“I liked everything about this place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lititz
Forgotten Seasons Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 10 Lititz B&B and Inns
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“I liked everything about this place”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I'm not sure what to say that hasn't already been said in the other reviews - but I can say I highly recommend Forgotten Seasons.

The B&B is a charming, historic building (where the founding of the Moravian Community at Lititz began) that was once an inn. It's comfortable, spacious, clean and nicely furnished. There two sitting rooms, a "library" room with filled with local history books, photos and documents, a large dining room where breakfast is served and two big porches with chairs. There are 3 large guest rooms, two of which have en suite facilities.
Coffee and tea making facilities are located in one sitting room (available 24 hours) and fresh baked cookies were put out just after I arrived in late afternoon.

I stayed in the Count's Room, which had a king-sized four-poster canopy bed with traditional quilt, a big wing chair and a rocking chair, and a nice, peaceful atmosphere. My bath was across the hall (not shared), but I'm used to that in British B&B's, so I didn't mind. I liked that it faced the back of the house, away from the road.

The location is just far enough out of town to be peaceful but only 5 minutes drive to the center of Lititz, or about 20 minutes walk via a "linear park" that passes right by the B&B. Parking is plentiful.

The hosts, Jay and Kathy show endless hospitality towards their guests. They are friendly, accommodating and very knowledgeable. Kathy gave me an informative tour of the house when I arrived and both she and Jay were happy to talk about their work on the building and their lives in Lititz.

They also provided a copy of a circular driving tour they devised, which starts and ends at the B&B. It takes you through 5 covered bridges and miles of beautiful Amish farmland - the kind of scenery you don't see along the congested Route 30 corridor closer to Lancaster itself. I enjoyed it that immensely and saw dozens of horse and buggies and Amish families along the way.

Then there is the breakfast, which was fantastic. I don't know if breakfast is always that lavish, or if it's more of a weekend treat but it couldn't have been better. The day I was there we had Kathy's homemade rhubarb-pineapple juice, toasted homemade bread with jam and apple butter, fruit salad, an egg dish served with pork roll, and then giant waffles with fresh peaches. Many of the ingredients, including the fruit and eggs are fresh from their garden and farm. It's served family style in the tavern/dining room and lent itself to friendly conversation among the hosts and guests. You won't find a breakfast like this at any hotel!

Not only is the B&B close to the town of Lititz, but it's only a few miles to the PA Wolf Sanctuary at Speedwell and the Ephrata Cloister, both of which I enjoyed visiting. I would say this is a good location for any visit to the Lancaster area, not just the immediately local attractions.

Note that this is a peaceful place - good for conversation, reading, relaxing (and eating!) - there is no TV, radio or Wi-Fi, so if you can't live without that for a few days, it's not the place for you or your rambunctious children.

I was lucky to find a room on short notice, but you need to book quite far in advance when any of the big events in Lititz are being held.

Room Tip: Although it's a fairly quiet area in general, I prefer a room that faces away from the street...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Hampsteader

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

My in-laws surprised my wife & I with a weekend away here. This was out first stay in a B&B. Jay & Kathy are amazing hosts. They have done a fantastic job of restoring the old house to what it looked liked in the 1700's.
They make you feel at home and it feels nice to be disconnected from tv & internet for a short time.
I will say, you will not eat a better breakfast anywhere else! Kathy can cook. If you go hungry it's your own fault. We had fresh fruit, juice, waffles, pancakes, bacon, homemade buttermilk syrup & an egg quiche. All of it was delicious.
I may never stay at a hotel again.

Stayed June 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had booked for the 4th of July, but when Lititz postponed their celebration to the 5th, it was not a problem. We were able to switch our reservation to the 5th. We got a full tour of the house and a superb breakfast. We had an awesome getaway to Lititz and look forward to coming back again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank elfrank529
dallas
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We booked this B and B on short notice and are so glad we did. The home was built around 1732 and has been beautifully maintained. Very clean and comfortable, and original to the area. The area, the town, and history are wonderful. The hosts were so genuine and cooked up the best homemade- from-scratch breakfast I've ever had. Truly a gem

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank cwheeler66
New Jersey
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Forgotten Seasons is the perfect location for visiting interesting attractions in Lititz and the surrounding area. A long walk or short drive can bring you into this quaint little town's center, which offers great eating places and fun shops to explore. There is also a small park perfect for a walk or a picnic and don't miss the tour at Julius Sturgis Pretzel Bakery, where you can make your own pretzel. Also nearby is the Wolf Sanctuary and Ephrata Cloister, both offering very informative tours. The area is very pretty and the hosts will provide a Covered Bridges self guided tour, which will give a nice overview of the pretty farmlands. The Inn itself is rich in history, clean and comfortable. Mornings and sunsets on the big porch are perfect for conversation or reading. Kathy and Jay are the perfect hosts offering all that can make your stay as enjoyable as possible. The breakfasts are outstanding and healthy with some ingredients coming right from the owners' garden. We highly recommend a stay at this B&B!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mats336
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is what you expect from a bed and breakfast. The house is where the town of Lititz started when Count Zenzindorf spoke there in the early 18th century. The house has been beautifully restored, and the couple that own and run it are friendly and hospitable. They are very informative and provide the best and biggest breakfast that I have ever enjoyed. I would definitely recommend them and would go back if I ever return to the area.

Room Tip: I believe that there are only three rooms at this B&B, we chose Christians room because it has a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
USA
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Forgotten Seasons B&B is a beautiful historic home with friendly hosts. The house is one of the oldest buildings left in Lititz. The website, www.forgottenseasons.com, includes a history of the house and its former owners. The room rate is very reasonable, in comparison with other B&B's in the area. Our room (Jacob's Room), which has nice decorative touches and a quilt on the bed made by the hostess, has an en-suite bathroom. The shower has a place to sit. The bountiful breakfast was served family style - pancakes with delicious butter syrup, sausage, potatoes, bread and jam, fruit, yogurt, juice, and coffee. This was our second visit to this B&B. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lititz
Lititz Inn & Suites
#5 of 7 in Manheim
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Alden House Bed and Breakfast
Tea Kettle Inn Bed & Breakfast

Been to Forgotten Seasons Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!