23 September 2012

My wife and I had a great experience when we stayed here. Karen & Mil are extremely welcoming and are warm, friendly people. The Prestige Suite is spacious and beautifully appointed with high end furnishings, complete with flat screen TV, dvd player, & DirectTV. We had our own master bath that we did not have to share with others. There were 2 other couples staying in the B&B at the same time, but the home is so large that we never heard each other. Karen always has goodies to eat (she's a great baker). Breakfast was prepared and served to us like we were royalty. We give Hammer Creek B & B 5+++++ - can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: follow reviews written by others!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Steven G
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I do not recommend the Prestige Suite for any ‘makings of romance’ as their web site states. The “suite”, master bedroom, we were supposed to stay in is not private. It is located through double glass paned French doors, connected to the main living room. The glass panes are covered by fabric curtains. We discovered, sound from the kitchen travels into the “suite” after we brought our bags into the room and agreed to have the balance charged. The TV was on in the bedroom and we were able to hear the activity in the kitchen-on the other side of the living room- with the bedroom doors closed! The king bed is situated about 6 ft. in the room. Any "romance" will be adjacent to other guests, and the owners sitting in the living room. I was very uncomfortable with the arrangement. There are more windows from the deck into the bedroom .The “suite” felt like a fish bowl with curtains. My husband commented he thought if he sneezed we would hear, “bless you” from the living room”. We left for dinner and I was in tears. We drove back, and the owners had left so we left a note asking for a refund and to call if there were problems with the refund. We never received a call or refund of our close to $300. The Hammer Creek web site is misleading. The single family residence is not located near anything. It is located on a residential street, on about a 1/4 acre cleared lot, behind another home- no view. The living room is also the “sunroom”. Services were never rendered and they kept our close to $300.00. Mulch pile and rodent trap in front driveway. WiFI password is unprofessional bible words.

Room Tip: Did not see a good room to stay in at this residence.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
12  Thank familyfunMD4
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lititz
Lititz Inn & Suites
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Swiss Woods
Swiss Woods
#2 of 10 in Lititz

Been to Hammer Creek Hideaway Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!