“Great place to visit every year.”

Bear Creek Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Macungie
Reviewed 15 February 2014

This is our 3rd yr. in a row visiting as a family of 6. We stayed in a slope side suite that sleeps 4 in the main bedroom and then 2 on a sofa bed. My kids are now getting older so we asked for a roll away for the living room to accommodate 2 older boys so as to not share a bed. The staff was great helping with all questions. The room was clean and large enough. We actually for the first time ate in the nicer sit down restaurant adjacent to the main lodge public area. Great food. Great staff. The conditions were as good as they could be on the hill. The lift operators were just as friendly as the front desk staff. My wife lost her drivers license on property. It was found and they actually mailed it to use before we even had to ask. I would without doubt recommend this property again. I can't wait till next year.

Room Tip: Slope side rooms always give a great view of the hill. I actually like them when they are blowing s...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
BearCreekRep, General Manager at Bear Creek Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Thank you for your continued loyalty. I am so glad we were able to locate your drivers license and return it quickly! We look forward to seeing you again next year!

There are newer reviews for Bear Creek Mountain Resort

Reviewed 14 February 2014

My family has visited Bear Creek for four straight ski seasons and we always look forward to our stay. It is by far one of the cleanest and friendliest places I have ever stayed at with my family. We attend an annual trip with a social club and the banquet facilities and food are among the best in the region. All of the facilities are top-notch: the hotel, the restaurants, the ski activities and rentals, the gift shops, the spa, the fitness center and the banquet facilities. The ski rentals are a little pricey, but the equipment is well-maintained and of high quality. The slopes are well-groomed, the ski school "student to teacher" ratio is good and my family loves the tubing. The only things we've never used are the outdoor pool (love the indoor one) and hot tub. But we may try them on a repeat visit, as we will be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the review. I would definitely recommend giving the outdoor pool a try. There is something really special about relaxing in a pool when you are surrounded by snow!
We hope you are able to return soon.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I visited Bear Creek for the 3rd time this season. It is always an enjoyable place to ski. It provides a variety of terrain for the whole family. I believe we have been skiing here for at least 13 years and we keep coming back. The lodge can't be beat. It is spacious and even at the busiest times you can find a seat. The prices are reasonable and it is generally less crowded than other ski resorts in central Pennsylvania. It may not be the biggest mountain, but you can get in a full day of skiing without spending half the day in a lift line.

1  Thank ronelay

Thank you so much for your loyalty through the years! I am glad you had a great stay and had a fun time on our slopes. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Sincerley,

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Recently stayed at Bear creek for 2 nights/3days. It was a wonderful experience for both my husband and I. - Rooms: beautifully decorated and the most important part, THEY WERE CLEAN! I'm way over the top about the cleanliness of my hotel room, but this was one of the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed in! They were comfortable, spacious rooms.
- Price: We chose the mid week ski and stay package.... The price was great! We paid about $215 the entire stay including the ski package! There were no hidden charges, no unexpected add-ons. They spell everything out for you in the beginning and what you see is what you pay.
- Amenities: There is an indoor pool and jacuzzi.... Just outside of the indoor pool is an outdoor jacuzzi. There is an outdoor heated pool which was beautiful to swim in at night while watching the skiers. Just a few steps away there is another outdoor jacuzzi, all with a view of the mountain. There plenty of fireplaces to relax near. Plenty of lobby space to take a break and read a book. There is a hotel gift shop, not very big, but just enough. There is also a game room
- Food: Lots of places to eat, none of which break the bank. There is a restaurant on site that opens for dinner. It was a great place if you wanted to eat a nice dinner on a date, etc.... However, they had options on the menu that were a little less extravagant, for those who may just want to order a nice burger. Grab a table near the window! There is a smaller cafe with seating..... Sandwiches, pizza, coffees and pastries. There is a small ice cream shop with banana splits and waffles. Then there's the large eating area that has everything from salads to chicken fingers, tacos to pizza and on and on! It was reasonably priced and was accessible the entire day.
- The Spa: great experience! The rooms were calming and the therapists were knowledgeable of their work. Would do it again in a second
- Skiing: I had never skied before.... So this was going to be quite the experience. We were able to purchase a ski lesson. It was a great price and it lasted 2 1/2 hours. The instructors were so patient and they knew what they were doing. They have ski rentals on site, so it was easy to get our gear and then have them hold it for us.

Overall, It was a really great experience! Everything you need is really right there in the hotel.... It was a great experience and we will be making this regularly. You can't beat the price and the hotel was a plus!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
BearCreekRep, General Manager at Bear Creek Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

I am so glad you had such a wonderful visit and happy to hear you enjoyed your first time on skis. We do offer advanced lesson and some great women's programs too that would be great follow ups to your first time lesson.
I hope you and your husband are able to return soon and take advantage of the cold and snow while they last!

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I've been coming here since it opened and just stayed recently...the hotel is clean and comfortable. 2 nights is more than enough time for snowtubing, swimming, skiing, spa treatments (didn't do that yet) and dining.
Adults will Love the outdoor hot tubs and kids will love swimming outside in the heated pool...bring a camera...you may get lucky to get a shot of the kids swimming in the snow. Food in the grill is really good...if you want something super casual, the restuarant next to the outdoor pool is simple and inexpensive (perfect for the kids)
Our kids took snowboarding lessons (shout out to Gabby) and we were able to walk around with beers..... the best part of this resort, is that it is SO close to the suburbs of philly...45 min away, but you feel like you are out in the middle of nowhere, will snow surrounding you. I definitely recommend this place and can't wait to return!

Room Tip: TIP for PARENTS: be ORGANIZED! if you can't check in til 3 and need to be out by 11am, have a s...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank keenansm0m
BearCreekRep, General Manager at Bear Creek Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Thanks so much for bringing your family up to visit. I am happy to hear your kids enjoyed their lesson and hope they are taking advantage of the continued cold to practice their newly learned skills.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Bear Creek was a good place for little kids to learn to ski. Food in the The Grill restaurant was very good.The ski lessons were half off if staying over and they were a full 2 hours long. The trails were decent and Sasquatch was a decent black diamond.Generally a good place to learn to ski.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

I am glad to hear you had a wonderful time with your family and your kids got a great start to what I hope becomes a great family activity.
I did noticed on your profile you have a mountain biker as your photo. You might like to check out our mountain biking trails in the off-season. We are the host venue for the 2014 Mt. Bike Nationals and the riding is excellent!
Thanks,

Reviewed 28 January 2014

My husband and I stayed over the weekend to attend a wedding in the Mountain Ballroom. The hotel is quite impressive, rooms beautiful, amenities excellent. The wedding reception itself was amazing; food ambiance, (looks out over the slopes). I could see myself coming up here just for a quick getaway, go to the spa, etc. A little pricy, but it is prime ski season.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

I am glad you enjoyed your visit especially as a non-skier during the recent cold snap.
We do offer some great deals for spa getaways in the spring and fall that make the visit a bit more affordable.
Sincerely thanks,
Mark Schroetel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Macungie
Glasbern Inn - Fogelsville / Allentown
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Allentown-Fogelsville
Historic Hotel Bethlehem
Historic Hotel Bethlehem
#1 of 14 in Bethlehem

Been to Bear Creek Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!