“Birthday Dinner at The Black Bass”

Black Bass Hotel Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Black Bass Hotel Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$10 - US$28
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Greenhill Road
Description: The Black Bass is located on the scenic Delaware River in historic Bucks County, Pennsylvania, just 8 miles north of New Hope. The Black Bass is the perfect Bucks County setting to enjoy a fine dining experience in our riverside restaurant, more casual fare in our Tavern, or a luxurious weekend stay in one of our weddings or other special events as well as corporate meetings or gatherings.
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We visited the Black Bass for a celebratory birthday dinner for two on June 30, 2014.

We had requested a table adjacent to the window
and enjoyed a beautiful view of the river at sunset

Our salads, roasted rhubarb salads were enjoyable and
our entrees, a filet mignon and sea scallops respectively were good both in taste and texture

Our waiter, Eric, provided nice service and we acknowledged him with a 20% tip

All in all, it was a was nice venue and a nice dining experience.

1  Thank F-J-1414

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Beautiful view and excellent food. Sit outside to really enjoy it. Our server was very good. The mango, lobster and crab appetizer was delicious and the fish entrees were as well. Relaxing and enjoyable. We definitely would return there.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The best brunch in bucks county. Took my hubby to celebrate his bday. The 3 course brunch is so good. Great menu. You must try the scones! The view is perfect. Service is excellent. I would def go back. The gave him a bday card and a box of chocolates. How sweet is that?

1  Thank Eljoy224
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I want to start my review by saying that our server Karen was wonderful. Knowledgeable and kind, friendly and hard working. That's pretty much the best thing I can say about our experience this past weekend. I made the reservation for our dinner over a month in advance. There were 6 of us and we were celebrating my parents' 45th wedding anniversary. Our reservations were at 7...and we didn't get our meals until almost 9! And the food they brought wasn't the correct order! We were ready to just eat what was in front of us because we were so hungry, but they took it away. They did compensate by bringing free drinks and desserts, but who wants to eat dessert that late? My parents ordered a dessert to go, which was fine, but overall just disappointed. We have always loved the Black Bass, celebrating many important life occasions there, but now I'll second guess any future decisions to return.

2  Thank jenlynnjj
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My husband and I dined at the Black Bass last night for a well overdue date night. This is my first time writing a review. Shirley was our server and was lots of fun. The food was very good, although the presentation on the appetizers could have been a little nicer. The pastrami spring roll was delicious, making me want to go back for a sandwich at lunch. Overall, not inexpensive as others have said....but we didn't expect it to be. We knew what to expect. Will definitely be back!