“Redemption from the Chocolate Factory”
Review of Tomato Pie Cafe

Tomato Pie Cafe
Ranked #2 of 82 Restaurants in Lititz
Price range: US$1 - US$8
Cuisines: American, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: An urban style eatery with a unique, simple, flavorful menu.Quality Espresso & Brew Coffee.A cozy, intimate atmosphere.
Reviewed 30 March 2017

I have to admit, our main reason for going to Lititz, PA was to visit the Chocolate Factory which sadly is closed but the store is still there and yes we spent some money. They have samples too, but that is not this review. The Tomato Pie Cafe had THE BEST food and it good for you. Yes, it is good for you. I had the double bacon quiche, greens and herb scone. Ok so maybe a scone isn't the best for you, but WOW it was good. The tea is great and the menu selections are amazing. My friend had an egg and ham panini, that she really liked. The one thing that caught our eye was the spaghetti squash with meatballs, we were too early for that, but it will be on the list. The restaurant has two floors we were seated downstairs and it could be considered a little snug but everyone was fine, and the staff has plenty of room to move around. The service was not super fast but we had fun talking to all the people and slowing down from all the chocolate we had at Wilbur's. I would really recommend the Tomato Pie Cafe which we laughed at the name because raw tomato's give me hives. If you are in Lititz please stop in and give this place a try.

NMGroup, Public Relations Manager at Tomato Pie Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2017

We are so glad you stopped in!! Thank you for taking the time to review us!

Reviewed 29 March 2017

This is a fun place if you want something that is a bit out of the ordinary. We went there for a Sunday breakfast and what we loved was that it offered much more interesting fare that the old standbys. I had eggs over easy with the chessy grits cake, which I'll take any day instead of the usual home fries. Coffees are great and you can get with regular milk, fat free, and even almond milk. A place we're heading back to.

Reviewed 27 March 2017

I have eaten here on two different occasions when visiting the Lititz/Lancaster area, and it's been delicious on both occasions. I especially love their chicken salad. Want to try dessert, but always too full with just the entree.

NMGroup, Public Relations Manager at Tomato Pie Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2017

Thank you for your review!

Reviewed 25 March 2017

Whether your in the mood for just a really good cup of coffee, homemade pastry or heavenly dessert or a bite bigger, making it a meal with organic, farm to table creations, Tomato Pie Café will delight the "Total Foodie Lover" for sure!! My husband and I dine almost every week, during the summer, at the Harrisburg location because we live up there, but from time to time we visit Lititz and when we do, we often stop by the Lititz Tomato Pie, where it all began! We are BIG fans of their Curried Chicken Salad with candied pecans and herbed scone! So heavenly!! Flavor beyond measure! We are also BIG fans of their monthly specials! If you are in the area in August you MUST experience their Grilled Peach and Goat Cheese Salad! INCREDIBLE!!! One of best salads I EVER experienced before in my life! Their Lemon Balsamic Dressing is INCREDIBLE on both salads....I get it every time! You can also purchase it to take home with you! Sooooooo good! We often order one of their beverage specials too, to accompany dessert! Dessert is a must here even if you typically pass on it! Don't!! Sometimes if I'm full I'll just get dessert "to go" because there absolutely divine! My husband is always pleased if I bring him home something after dining here with a girlfriend! Yes, Tomato Pie Café is PERFECT for "girlfriend time!" I meet a girlfriend at least once a month at Tomato Pie for an affordable yet incredible refined and tasteful dining experience! I just can't say enough GREAT things about Tomato Pie Café! You'll just love it here!!

We appreciate your kind words!! Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us!

Reviewed 23 March 2017

We dinned upstairs in a nice room that felt more intimate then the downstairs. They had tons of options and breakfast is served until 2. They also had lots of gluten free options. And check out the tie dye bread!! Try the hummus platter as an appetizer. Our server wasn't the best but that didn't spoil it.