“An excellent choice for vegetarians”

Cafe Chocolate of Lititz
Ranked #2 of 6 Dessert in Lititz
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Lambertville, New Jersey
“An excellent choice for vegetarians”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We loved our recent meal at Cafe Chocolate in Lititz. In an area not all that vegetarian friendly, this place is an oasis, and the food was great. We had dinner following the annual craft show, and had the restaurant to ourselves. My African Peanut Soup was flavorful and filling, and the strawberry jicama salad (a special) was delicious and had a yummy lemon dressing. The standout was the mole chili, a main course my husband was lucky enough to order. Talk about delicious -- with complex smoky flavors. The only thing that could have made the meal more perfect is of they would have shared the recipe.

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank Heidi D

Howell, United States
“LOVED the crepes with fruit...”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

A very cute atmosphere (counter and tables) which serves up a cool menu. Lots of coffees, fraps, etc.. The french fries aren't the typical fries - they are oven baked potatoes! Yummy! But the whole wheat crepe stuffed with fruit and topped with whipped cream and chocolate was a special vacation lunch treat!

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Lynn Z
Schaefferstown
“A bit disappointing”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

As another reviewer wrote, the wait staff is very slow. We had to ask for utensils and napkins. And we never got a check--when we finally approached the counter, the person there informed us, she had our bill--and took our money, so we never saw the itemized bill. As for the food--we have eaten here a few times in the past years and found the food interesting, if a bit pricey. This time my husband and I both thought our soups and sandwiches lacked seasoning, which only added to our disappointment. The cafe is cute--kitchy--and deserves a bit better than this.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank herstoryprof
PA
“Amazing”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

During our day of visiting Lititz, PA, we opted to have a meal at Café Chocolate. What a great choice! Many selections. My husband is vegetarian and is many times relegated to a grilled cheese for a meal. Not at this restaurant. I had the West African Peanut Soup, which was delicious but not over-powering, and the smoked chicken panini special, also delicious, which came with a small amount of greens and their own dressing. I would have liked to have been able to get half a sandwich because it was just too much food. Their salad dressing is amazing and I hope they start selling it soon. I also had an Iced Turbo what was one of the best coffee drinks I have ever had... and I am a latte lover. My husband had the Chili con Chocolate - a hearty meal, very flavorful, and Key Lime Tart which he said was wonderful. The restaurant provided us with our own pitcher of water, which was very appreciated. I want to return to Lititz just so I can return to Café Chocolate!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Yucatan-Admirer
Fredonia, New York
“Real ginger ale?”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We've been meaning to stop here for awhile and we did.Carrol had a chicken wrap and I had a Cubano sandwich-both were very good and came with a small salad on the side.I tried the Real ginger ale(came in a bottle with a cloudy bottom which I stirred with a straw)which was pretty good(strong real ginger taste).We'd go here again.

Visited July 2014