“Great service”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites/Lititz
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lititz
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We met family at a central meeting place and had a nice room with king bed and a refrigerator. The checkin was handled quickly, we got the first floor as requested and all the employees at the front desk were so friendly and helpful. They recommended places to eat based on what we were looking. I discovered they forgot to leave shampoo, conditioner, lotion and soap. A call to the front desk and in less than 5 minutes they were delivered to the room with many appologies. Breakfast buffet was good with nice choices. A little pricey for Lititz but a nice, clean friendly place to stay

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank vaca21

Reviewed 26 June 2013

This is a great hotel to stay at for people visiting the Lititz area. And I've recently stayed here in December 2012 to see some friends after Christmas.

When I checked in, I was greeted with a warm good afternoon from the front desk. The lobby was empty, but was quiet. They gave me my key card and I went upstairs to my room. When I got in the room, it had a good smell to it, and there was not even one little crumb on the floor. I was amazed by how clean it was. Everything worked correctly and were treated respectively by previous guests.

The breakfast bar was not busy at all. There were only about five people in the buffet. One thing that I liked about HI Express's breakfast bar was that they had cinnamon rolls. Their cinnamon rolls are the best that I've had in any hotel. Everything was fresh and nothing was rotten or expired. It really filled me up.

The pool was nice and warm, and the whirlpool didn't have any problems like other ones do. The pool & spa was not crowded either. In fact, fifteen minutes before I left, it was completely empty.

The shower had hot water and there were no problems. The bed was VERY comfortable. I slept well. It was so comfortable, I would of stayed longer and missed the breakfast bar.

Before I checked out, I told I would be staying there again in the future, and that they know what they're doing.

Now, there's only one problem. The logo! That's right, the logo. It looks a the logo of a gas station It's not the fault of HI Express Lititz PA, it's the fault of IHG, the ones who dictate all the hotel companies they bought. Manager of HI Express, hear me out. Let's unite and protest against this new horrible logo. The old one was more appealing, especially the cursive writing, which was used on the first Holiday Inn Hotel. I understand the new modern trend, but this new logo is completely unacceptable. Because of this, I will rate this review three stars. It's nothing towards you, the employees, or the greatness of the hotel, it's towards the new logo.

Room Tip: Encourage the employees to protest against the new logo, and against the hotel dictating IHG.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Aaron B
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Stayed at this hotel the first part of June as part of a "cousin trip". The location was fantastic and very peaceful and we really felt safe. The rooms were very clean and the beds really comfortable. And, the staff was really helpful since I didn't know the area. Thanks for recommending a visit to the chocolate factory in town which is a must for all visitors. I really appreciate all their help in providing driving directions and suggesting "need to see" locations.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2013

This trip was slightly different from my normal routine as it was not 100% business. This time I took the wife and kids along for a long weekend.

From the moment we checked in until we left, absolutely every member of the staff was Kind, Friendly and Extremely accommodating to all of us.

The grounds, building, rooms and pool area were all perfectly clean and the internet service was fast enough for me to get work done during the day and to keep my daughters Netflix addiction running all night. Breakfast was the standard HIE menu. The beds were also the standard stiff springy bouncy type that seem to be the standard at many HIE's (This is something that could be stepped up a notch!)

If your in this area you owe it to yourself to try the Lititz family cupboard restaurant that's only a mile or so away.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BearHug111
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My family stayed at this hotel over the Memorial Day weekend along with two other families. Rooms were spacious and very clean, refrigerator and microwave included in our king-bed suite. Only problem we experienced was with some teenaged guests whose pool behavior left much to be desired; suggest that hotel take a more active role in ensuring that parents take responsibility for their kids. Otherwise, service and facilities were excellent - would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The hotel was clean and well maintained. The bed was fairly comfortable and the pillows were good with a soft and firm variety. Staff was friendly. It was nice to have the option to stay here as it was the best hotel in town. The wireless internet never worked and that was the only complaint. I had business to do while I was there, and could not get and keep a connection. I travel to that area a few times per year and will continue to stay there unless something better opens.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the top floor. 1st and 2nd floor you hear a lot of movement above you.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We had to leave our area during Sandy so we drove west and came upon the holiday inn, it was clean, pool was nice, large continental breakfast and the staff was great.
We decided to go to Hershey and the Lancaster outlets for Easter and even though this hotel was not the closest to either we stayed there because of the great experience we had the first time. Just as good the second!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lititz
Lititz Inn & Suites
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster
Hampton Inn & Suites Mount Joy / Lancaster West
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lancaster (Amish Country), PA

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites/Lititz? Share your experiences!