“best place ever”

Bear Creek Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Macungie
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My wife and I visit 2 times a yr, we're going up this Tuesday to wensday, I can't wait to get another sportsman massage in their great facility' its always fun to visit some place where you fill like family and get treated so dang good. Can't wait to see my friends again. Majic mike is how they all remember me and my wife Christina.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
BearCreekRep, General Manager at Bear Creek Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Majic Mike, so glad you and Christina keep coming to visit. We hope to see you again very soon and I wish you a very pleasant summer.

There are newer reviews for Bear Creek Mountain Resort

Reviewed 2 April 2014

This is our third time staying here, hotel is clean and nice, rooms are spacious and in great shape. The entire complex looks brand new for being over 10 years old. Keruig coffee makers with excellent selections in rooms, ski school was great for my sons, all personnel were accommodating and nice. I must say though when I asked for a later check out I was told 11:30 was the latest, someone was coming into that exact room. REALLY? It was a Monday morning the Hotel was empty. When we left at 3:00pm after checking out, parking lot had 5 cars in it. Slopes were empty.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank eric d
BearCreekRep, General Manager at Bear Creek Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Thank you for writing such a great review. I am sorry to hear you were not able to get a later checkout. On occasion we do have very specific room requests from incoming guests that make it difficult to honor late checkout requests. I will discuss this issue with the front desk team and make sure we are doing all we can to honor guest requests.
Thanks again.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stay at bear all the time, just about every weekend in the winter, and have developed fantastic relationships with many staff members. The i have traveled to a lot of places and the hotel at bear creek is by far the best accommodations i will ever experience. Now i am a snowboarder and come to bear whenever i can to get a ride in, i even learned here ps one of the best ski schools around, and if you are looking for free riding trails you've come to the right place and if you like exploring in the trees a tiny bit you can find a few places to build some kickers and make tight turns where you might hit a log. Bear creeks terrain are extremely well rounded and fun for all skill levels, just remember the first time you go in to know the rules you are supposed to fallow. If you live near by like me, just a short 45 minute drive, and looking on improving your riding skills or just to have some fun skiing with your friends take advantage of this resort and by a season pass and come up as often as you can, you'll make a ton of new friends that are both regulars and staff members. PS rentals are to notch. All in all, if you are close go here as much as possible and if you don't this is the perfect place to learn. From, Paul John Balderston, If you see me at bear i will most likely be wearing a purple jacket with a teal left sleeve and teal pants, let me know if you want to take a few runs. Again, from Paul John Balderston

Room Tip: Everything is magical
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul_John_Balderston

Thanks Paul John! It has been great getting to know you and your family and we really enjoy having you visit all winter. Hopefully next year brings another cold and snowy winter!
Have a great summer!

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I typically hated skiing and cold weather but gave it another shot.....The convenience of rentals and location of the hotel (in proximity to the hills/ski lift) made life much easier than any other mountain we've been to. The staff is very friendly. Food is delicious. Rooms are clean and mountain view literally puts you on the mountain with a GREAT view. Outdoor jacuzzi was icing on the cake after a day on the slopes with yet another beautiful view. Very cozy atmosphere throughout. Tubing was limited to 4 lanes and allows belly riding only with no double or family options. We had a blast and already booked again for next year!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

I am glad to hear we were able to rekindle your enjoyment of skiing!
We are looking forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Traveling on business with KNOLL and Bear Creek is their preferred location when in the area. While Bear Creek is a resort location, the hotel staff went out of their way to make this business traveler comfortable and welcomed. While there was often noise in the hallway, it was really not excessive and after all, spring break is starting for schools. The facilities are lovely and who can resist their large fire place and area seating in the lobby that has a very nice view of the lifts? It would have been really great had they been able to feature Knoll products in the lobby but that might happen soon.

Room Tip: Perhaps a room at the end of the hall away from the elevators might solve any noise issues.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
BearCreekRep, General Manager at Bear Creek Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and we definitely appreciate the guests from Knoll. For those guests coming to the area and looking for a short diversion I would definitely recommend the Knoll Museum tour. It is a fun way to spend a few hours.
We have had great luck with the Knoll furniture we have in the offices and boardrooms and will definitely consider more throughout the resort as time comes to replace the furnishings.
Thanks again,

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I'm not a skier. I went with my wife and son for the good of the family. Was I surprised! Excellent food, great amenities, immaculate resort. My wife skied, my son snowboarded. Great conditions. Staff was friendly. Special shot out to Josh who cooked at Trails End. The food was fresh and delicious. We has a blast! We will definitely return. Well done!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

I am glad you and your family were pleased with your stay. I will definitely pass along your thanks to Josh.
Thanks again,

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

My fiance and I planned this trip 2 months ago and chose a specific king room deluxe and was excited to get away from our 7 day a week jobs to relax and enjoy time together. The room wasnt the room we booked, it was dirty and the headboard was broken.. The noise between the rooms was sooo loud we couldnt even sleep.. We spoke to the one manager Rebecca and she said to deal with and stay or we could pack and leave. She never apologized nor did she come to the room to see the dirt everywhere.. We will never be going to this resort again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Andy K

I truly apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. I have spoken with the team members you interacted with while on site and understand there was confusion with the room type that was booked and your expectations regarding amenities and features in those room types. We strive to correct any issue guests encounter immediately and to the satisfaction of the guest. Unfortunately during your stay we only had one other room available to offer you and when that did not meet with your satisfaction you were offered compensation for your inconvenience. I am sorry our solutions did not meet with your satisfaction. I would be happy to discuss this further with you at your convenience.
Mark Schroetel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Macungie
Glasbern Inn - Fogelsville / Allentown
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Allentown-Fogelsville
Historic Hotel Bethlehem
Historic Hotel Bethlehem
#1 of 14 in Bethlehem

Been to Bear Creek Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!