“A local gem we looked forward to visiting again”
Review of Tomato Pie Cafe

Tomato Pie Cafe
Ranked #2 of 80 Restaurants in Lititz
Price range: US$1 - US$8
Cuisines: American, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: An urban style eatery with a unique, simple, flavorful menu.Quality Espresso & Brew Coffee.A cozy, intimate atmosphere.
Pennsylvania, USA
“A local gem we looked forward to visiting again”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We ate at this cafe last year while visiting the area for the rotary craft show. I can honestly say we were looking forward to dining here again and they exceeded our expectations! I had my two young children (9 & 8) with me this year and was pleased to see they had a children's menu. I hadn't noticed it on our last visit since they weren't with us. My mother ordered the ham and brie panini that I had last year and was just as pleased. She also tried their chilled watermelon soup and passed it around so we could all have a taste and it was so delicious and refreshing! I decided to order their namesake - the tomato pie. After consulting with the waitress I decided on the spinach and artichoke tomato pie and absolutely LOVED it! The tomatoes were so fresh and I liked the added depth of flavor from the spinach and artichokes. It's served with a green salad and outstanding herb scone. (I will interject here that I ordered a double serving of this pie to go at the end of our trip and my mother and I enjoyed it the next day.) My daughters were tickled pink with their sprites that came in a glass bottle and my mother and I loved our featured ginger peach iced tea. And now for the best part...the girls' meals. I cannot tell you how impressed I was at the creativity they put into their children's menu. When my girls ordered the "Rainbow Grilled Cheese" with fresh fruit I never expected the plate to look so bright and cheerful. We were seated outside and all the surrounding tables stopped when their sandwiches came out and complemented them on how lovely they were. So now this cafe has two new fans! Another year may be too long to wait to go back...

• Visited August 2014
TPCafe, Public Relations Manager at Tomato Pie Cafe, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
BornToTravel79, thanks for the 5 star review! We know it was extremely busy during the craft show, but we are happy that your visit was favorable. We are thrilled that your kids enjoyed the experience too!

• Polish first
Washington Dc, District Of Columbia
“Excellent restaurant”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We ate their signature tomato pies. They were absolutely delicious. Quite reasonably priced and good portions. Friendly staff. The restaurant is like a corner renovated house with lovely and rather unusual ambiance. Our server Hannah was very courteous.

Visited August 2014
Thanks Devn S for the 5 star review! It's always nice to know that our staff is pleasant & attentive.
Parkesburg
“Simply.... the BEST.”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I visited the charming town of Lititz with friends to attend the yearly craft fair (wow, what a HUGE craft fair with so much awesome stuff!). We're hungry! Lunch time! Let's eat here, at the Tomato Pie Cafe. GREAT idea! I had the signature tomato pie which comes with a small salad and an herb scone. OMG. To die for delicious! I also ordered the Dreamcake, a yellow cake cupcake with marshmallow cream, graham cracker crumbs, and chocolate dipped into dark chocolate. Blew me away. All of my other friends loved their choices, too. Thanks, TPC, I will be back!

• Visited August 2014
TPCafe, Public Relations Manager at Tomato Pie Cafe, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Jayveehave,
Thanks for the 5 star review! Sounds like you had some of our signature dishes. We think they are "simply....the best" too!
Ridley Park, Pennsylvania
“Tomato Pie a winner”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

First, know that this tomato pie is not the type served in Philadelphia or New York, which is what we expected. It is, however, really good. It's more like an actual pie with tomatoes in it. It was unusual but delicious.
Service was very good. The host outside was very helpful in getting us seated as quickly as possible on a busy day. The waitstaff was friendly and good at answering our many questions.
I would absolutely go to Tomato Pie again if I return to the area.

Visited August 2014
maryc93_10,
Thanks for the 5 star review! You picked one of the busiest days of the year to visit TPC! We are delighted you had a satisfying experience.
North Augusta, South Carolina
“Yummy!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This restaurant is an excellent choice for lunch. They serve breakfast until 2:00 so you can do breakfast for lunch. We ate out on the patio which was to the side and rear of the building so you were not on the main street. The menu choices were healthy but inviting. The portions were very large...sandwiches were big enough to share. The children's portions were large too.the restaurant was very quaint...a large old house. My only issue was with the restrooms. They are very small and would not be accessible with a walker or wheelchair. I wouLd go back again...the food was excellent.

• Visited August 2014
TPCafe, Public Relations Manager at Tomato Pie Cafe, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Hi Donna J,
Thanks for the 5 star review! Our menu proves that healthy can be delish!