“A great weekend and wedding celebration”

Bear Creek Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Macungie
chatham, MA
“A great weekend and wedding celebration”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Our family traveled from Massachusetts to attend our Nieces wedding. We weren't sure what we would find at the end of our journey and have to say that we were pleasantly surprised! The venue is beautiful. Rooms are spacious and more than adequate. We had two queen beds, TV, small fridge and large bathroom. There are other accommodations with kitchens (our Son and family had such a room). The staff was always friendly and helpful. The wedding and reception took place at the resort. Plan A was a wedding outside, but rain happened and so Plan B was ready. The food was delicious and served just how everyone asked for it...and HOT! Servers were constantly checking on all the guests and very attentive to all. There are two heated pools on the property; one inside and one outside. Also, a couple of restaurants on the property that are very good. Its a great place for couples or families. We would love to return another time with friends and hope to do so in the not too distant future. Would recommend highly.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room overlooking the slopes/mountain side on the 6th floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
BearCreekRep, General Manager at Bear Creek Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
I am so glad we were able to provide a great stay at the end of your journey. Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review and I hope you and your family are able to return soon.
Sincere thanks,
Mark Schroetel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Now, I believe that I've handed a guest card to the hotel front desk, yet I'd like to meticulously ponder aloud upon my personal interpretation of the resort facilities. This is my second visit to the astounding property, as I've visited this property of renown on the November of 2013 as well. The staff (in my personal opinion) is cordial and attentive, and are very understanding, even if one decides to give them the burden of solving one's personal disputes. The hotel guestroom we stayed at was 104, a regular suite, and I found out that it was as carefully appointed as always. The hotel does a stupendous job in carefully preparing the food properly; whether at the Grille or the Trail's end cafe, food is always delectable at Bear Creek. The abundant amount of land given was always a plus, as I could indulge in hiking activities there, or even give myself a quick, strenuous work-out. Everything in the middle was above my usual standard, even the other hotel guests. Thank you very much for verifying this review, and thank you for letting me indulge in Bear Creek. my email is "ealirischmann@gmail.com", so if you ever need to write to me, my g-mail is always open.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ethan L
BearCreekRep, General Manager at Bear Creek Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Ethan,
Thanks so much for the glowing, almost poetic review. I am so happy we inspired you to write such wonderful things about your visit to Bear Creek. I hope you get a chance to visit again soon and have an equally wonderful visit.
Sincere Thanks,
South Plainfield, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My wife and I visit 2 times a yr, we're going up this Tuesday to wensday, I can't wait to get another sportsman massage in their great facility' its always fun to visit some place where you fill like family and get treated so dang good. Can't wait to see my friends again. Majic mike is how they all remember me and my wife Christina.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
BearCreekRep, General Manager at Bear Creek Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Majic Mike, so glad you and Christina keep coming to visit. We hope to see you again very soon and I wish you a very pleasant summer.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This is our third time staying here, hotel is clean and nice, rooms are spacious and in great shape. The entire complex looks brand new for being over 10 years old. Keruig coffee makers with excellent selections in rooms, ski school was great for my sons, all personnel were accommodating and nice. I must say though when I asked for a later check out I was told 11:30 was the latest, someone was coming into that exact room. REALLY? It was a Monday morning the Hotel was empty. When we left at 3:00pm after checking out, parking lot had 5 cars in it. Slopes were empty.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank eric d
BearCreekRep, General Manager at Bear Creek Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Thank you for writing such a great review. I am sorry to hear you were not able to get a later checkout. On occasion we do have very specific room requests from incoming guests that make it difficult to honor late checkout requests. I will discuss this issue with the front desk team and make sure we are doing all we can to honor guest requests.
Thanks again.
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stay at bear all the time, just about every weekend in the winter, and have developed fantastic relationships with many staff members. The i have traveled to a lot of places and the hotel at bear creek is by far the best accommodations i will ever experience. Now i am a snowboarder and come to bear whenever i can to get a ride in, i even learned here ps one of the best ski schools around, and if you are looking for free riding trails you've come to the right place and if you like exploring in the trees a tiny bit you can find a few places to build some kickers and make tight turns where you might hit a log. Bear creeks terrain are extremely well rounded and fun for all skill levels, just remember the first time you go in to know the rules you are supposed to fallow. If you live near by like me, just a short 45 minute drive, and looking on improving your riding skills or just to have some fun skiing with your friends take advantage of this resort and by a season pass and come up as often as you can, you'll make a ton of new friends that are both regulars and staff members. PS rentals are to notch. All in all, if you are close go here as much as possible and if you don't this is the perfect place to learn. From, Paul John Balderston, If you see me at bear i will most likely be wearing a purple jacket with a teal left sleeve and teal pants, let me know if you want to take a few runs. Again, from Paul John Balderston

Room Tip: Everything is magical
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Paul_John_Balderston
Thanks Paul John! It has been great getting to know you and your family and we really enjoy having you visit all winter. Hopefully next year brings another cold and snowy winter!
Have a great summer!
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I typically hated skiing and cold weather but gave it another shot.....The convenience of rentals and location of the hotel (in proximity to the hills/ski lift) made life much easier than any other mountain we've been to. The staff is very friendly. Food is delicious. Rooms are clean and mountain view literally puts you on the mountain with a GREAT view. Outdoor jacuzzi was icing on the cake after a day on the slopes with yet another beautiful view. Very cozy atmosphere throughout. Tubing was limited to 4 lanes and allows belly riding only with no double or family options. We had a blast and already booked again for next year!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
I am glad to hear we were able to rekindle your enjoyment of skiing!
We are looking forward to seeing you again next year.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Traveling on business with KNOLL and Bear Creek is their preferred location when in the area. While Bear Creek is a resort location, the hotel staff went out of their way to make this business traveler comfortable and welcomed. While there was often noise in the hallway, it was really not excessive and after all, spring break is starting for schools. The facilities are lovely and who can resist their large fire place and area seating in the lobby that has a very nice view of the lifts? It would have been really great had they been able to feature Knoll products in the lobby but that might happen soon.

Room Tip: Perhaps a room at the end of the hall away from the elevators might solve any noise issues.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
BearCreekRep, General Manager at Bear Creek Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and we definitely appreciate the guests from Knoll. For those guests coming to the area and looking for a short diversion I would definitely recommend the Knoll Museum tour. It is a fun way to spend a few hours.
We have had great luck with the Knoll furniture we have in the offices and boardrooms and will definitely consider more throughout the resort as time comes to replace the furnishings.
Thanks again,
Mark Schroetel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Macungie
Glasbern Inn - Fogelsville / Allentown
Wingate by Wyndham Allentown
Historic Hotel Bethlehem
Historic Hotel Bethlehem
#1 of 14 in Bethlehem

Been to Bear Creek Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!